Slade knows what he's doing..... (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Me every time CCFC hire a new manager and people get excited:

tumblr_n0depkitfa1syvo5io1_500.gif
I'm sorry we should just accept we're shit and never find any excitement or positivity in anything...

CovisGod

Window isn't closed yet, still wants 4 players in. Don't write the Manager off just yet. Look at today, 0-0 at half time where we had to haul are only striker off with a niggle, may have been a different story if we had a couple more strikers on board...

Feel free to dredge this post up when we get relgated,

I'll do the same when we finish mid table ;)

BackRoomRummermill

The trouble is we are pretty much relegated now. I have accepted this already. My point (Slade) is he will disappear when we go down for sure , I would rather have someone else take the reigns than the terry tibbs we have at the moment, all talk and zero action. ( with a nice couple grand a week)

CovisGod

As usual, with regards to anything Coventry your let down at every turn.

This original thread was made with what I honestly believed in my heart at the time, he's a manager used to work with no funding, and has even got clubs to playoff finals without any spending atall. He's still as yet never been relegated as a manager.

However, his brand of football here has been abysmal, we've gone from a fast paced attacking side last year that had all the basics nailed down to a hoof it forward to a big man we haven't got team. He sets us up to not lose as opposed to go for the win, makes subs and decisions too late in the game. This isn't the time to be pussy footing around, we should be going for the jugular in every single game.

His recruitment has been woeful, and I feel we've massively taken a step back.

Sit here every day shaking my head in disbelief.

I was wrong.

ajsccfc

I was caught out by him also, the Bolton game was massively encouraging and his quick signings seemed to be filling the exact gaps we had in the squad. Shame he then just pulled the string in their backs and sent them out to buzz around in all directions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I too am starting to see the signs that I was probably wrong. However, it doesn't mean that he's terrible and Mowbray is better. Just to put a stop to it right here.

Both have failed and Venus has been the best of the bunch. Which is alarming but says a lot.

no_loyalty

I was caught out by him also, the Bolton game was massively encouraging and his quick signings seemed to be filling the exact gaps we had in the squad. Shame he then just pulled the string in their backs and sent them out to buzz around in all directions.

Agree, after the Bolton game I was very optimistic that Slade was the man to keep us up, but he has been a disaster

stevefloyd

Nearly every game I kept thinking this will be the turning point but as it went on he kept playing more or less the same losing teams and ignoring the teams that were winning in the cup.. i know he was dealt a losing hand to start with but it seems as though he isnt going to be our messiah after all

skybluepm2

I'll hold my hands up and say that I had genuine belief that he would be the man to pull us clear of trouble, particularly after the Peterborough and Bolton performances and the somewhat pro-active approach to bring in 4 players during the first day of the transfer window. How wrong I was and the writing has been on the wall since the consecutive stoppage-time equalisers conceded in the games mentioned above.

I cannot stand managers who play people out of position, nor those who persist with their favoured personnel irrespective of form. Yes he's been unfortunate with injuries to Stokes and Beavon plus the added headache of losing Willis for 3 games, but why was he not in the squad whatsoever at the weekend? Is he seriously suggesting that DKE and the 2 donkeys in the middle were a better option? This bloke doesn't know his best centre half pairing let alone his best 11. Clarke and Turnbull were an utter disgrace on Saturday and shouldn't even be in the squad tomorrow.

And don't get me started on that feeble little lamb behind them. It's glaringly obvious to the majority of us that both he and RCC are utter horse shit. Yet as was the case with Mowbray and Pressley before him, they have failed to act on a what has been a major failing of this team for the best part of 3 years. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that Burge is out of contract in the Summer. It's the coventry and district Sunday league for you boy!

Full back wise, DKE always gives his very best yet inconsistency and defensive frailties are a constant downfall and he just isn't ready just yet, not playing week in week out anyway. The experienced right back brought in to tighten up this position is now positioned bizarrely in front of the back 4, adding absolutely nothing in terms of protecting the guys behind him or adding anything going forward either. It didn't occur to me that he was on the pitch until the 70th minute on Saturday. Left back... Ryan bastard Haynes. Shite. Not worth talking about, even the 'he'd be a great left winger' debate which has been championed on here so often in the past. He's had ample opportunity to prove his worth and as failed to deliver. Get rid. Willis and Harries to centre half from tomorrow.

Reilly has been Slade's most consistent signing and now deserves his place in the side which unfortunately cannot be said of Andy Rose. This was his big year and he's flopped however still getting in the side each week. Bigi had been having a half decent season up until slades arrival with a number of MOTM awards going his way. Surely at this level he should be making the bench at the very least. Gadzhev has been a waste of space and should be talked about in the same manner as Rose. Stevenson when fit needs to line up alongside Reilly in the middle, failing that, Bigi. Kwame Thomas... is not a winger. Since his return he has a creditable 2 in 4. Stick him up top you moron! Don't isolate him out wide when the focal point for goals is grandad Marcus. He is past it and like the rest of us couldn't have predicted playing so regularly when he signed on as a bit part role in the Summer. Another humongous flaw in the recruitment sector. George Thomas has really come on since the turn of the year and long may it continue yet Jodi Jones has also been knocking on the door of late and didn't even make it on as a substitute on Saturday. One man who did however was Yakubu. No warm up and no positive impact again. We are overloaded with strikers yet persisting with Tudgay for whom it just isn't happening.

Slade was too quick to dismiss Sterry and Agyei, 2 players who would offer far more than the shite that he has brought in. The 2 invisible loan strikers are a testament to that. The lineups, the tactics, the substitutions, the lack of urgency, the numerous stoppage time goals conceded, all point to him not being anywhere near good enough.

This season has been ten times worse than when we were relegated from the Championship. An outright disaster from start to finish. Lose tomorrow and it is over. 100%. Relegated in February. To the 4th tier. One relegation away from non league.

Anything less than a win at Bury and the axe should quite rightly fall on that cap wearing cretin. As it should with Venus.

Once relegation is inevitably confirmed, plans for next season need to begin in earnest and I'm sure we will begin seeing this annual merry go round of staff and players commence a lot sooner than normal. Ricketts will take over from Slade I imagine, if and when he gets the boot.

All that's left to say is thank you Tim. Another fine mess you've gotten us into.

Grendel

The bigiramana one is interesting. There are two suggestions, one a fall out over attitude and an interfering agent or a fee based on appearances. He doesn't appear to have played a number of games that means a fee for him.

There definitely has to be more to it than just not liking him. He's rubbish but Slade has played just about everyone other than him.

NorthernWisdom

The bigiramana one is interesting. There are two suggestions, one a fall out over attitude and an interfering agent or a fee based on appearances. He doesn't appear to have played a number of games that means a fee for him.

There definitely has to be more to it than just not liking him. He's rubbish but Slade has played just about everyone other than him.
Does it coincide much with his agent giving the CT an interview?

Agitating for a better contract, or a move elsewhere, so frozen out?

Last edited:

1966skyblue

I'll hold my hands up and say that I had genuine belief that he would be the man to pull us clear of trouble, particularly after the Peterborough and Bolton performances and the somewhat pro-active approach to bring in 4 players during the first day of the transfer window. How wrong I was and the writing has been on the wall since the consecutive stoppage-time equalisers conceded in the games mentioned above.

I cannot stand managers who play people out of position, nor those who persist with their favoured personnel irrespective of form. Yes he's been unfortunate with injuries to Stokes and Beavon plus the added headache of losing Willis for 3 games, but why was he not in the squad whatsoever at the weekend? Is he seriously suggesting that DKE and the 2 donkeys in the middle were a better option? This bloke doesn't know his best centre half pairing let alone his best 11. Clarke and Turnbull were an utter disgrace on Saturday and shouldn't even be in the squad tomorrow.

And don't get me started on that feeble little lamb behind them. It's glaringly obvious to the majority of us that both he and RCC are utter horse shit. Yet as was the case with Mowbray and Pressley before him, they have failed to act on a what has been a major failing of this team for the best part of 3 years. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that Burge is out of contract in the Summer. It's the coventry and district Sunday league for you boy!

Full back wise, DKE always gives his very best yet inconsistency and defensive frailties are a constant downfall and he just isn't ready just yet, not playing week in week out anyway. The experienced right back brought in to tighten up this position is now positioned bizarrely in front of the back 4, adding absolutely nothing in terms of protecting the guys behind him or adding anything going forward either. It didn't occur to me that he was on the pitch until the 70th minute on Saturday. Left back... Ryan bastard Haynes. Shite. Not worth talking about, even the 'he'd be a great left winger' debate which has been championed on here so often in the past. He's had ample opportunity to prove his worth and as failed to deliver. Get rid. Willis and Harries to centre half from tomorrow.

Reilly has been Slade's most consistent signing and now deserves his place in the side which unfortunately cannot be said of Andy Rose. This was his big year and he's flopped however still getting in the side each week. Bigi had been having a half decent season up until slades arrival with a number of MOTM awards going his way. Surely at this level he should be making the bench at the very least. Gadzhev has been a waste of space and should be talked about in the same manner as Rose. Stevenson when fit needs to line up alongside Reilly in the middle, failing that, Bigi. Kwame Thomas... is not a winger. Since his return he has a creditable 2 in 4. Stick him up top you moron! Don't isolate him out wide when the focal point for goals is grandad Marcus. He is past it and like the rest of us couldn't have predicted playing so regularly when he signed on as a bit part role in the Summer. Another humongous flaw in the recruitment sector. George Thomas has really come on since the turn of the year and long may it continue yet Jodi Jones has also been knocking on the door of late and didn't even make it on as a substitute on Saturday. One man who did however was Yakubu. No warm up and no positive impact again. We are overloaded with strikers yet persisting with Tudgay for whom it just isn't happening.

Slade was too quick to dismiss Sterry and Agyei, 2 players who would offer far more than the shite that he has brought in. The 2 invisible loan strikers are a testament to that. The lineups, the tactics, the substitutions, the lack of urgency, the numerous stoppage time goals conceded, all point to him not being anywhere near good enough.

This season has been ten times worse than when we were relegated from the Championship. An outright disaster from start to finish. Lose tomorrow and it is over. 100%. Relegated in February. To the 4th tier. One relegation away from non league.

Anything less than a win at Bury and the axe should quite rightly fall on that cap wearing cretin. As it should with Venus.

Once relegation is inevitably confirmed, plans for next season need to begin in earnest and I'm sure we will begin seeing this annual merry go round of staff and players commence a lot sooner than normal. Ricketts will take over from Slade I imagine, if and when he gets the boot.

All that's left to say is thank you Tim. Another fine mess you've gotten us into.
spot on re selections

steve82

I'll be bold and brave then... disappointed, dissatisfied I am too but I still think he's the man to rebuild the side in the summer with a clean slate so to speak of his own players.
I understand all of the frustrations and various point of views everyone shares and I fully respect there opinion.... I just don't see how a manager with over 15 years experience of professional football and managed over 500/600 games can be said to not have a clue, well I can but you don't just get lucky to manage several sides consecutively for that amount of time without getting found out sooner.
I do feel it's a case of right man very wrong time tho in our history. Why after all those years and games is he epically failing to get the results... has to be the players for me.
Largely the same players we all said were not good enough all season.
I wouldn't highlight myself if I truly didn't think he could make it work after a summer rebuild.... please don't shoot me, just my opinion

Evo1883

Worst managerial appointment at city for some years , borderline Peter Reid crap and singing the same tune as the messiah Andy thorn ...tripe

NortonSkyBlue

Slade is not the answer, there are no green shoots(any shots for that matter) and there seems to a collective disappointment in the way things have gone since he arrived and it's not just down to him but the buck stops with him.
For me he is not a poor manager but an unlucky one, he walked under a ladder somewhere and since then has been a disaster at Cardiff, Charlton and Coventry.
I wish him well but I wish he was gone.

steve82

I understand the frustrations around him I really do but when you step back and take a look at a few games then it would not of been as bad as it certainly looks currently.
4 games out of his 12 we've ditched vital big points in the dying stages of the games all from individual errors. Plus throw in other individual mistakes and collectively as a team we've sent our our selves down.
3 games we were minutes away from the win, Peterborough, Bolton and Wimbledon. We took 3 points there instead of nine, plus the soft Fleetwood goal we lost another point.
That's 10 points we should of had not 3, so 7 points extra we've shed ourselves. Not forgetting the errors at Oldham where if RCC and others do there jobs we score 2 good goals away from home against another poor side but a keeper whose kept 14 clean sheets from 34 games conceding only 33 league goals. That's another 1/3 points thrown away.
Yes we were poor at Chesterfield, Northampton and Swindon, but was far from disgraced against Millwall and a in form Fleetwood side.
Add all them up it could of been far better scenario if players did there basic jobs of there roles correctly.
A potential 11/13 points we should of really had and possibly put you just safe of the bottom 4 looking more confident in your ability and well in it still.
The players have dropped points, big basic mistakes.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I sat at work earlier reading how Slade has sent back the remaining loans and left us with let's be honest, an incredibly thread bare squad. I was thinking to myself, what if the same happens that happened with Mowbray and Slade has big ideas about all these players he wants to sign and nothing materialises and we have to finish the season minus Harries, Stevenson, Willis and the 5 loans potentially. Then I remembered something.....

Slade isn't stupid, he's been in this situation before, he got Leyton Orient to a playoff final on frees and loans alone, and although we haven't got a lot to go on, I was there against Bolton and he certainly seems to be able to pick a player, the ones he wasted no time in bringing in certainly look like they add something to the squad, perhaps something you could say didn't happen with a few of Mowbays signings.

I think we might be in for an exciting transfer window with a good few players coming in either as loans or permenants. I just hope they have enough time to gel together before we get relegated and it all becomes trivial. However if he gets it right, keeps us up and has a summer to work with the transfer market and the players we have, who knows ?

Let's PLEASE for the love of God not turn this into another "Yeah but SISU". Let's forget about all the bollocks for 2 mins and remember when the most important and exciting time as fans was when we got a new manager, with new ideas and what could potentially happen if it all pays off.

PUSB
SLADE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING !!!

Getting us RELEGATED , SIMPLES ! :emoji_see_no_evil:

Otis

So what was it then? Hypnotism? Drugs? Coercion? What? How did he do it?

How did he sneak his way into our heads and intoxicate everyone so?

He's a bit like Jesus. Said he was here to save the world, but it never ever happened.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I sat at work earlier reading how Slade has sent back the remaining loans and left us with let's be honest, an incredibly thread bare squad. I was thinking to myself, what if the same happens that happened with Mowbray and Slade has big ideas about all these players he wants to sign and nothing materialises and we have to finish the season minus Harries, Stevenson, Willis and the 5 loans potentially. Then I remembered something.....

Slade isn't stupid, he's been in this situation before, he got Leyton Orient to a playoff final on frees and loans alone, and although we haven't got a lot to go on, I was there against Bolton and he certainly seems to be able to pick a player, the ones he wasted no time in bringing in certainly look like they add something to the squad, perhaps something you could say didn't happen with a few of Mowbays signings.

I think we might be in for an exciting transfer window with a good few players coming in either as loans or permenants. I just hope they have enough time to gel together before we get relegated and it all becomes trivial. However if he gets it right, keeps us up and has a summer to work with the transfer market and the players we have, who knows ?

Let's PLEASE for the love of God not turn this into another "Yeah but SISU". Let's forget about all the bollocks for 2 mins and remember when the most important and exciting time as fans was when we got a new manager, with new ideas and what could potentially happen if it all pays off.

PUSB

Oh dear oh dear!! You were right, Slade did know what he was doing..to get us relegated my March!

covcity4life

Shite manager most st blame for our relegation

Now out of job whikst another blamed (incorrectly)manager is top of league 1...

Covc1ity4life proven right again

Hsve a great saturday!!!

Astute

Shite manager most st blame for our relegation

Now out of job whikst another blamed (incorrectly)manager is top of league 1...

Covc1ity4life proven right again

Hsve a great saturday!!!
Would prefer a great Friday

Users who are viewing this thread