So, if Pompey is worth £5.67M how much... (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Fisher will get all excited reading that document. It parrots all his favourite catchphrases about breaking even and not being competitive in the Championship.

Seems a touch odd to go through everything they did at the hands of dodgy owners and rescuing the club to sell it on a couple of years later.

Hard to say how it compares to our value really. They own a ground but the document says three stands need totally replacing at a cost of £50m plus. They don't own a training ground, they use the local Roku.

Despite the fact they've gone up and we've gone down our squad is probably worth more than theirs as we have youngsters where they have a lot of jouneymen. The 'brand', goodwill or whatever you want to call it would probably be around the same.

singers_pore

Seems a touch odd to go through everything they did at the hands of dodgy owners and rescuing the club to sell it on a couple of years later.

I would imagine they don't have the funds to push the club into the Championship and beyond so they are looking for a new investor. It seems the fans will retain a few decision rights (via the "heritage committee") although it's not clear how that would work in practice. It's an interesting experiment though.

chiefdave

I would imagine they don't have the funds to push the club into the Championship and beyond so they are looking for a new investor. It seems the fans will retain a few decision rights (via the "heritage committee") although it's not clear how that would work in practice. It's an interesting experiment though.
The heritage committee to me reads as the new owner allowing them to save face a bit. They still wanted fan representation and were told no and then the idea of this board came around. Think if push came to shove it would turn out they have no actual power or influence.

Users who are viewing this thread