Slow Since The Server Move (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Is it just me or is SBT now really slow since it was moved to a new server. At home and work I've had a few database error messages or the page not loading at all. When it does load it's painfully slow and every time I post I get a dialogue box asking me to "Leave Page" or "Stay on Page".

Nick

Administrator
I have been doing some updates today and yesterday which is probably causing it as it is being hammering while I move things over.

Is it any better now?

Otis

Nope. It's slower than Andy Webster.

I get the odd little spurt of speed, but then it just takes an age again.

olderskyblue

I've been getting that dialogue box for a couple of weeks now.. annoying. Nick says he gets it, so it maybe "normal" although I do wonder why it's only just started doing it.

Nick

Administrator
OK leave it with me, I have some software monitoring to see what it might be. I had to make some tweaks on the last server so it could just be it needs something like that once it has settled down!

Nick

Administrator
Could you fellas do me a favour?

If it is running slow, if you could do a "ping" to skybluestalk.co.uk ?

Basically like this: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_do_a_ping_test

Then if you could let me know the IP.

That will let me know if you are seeing the site on the old server which is then having to connect to the database on the server (which is making it slow)

It should be 78.157.216.76

Nick

Administrator
I have been moving a fair amount of other data across which will be hammering both servers. I think I am on the last bit for now so it should be ok then.

Shouldn;t be slow, it is a better spec server :)

olderskyblue

Could you fellas do me a favour?

If it is running slow, if you could do a "ping" to skybluestalk.co.uk ?

Basically like this: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_do_a_ping_test

Then if you could let me know the IP.

That will let me know if you are seeing the site on the old server which is then having to connect to the database on the server (which is making it slow)

It should be 78.157.216.76

That's the same IP I get

duffer

I work for Microsoft and this looks like a virus problem. Nick, if you can just send over your bank details I'll have it sorted for you in a jiffy. :)

(It's ripping along for me now, btw).

Nick

Administrator
I work for Microsoft and this looks like a virus problem. Nick, if you can just send over your bank details I'll have it sorted for you in a jiffy. :)

(It's ripping along for me now, btw).

I use a Mac :) I had one of them on the phone for about an hour once on the wind up!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It 's quick at the moment, Nick.

If it slows again I will ping for you.

I misread that Otis! At first I thought you said "I will pine for you"! Got me worried there for a moment! :D
BTW Nick, I've had no problems whatsoever.

J

Jack Griffin

I have been doing some updates today and yesterday which is probably causing it as it is being hammering while I move things over.

Is it any better now?

It was painfully slow this lunch time, but it seems fine now.

Great_Expectations

Mine is still incredibly slow and keeps crashing when I try to open a thread, with an error message of 'This web page is not available'.

I am using Google Chrome on my iPhone. It does not seem as bad when using Safari.

Nick

Administrator
Done another couple of things tonight to the server, adjusted a few settings etc so hopefully it should be a bit better :)

Nick

Administrator
Just changed something else as a test, if it slows down again for people just let me know I'll reverse it!

Nick

Administrator
Is it any better now? Apparently the thing I did last night has saved over 33,000 database queries! Whoop!

giphy.gif

stupot07

Sort it ouuuuttttt San.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Intermittent loss - sometimes I can log in, others, I just get that "database error" thing. This has olny been happening since the Big Tweak, Nick! :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Intermittent loss - sometimes I can log in, others, I just get that "database error" thing. This has olny been happening since the Big Tweak, Nick! :thinking about:

The database stuff updated, which has corrupted the database. Just repairing it all now. I get an email every time a user gets database error so I have been abused with them!

Users who are viewing this thread