Smoking i quit 5 years ago but (1 Viewer)

who can afford it nowadays? i got some for the missus this morning 20 cost 7 quid. last pack i bought cost 4.90 something

Astute

I packed up about 5 months ago. Found it quite easy. Instead of a smoke I had a few biscuits, a few sweets or a small chocolate bar instead. The problem is I went up to either a pack of biscuits, a pack of sweets or a large bar of chocolate instead of a smoke. I put on 3 stone in 3 months :eek: I am not exactly small so I got quite big. I decided I needed to lose weight so I started smoking again. I have lost 1 1/2 stone in 2 months. No diet needed :D

spwaverley4916

as luck would have it - i go to spain quite often and buy them there, for me and the missus - works out about £3.80p a pkt of 20. the spanish moan like hell about the price of them over there - just goes to show the tax that is levied on each packet by our goverment.
I know it's a bad habit but I support the city which either sends you to drink or smoke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I gave up 4 years ago after my 3rd heart attack (I've had a double bypass and also stents inserted). Got bored a bit lately and tried a small cigar. I thought I could handle it. Now back on bloody ciggies! :facepalm: (my missus don't know though! She smokes like a trooper so doesn't smell it on me!) I'm still trying to give up again. :whistle:

Disorganised1

Gave up 28th August 1999 - I was 45 years old, had a 2 month old son, and had a heart attack.

Strange how often I dream about smoking though.

Skyblueloyal

Gave up 15 years ago would never go back on them even if they were free. Never felt better and since giving up not had a day off sick in 9 years. Smoking is a mugs game.

Users who are viewing this thread