Snow nostalgia - who remembers this game? (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

I do remember a midweek game versus Liverpool in the seventies that was snowbound and all they did was scraped the lines clear.
Should never have been played but I'm sure with my failing memory we beat them 1-0. I always remember their deep red kit against the white pitch , silly how things like that stick in your mind.

trevelfarandwide

Brilliant day, just brilliant. :) I honestly thought we'd get hammered by Blackburn, prior to kickoff, but what a result and what a performance.

Whenever I see an orange football, I'm reminded of this game, every time.

Calista

Memory plays tricks, and I might be getting games mixed up, but I recall beating Ipswich 5-0 at home in quite deep white stuff, where they had to clear the snow off all the line markings. It was the promotion season from Div 2.

Bobby Gould scored a hat-trick so the scoreboard showed 999 I think! I was just a kid …

Anyone remember that one?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Memory plays tricks, and I might be getting games mixed up, but I recall beating Ipswich 5-0 at home in quite deep white stuff, where they had to clear the snow off all the line markings. It was the promotion season from Div 2.

Bobby Gould scored a hat-trick so the scoreboard showed 999 I think! I was just a kid …

Anyone remember that one?
Yes I was there , lots of happy memories. :D

georgehudson

I do remember a game PNE, I think, @ Highfield Road, perhaps someone could resurrect the Cov Evening Telegraph report, think the City won 3-0 & the report headline was 'Hudson On Ice', certainly not a drug reference.
There was also another one where we beat Southampton 5-1 & 'the hud' excelled, similar weather conditions.
On a musical strain, was just listening to a couple of tunes that some may enjoy;
Jeff Strahan - Take Me To Texas
& Guy Davis - Come On Sally Hitch A Ride

tisza

the coldest I have ever been at a football game. Snow blowing straight into the west end and if you didn't move it settled on you. Never forgive that horrible c**t megson for what he did that day.
it was brutal that day. A real shame for Emerson who was turning into a very decent player - I thought much under-rated.

clint van damme

it was brutal that day. A real shame for Emerson who was turning into a very decent player - I thought much under-rated.

I think he could have gone on to bigger and better things, I really rated him. He was a shadow of his former self when he came back.

Moff

I think he could have gone on to bigger and better things, I really rated him. He was a shadow of his former self when he came back.

Emerson never got it back did he. In todays game Megson would have been off, the dirty prick. That nasty bastard did him, with a cowards tackle into his knee.

Users who are viewing this thread