So , what are our owners going to do now ............... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I'm happy for Leicester it just goes to show it can be done and in a relatively short time which tells me we can live in hope too.

Leicester has never really been our main rival club, not from where I sit. Maybe I'm older but the Villa and Wolves are more rivals than Leicester. perhaps it's something to do with 34 years in the top flight while Leicester parade in the 2nd division for the most part.

Times change and I believe we are due some success. This season has shown what can be done. TM can get this club up next season. Who could say we wouldn't repeat the feat in the Championship? So keep your glass half full and lets see where we go from here. Compared to a couple of years ago we have steadied the ship and laid some foundations.

Bob Latchford

Ah yes , ye ole see what next season brings , whilst our rivals pull further away . let's just roll over and have our bellies tickled ....... Again !

Grendel

What are our owners going to do?

I would like to say be inspired by Leicester and go for a genuine double promotion.

How will they raise the £350 million spent by Leicester to achieve that out of interest?

Grendel

So , after reading the more ''Sensible '' replies . would it be fair to deduce , CCFC are going to be the runt of our rivals , an embarrassment , the tramps of midland football , whilst these owners remain ? what are the owners gong to do to change this ? what I ask you , what ??

No you are talking shit as usual.

SkyBlueSid

How can City aspire to anything even remotely near what Leicester have done while we have such useless and incompetent owners. We are destined to stay where we are for the foreseeable future as I see it.

There not even our rivals

So I am wondering who are our rivals. Burton and Walsall may both be promoted. So the nearest thing to a local derby rivalry we are likely to see next season is Northampton. How depressing is that!

Grendel

that's a staggering figure. What does that include, purchase of the club, spend on players and wages?

It included to be fair debt transferred into equity. They had a £30+ million wage bill in the final championship season. The net spend on transfer fees this season is still very high as well as they have sold few players.

People on here are deluded. Southampton Bournmouth and Leicester all had £30 million plus wage bills in the championship. That's 4 times our revenue.

I'm sure BHSB has a way we can do this. Perhaps he will give Preston Haskell a call.

dongonzalos

How will they raise the £350 million spent by Leicester to achieve that out of interest?

Bloody hell they spent £350 million on getting promoted into the premiership
I would say they have been seriously ripped off!!
Bournmouth spent £30 million in player staff and wages.
They have just been fined £7 million for it.
I am sure they are gutted as they earn their £100 million plus

Last edited:

Grendel

They've won the premier league for a fraction of the personal cost to the owners of Chelsea and man city so I'm struggling to see your logic.

chiefdave

We wouldn't enjoy winning the PL anyway. We'd be too busy moaning about how the ground was full and glory fans.

Bob Latchford

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It included to be fair debt transferred into equity. They had a £30+ million wage bill in the final championship season. The net spend on transfer fees this season is still very high as well as they have sold few players.

People on here are deluded. Southampton Bournmouth and Leicester all had £30 million plus wage bills in the championship. That's 4 times our revenue.

I'm sure BHSB has a way we can do this. Perhaps he will give Preston Haskell a call.

In one thread you did say100 million I'm not going to go through your numerous posts to find it . As for Haskell don't know him never met him why would you think I have his phone number. I have Fishers number perhaps I can ask him for his thoughts on how any business can prosper without significant investment. Unless of course the company prospering is of no interest.

Grendel

Bournmouth spent £30 million in player staff and wages.
They have just been fined £7 million for it.
I am sure they are gutted as they earn their £100 million plus

Bournemouth spent well over £100 million - well over in terms of taking up debts.

The difference with Leicester is the owners transferred the debt to equity. Also they purchased the ground.

They were fined for losses that the business model couldn't sustain.

They paid one loan player £39,000 a week in the championship season to come off the bench a couple of times.

Bob Latchford

FFS wake up you bunch of hairy arsed wankers - it's like national LCFC day out there in media land today ! it's time to catch up and bloody quick !!

Bob Latchford

stupot07

By Premiership standards Leicester have got where they are cheaply. Our owners may therefore conclude that you don't have to splash out cash to succeed and so will hang around even longer hoping for a miracle.

Lol, what about the £150m+ they spent in 3-4 seasons trying to get to the PL in the first place?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

In one thread you did say100 million .

How convenient you can't find it. That's because I didn't. Leicester have incurred huge losses every season in the championship. Add those loads cumulatively and see what you get.

Oddly the owners also wanted stadium ownership.

They must be fucking retards. It's only pie money isn't it?

Hadji10

Why should we be embarrassed that Leicester won the League? What a stupid fucking statement. Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc should be the ones that are embarrassed.

Bob Latchford

skybluebeduff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36166146

Grendel

dongonzalos

Bournemouth spent well over £100 million - well over in terms of taking up debts.

The difference with Leicester is the owners transferred the debt to equity. Also they purchased the ground.

They were fined for losses that the business model couldn't sustain.

They paid one loan player £39,000 a week in the championship season to come off the bench a couple of times.

So looking at Bournmouth from this stage we would need to spend about 30 million.
With our 40 million of pre existing debt SISU could actually make a profit I from one season in the Prem

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, all Leicester shows is that you don't need the biggest budget in the league.

Are people going to stop obsessing over the budget now then and using it as a reason we lose games?

If people want to rant, can it at least have some factual basis and facts behind it? People just seem to want to somehow twist things to point at us, it makes them look a bit silly.

Weren't Leicester still pulling 20k in League 1 most weeks?

Moff

So looking at Bournmouth from this stage we would need to spend about 30 million.
With our 40 million of pre existing debt SISU could actually make a profit I from one season in the Prem

It seems fairly apparent that their are riches to be made from getting to the Premier league. We can see it, whether SISU can is another matter.

Whilst I don't want the club to nearly bankrupt itself again, and spending money isn't any guarantee of success, some investment would certainly help, it's just so sad that the useless turds who own us cant see that.

Users who are viewing this thread