Slade (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Confidence was shot before he got here I agree with, however lets bring in more players who are no better then what we have and start them. DKE for me has been great, a glimmer in what is a poor squad yet he plays Foley who looks poor. He plays Burge who week in week out plays rubbish, cant kick or throw, cant control his area. every home game this season when burge is playing you can see Slade going mad on the sidelines because of his lack of any goal keeping skills.

Slade for me is a joke and I honestly feel he was the only one who applied for the job. Tactics are now a no show and that plum stands on the touchline looking clueless along with the rest of the coaching staff.

I agree with you on the Burge one. DKE has come of age but his first few outings weren't great and he looked likely to get bullied every time. He probably took Foley on and then saw DKE getting better every week. I wasn't sure on Reilly but he's impressed me over the last 3 weeks. Not keen on Rawson, he's no better than Turnbull, but maybe a few of the kids needed to be taken out of the firing line for a while as their confidence was taking a battering.
As for Slade, I think he's got a bit more of a plan (pretty or not) than either Mowbray or Venus had during their time in charge this season, admittedly its not working out too well but I don't think he can be blamed for the players conceding injury time goals, but for that we'd probably be a lot nearer to safety.

rupert_bear

Russell Slade hasn't delivered the required results. Juggy's comment is bang on one point from the safety line when Slade arrived 11 points now despite signing a number of new additions and performance levels are dire.

It's staring us in the face.

steve82

Russell Slade hasn't delivered the required results. Juggy's comment is bang on one point from the safety line when Slade arrived 11 points now despite signing a number of new additions and performance levels are dire.

It's staring us in the face.

It's correct the results have not came but been so close a few times when individual errors or team collapses have been at fault add that to others around picking up a few points in crucial games against us and rightly so you become detached from the group.
Another mammoth game tomorrow in the last chance saloon, let's hope Lady Luck is finally with us

oucho

Only thing is I do actually feel like we are going to win now.
We were unlucky against Wimbledon and Oldham the tide must turn
My feelings exactly.

its a buzzard

It's correct the results have not came but been so close a few times when individual errors or team collapses have been at fault add that to others around picking up a few points in crucial games against us and rightly so you become detached from the group.
Another mammoth game tomorrow in the last chance saloon, let's hope Lady Luck is finally with us
But isn't this what happens to relegated teams? Whether or not we're getting more than our fair share of "bad luck", or whatever you want to call it, is by the by: our inability to score more than the opposition has left us where we are. I don't expect that to change before the end of the season. We'll do very well not to be relegated as the bottom team - survival is but a distant dream. I only hope that the gap doesn't get any wider, otherwise the players' confidence for Wembley might be badly dented.

Otis

But isn't this what happens to relegated teams? Whether or not we're getting more than our fair share of "bad luck", or whatever you want to call it, is by the by: our inability to score more than the opposition has left us where we are. I don't expect that to change before the end of the season. We'll do very well not to be relegated as the bottom team - survival is but a distant dream. I only hope that the gap doesn't get any wider, otherwise the players' confidence for Wembley might be badly dented.
Tis true.

History is filled with clubs and managers and fans saying it just isn't quite working for them, or that they have been a bit unlucky, or that they have been paying well and losing etc.

We can't bemoan ill luck. We are where we are because we deserve to be there.

Only a complete change of fortune now will save us. That is playing at a consistent level for the next 15 games and winning week in week out, not keep hitting the bar or post and just missing, not having unfortunate own goals going in the back of our own net, not having the keeper drop the ball all the time and then us scoring enough goals in games so that the offside and penalty decisions and bad luck for a goal are irrelevant.

Cov kid 55

Yep, bang on! We have had bad luck, but that's what happens to relegated teams. It happened when we got relegated from the premiership, we would take the lead against teams, be pegged back, and draw or lose, exactly as is happening now. We need to score more goals, 2-0 at Wimbledon would have given us a cushion. In addition, it's self fulfilling, we've conceded so many late goals, that the pressure builds on our players as the clock ticks down, with almost inevitable consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread