So after doing no exercise at all for about 3 weeks (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

And eating and drinking way too much

The fitness regime starts again tomorrow

I start boot camp lessons and have signed up for the Coventry half marathon in march
I'm not too fussed about the running as up until the start of December I'd been running up to 8 miles twice a week it's boot camp that's gonna be the hardest

stupot07

Good luck Daz. I desperately need to get got too, but not sure what I fancy doing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Ill be back on it soon as well! Going to be a killer as I was going every day until about June and then it fizzled out :(

Sick Boy

Wouldn't mind doing boxing for fitness, would puke my guts up though.

Haha I must admit that if I take a break of a month or so I usually vomit afterwards. I would fully recommend giving it a go, you won't regret it :D

Nick

Administrator
Haha I must admit that if I take a break of a month or so I usually vomit afterwards. I would fully recommend giving it a go, you won't regret it :D

It's just finding somewhere to go, then it's walking in and being new and everybody stopping to have a look, then it's absolutely blowing. Would probably need to book a few one on one sessions to get into it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Fair play Daz! What boot camp have you signed up to?
It's the go commando boot camp they do lessons at cardinal newman school on a Tuesday and Thursday night and Saturday and Sunday morning
Also Monday and Wednesday morning at coundon park
I did it a while ago and really enjoyed it but fell out of the habit of going completely my own fault
But The trainers are a really nice bunch of people and it will take a few weeks but I'll get back into it
I think Last Garrison who posts on here still goes
Im getting my birthday out of the way and then knocking the beer and takeaways on The head till the Haye v Belles fight, that's roughly 9 weeks away

Sky_Blue_Daz

Good luck Daz. I desperately need to get got too, but not sure what I fancy doing.
I can recommend the go commando boot camp
Have a look at their Facebook page

bringbackrattles

My mate Gil Lewis an ex boxer trains anyone looking to learn boxing skills/fitness etc. I'm 62 and Ive signed up as haven't done any boxing workouts for years. So if I can do it anyone can !

Sick Boy

It's just finding somewhere to go, then it's walking in and being new and everybody stopping to have a look, then it's absolutely blowing. Would probably need to book a few one on one sessions to get into it.

Most people will be too focused on themselves to look at you. ;) You don't need to get fit to do boxing training, you do boxing training to get fit.

Covstu

Ironically I have done more exercise over this period, off on the bike tomorrow too. Eating more shite each day with it however....

Nick

Administrator
Most people will be too focused on themselves to look at you. ;) You don't need to get fit to do boxing training, you do boxing training to get fit.
Yes, but I can't just walk in and start training, would need somebody to train me.

Otherwise it would end up a full on brawl with a punchbag.

bringbackrattles

Tomorrow going for a long walk down Wyken Slough love it down there. Not far from where I live and like it when it's cold, gets the blood pumping. Then back on the windows Thursday up and down my ladders. No need to go to the gym with that lot !

bringbackrattles

Yes, but I can't just walk in and start training, would need somebody to train me.

Otherwise it would end up a full on brawl with a punchbag.
If you haven't done boxing training for a long time it will come as a shock to your body !
I did a session once and almost collapsed. Punch bag,press ups,sit ups,sparring, it was agony. Next day could hardly get out my bed as my whole body ached. I reckon it's the toughest workout you can do.But if you keep the routine going regularly it is worth it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Went for a six mile run on Xmas day people were looking at me like I was mad but had to get some early use out of the new shoes.

stupot07

I went over the park earlier to play footy with the nipper....I an so unfit!!

Marty

I'm still recovering from injury. Done my back in running about 3 months ago. Sharp pain and could barely walk home after. Took about half hour to do a mile. I quite fancy taking up boxing for the fitness side of it.

skyblue1991

Been thinking about doing mile runs everyday before work in the New Year.

Only takes 10 mins and the cool air will wake me up before a nice hot shower and straight to work.

I'm sure lots do this on this forum.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread