So , what are our owners going to do now ............... (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

It seems fairly apparent that their are riches to be made from getting to the Premier league. We can see it, whether SISU can is another matter.

Whilst I don't want the club to nearly bankrupt itself again, and spending money isn't any guarantee of success, some investment would certainly help, it's just so sad that the useless turds who own us cant see that.

Spot on.

Nick

Administrator
So what should be done then?

Tread water?

Maybe the city of Coventry can get behind it's football team (not the owners), that would be a good start to set the standard of how the club should be treated / go forward.

If we can't be arsed with the club, why would the owners / potential new owners.

Bob Latchford

It seems fairly apparent that their are riches to be made from getting to the Premier league. We can see it, whether SISU can is another matter.

Whilst I don't want the club to nearly bankrupt itself again, and spending money isn't any guarantee of success, some investment would certainly help, it's just so sad that the useless turds who own us cant see that.

Exactly ! not asking for the world . but , at least compete for gods sake.

ccfc92

Maybe the city of Coventry can get behind it's football team (not the owners), that would be a good start to set the standard of how the club should be treated / go forward.

They're too busy heading off to Syria ;)

No, I agree, our attendances are a lot lower than Soton and Leicesters were in L1.

dongonzalos

But then if it fails... :(

To be honest if I was SISU and won 30 million compo I would pay my investors and walk away.
I don't think I would chase after the £150 million Prem dream and doubling my money in one season.
As you say if they fail they are back to 70 million debt.
But they would have a squad worth a bit.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest if I was SISU and won 30 million compo I would pay my investors and walk away.
I don't think I would chase after the £150 million Prem dream and doubling my money in one season.

I don't think they will get 30 million compo though.

Nick

Administrator
They're too busy heading off to Syria ;)

No, I agree, our attendances are a lot lower than Soton and Leicesters were in L1.

As a city, I just can't imagine it like Leicester was today any more.

The council hate the club, the local press aren't keen.

Would we ever have big huge flags with our players on across the city?

The whole city needs to get behind the club.

Brylowes

If we can't be arsed with the club, why would the owners / potential new owners.
Because they OWN it ,it's down to them to entice people with the quality product they
have on sale.

Grendel

You wouldn't double your money. The cost averages £50 - £60 million a season to try and when in the premiership the costs rise higher than the income

Moff

The owners will change, the politicians will change, and the City will still have a football team.

The change of ownership will bring back fans, but the biggest thing will be success on the pitch, that is what we are all starved of. Any success will bring back old and new fans.

I don't doubt that if we did well the city would begin to again get behind the team. It happened before, and I don't doubt it can again.

Brylowes

It's not the club everyone hates. It's the mercenaries running it.

ccfc92

Yes, I agree. The apathy shown by the city as a whole is disgusting.

However, the JPT and Ricoh return, show there is still passion there IMO.

Nick

Administrator
Because they OWN it ,it's down to them to entice people with the quality product they
have on sale.

What happened to through thick and thin, football team for life etc?

Maybe that is where us and teams like Leicester and Southampton differ?

Grendel

If the council had owned the Leicester stadium they'd be in the shit the same as us.

Nick

Administrator

Is it them on the pitch every Saturday?

People say we will get 10k more the moment SISU leave, we might get it for one game for a bandwagon but that's about it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't doubt that if we did well the city would begin to again get behind the team. It happened before, and I don't doubt it can again.

But surely when in the shit it's when it needs people behind them? I don't mean the owners, I mean the 11 players and the manager every week.

You never know, potential owners might see a decent, hardcore crowd and the regular fanbase and show a bit of interest.

People are demanding investment, get the names down for season tickets next year and force them to have to open another stand!

Moff

But surely when in the shit it's when it needs people behind them? I don't mean the owners, I mean the 11 players and the manager every week.

You never know, potential owners might see a decent, hardcore crowd and the regular fanbase and show a bit of interest.

Owners will be swayed by a potential return, not so much the fanbase, unless they are a proper fan, and lets face it not many clubs are owned by fans.

The thing is Nick, we are a nation of moaning bastards and if something isn't good, many people go and do something else, and sadly that is what happened with the football. People now have choices and will do something else with their hard earned money, and it is up to the club to offer something on the pitch to bring them back.

To compare us to Leicester or Southampton isn't accurate either, we are a separate basket case all on our own, who are starved of success. We as fans and the city and surrounding area are desperate for it and I do not doubt that when it comes the fans will be back, and many will stay. I know plenty of 'new Leicester fans in Lutterworth who have jumped on the bandwagon and now go, and it will be the same for us.

Nick

Administrator
Owners will be swayed by a potential return, not so much the fanbase, unless they are a proper fan, and lets face it not many clubs are owned by fans.

The thing is Nick, we are a nation of moaning bastards and if something isn't good, many people go and do something else, and sadly that is what happened with the football. People now have choices and will do something else with their hard earned money, and it is up to the club to offer something on the pitch to bring them back.

To compare us to Leicester or Southampton isn't accurate either, we are a separate basket case all on our own, who are starved of success. We as fans and the city and surrounding area are desperate for it and I do not doubt that when it comes the fans will be back, and many will stay. I know plenty of 'new Leicester fans in Lutterworth who have jumped on the bandwagon and now go, and it will be the same for us.

Oh no, I don't doubt Leicester has a massive bandwagon going on now! It is just when other teams are in bad places they still seem to have better support :(

couldn't care about the owners, but for 90 a week minutes support the team.

I'd love nothing more than millions pumped in, us to get to the premier league. What happens if it fails?

Moff

Oh no, I don't doubt Leicester has a massive bandwagon going on now! It is just when other teams are in bad places they still seem to have better support :(

couldn't care about the owners, but for 90 a week minutes support the team.

To be fair even the shittest teams have had more of a whiff of success than us in the past 25 years or so. A top 6 finish, or promotion would open the flood gates and bring back a lot of old and new fans.

Someone needs to tell SISU it isn't complicated, success equals more fans equals more income.

Brylowes

How long we're they down here, same goes for Norwich, if we'd gone down for 1 or even 2
seasons and then had a big promotion season, we would of held our gates .
Look at Leeds much bigger club than any of those mentioned, traditionally one of the
biggest supported clubs in the country. But after years of non-progression (ours is decline)
where are there crowds now.

Ashdown

You've always got a way of deflecting blame away from SISU, they are not solely to blame but listen to you and its the fans, the council, past owners etc etc. Just admit it, whilst these cretins are in charge the club will find itself hamstrung every season and only a very astute manager who worked a miracle could succeed and even if we found one the scumbags would probably sell the best part of his team in January !

Ashdown

What a pile of crap again, those teams have had promotions, cup finals, play offs.....................what have we had ??

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think they will get 30 million compo though.

Tell you what, I've this sneaking suspicion that this case is being financed by interests other than SISU, to open a back door for other compo cases from the government. This might explain the delay, because the judgement could have far reaching consequences.

I'll get me tin hat.

Nick

Administrator
You've always got a way of deflecting blame away from SISU, they are not solely to blame but listen to you and its the fans, the council, past owners etc etc. Just admit it, whilst these cretins are in charge the club will find itself hamstrung every season and only a very astute manager who worked a miracle could succeed and even if we found one the scumbags would probably sell the best part of his team in January !

We could have succeeded this season, or been much closer and that was pretty much down to the manager and playing staff.

I'm not taking blame for anybody, but most of the rants like this aren't really based on anything. A Lot of them factually incorrect too.

Depending on business over the summer, we could well be competing next season. Tm has said he has learnt about the league, if he has and is allowed to built we could be up there with a good mixture of pace and strength.

shy_tall_knight

I've never heard such nonsense from the likes of Nick blaming the fans for the poor support, none of the clubs mentioned like Saints, Norwich hve had the last 15 seasons that we have had, our crowds have fallen off but back in 2007/08 when SISU took us over here are the crowds
Leicester away 24k, home 23k
Saints home 19k away 22k
Palace away 14k home 22k (boxing day)
Norwich away 25k home 18k
Stoke away 12k home 20k
Watford home 17k away 17k

Compare the following 8 seasons we've endured compared to those clubs above, our fans have deserted the club in droves due to Northants, poor results, lack of ambition. Our fans are no different can't think of any club of our standing who have .had the dross we've had over the last 15 years

Nick

Administrator
I've never heard such nonsense from the likes of Nick blaming the fans for the poor support, none of the clubs mentioned like Saints, Norwich hve had the last 15 seasons that we have had, our crowds have fallen off but back in 2007/08 when SISU took us over here are the crowds
Leicester away 24k, home 23k
Saints home 19k away 22k
Palace away 14k home 22k (boxing day)
Norwich away 25k home 18k
Stoke away 12k home 20k
Watford home 17k away 17k

Compare the following 8 seasons we've endured compared to those clubs above, our fans have deserted the club in droves due to Northants, poor results, lack of ambition. Our fans are no different can't think of any club of our standing who have .had the dross we've had over the last 15 years
Of course, fans will have given up after sixfields. Other teams didn't have that.

The way to show people though is surely to be united behind the football team?

I probably don't agree with you on most things, but on a Saturday when a goal goes in everybody is united.

I'm not saying it's the fans fault at all, I was saying what as a city could be done as a start.

Hopefully tm will be able to put out a competitive team next season too, we won't know until after pre season. We might get a nice surprise or there might be even more reason than this year to be annoyed.

The fact is, maybe some of it is down to fans expectations? We want millions ploughed in while we buy fake replica shirts and refuse to go to games.

I'd love a saudi prince to come in, and throw hundreds of millions and gave us in the champions league.

I'm not sure of the all or nothing approach.

Grendel

That's if you have a desire to try and stay there.

So tell me - how when our championship revenues would be at the very best £8 million do we find a £30 million wage bill and a £20 million transfer kitty to try and compete - even assuming we got promoted?

shy_tall_knight

Refusal to go to games - there are a small minority who refuse to go out of principle whilst SISU are the owners, there are more who use it as an excuse, northampton broke the habit for some but the non-attendees aren't going because the football has been poor, they've also lost interest have no faith in the owners lost the stadium to WASPS and pretend they are building another one, and then publically announce there is limited investment for the playing squad. There was an increase in the crowds during the first half of the season but I expected the crowds to have been bigger.

IMO its a lot easier to lose fans rather than win them back and the get behind the team mantra like at Blackpool won't work whilst we have owners who have a limited strategy for delivering sucess.

dongonzalos

So tell me - how when our championship revenues would be at the very best £8 million do we find a £30 million wage bill and a £20 million transfer kitty to try and compete - even assuming we got promoted?

SISU don't need us to compete to get their money back and some profit on top they just need us promoted.

Nick

Administrator
Refusal to go to games - there are a small minority who refuse to go out of principle whilst SISU are the owners, there are more who use it as an excuse, northampton broke the habit for some but the non-attendees aren't going because the football has been poor, they've also lost interest have no faith in the owners lost the stadium to WASPS and pretend they are building another one, and then publically announce there is limited investment for the playing squad. There was an increase in the crowds during the first half of the season but I expected the crowds to have been bigger.

IMO its a lot easier to lose fans rather than win them back and the get behind the team mantra like at Blackpool won't work whilst we have owners who have a limited strategy for delivering sucess.

Surely limited investment for the playing squad is to be expected though? We still had a competitive squad that should have done better.

Again, it comes down to expectations.

The stadium crap I doubt would prevent people from going, I can understand sixfields and people getting out of the habit.

Irish Sky Blue

However entertaining it is to take the piss out of less fortunate neighbours a local rivalry shouldn't be the motivation to run CCFC well, that should be the aim of the owners.

So far I've been very disappointed by their performance, I have marked them as D-.

Too high

shy_tall_knight

SISU's continuing to talk about building a new stadium was treating the fan's as fools, but most saw through it but it gave the preception that they have no real ambition or plans and that surely has an impact on ST sales etc.. if you don't trust the owners.

dongonzalos

Surely limited investment for the playing squad is to be expected though? We still had a competitive squad that should have done better.

Again, it comes down to expectations.

The stadium crap I doubt would prevent people from going, I can understand sixfields and people getting out of the habit.

If we finish 8th the squad will have done as expected
9th it will have under achieved by 1 place.
I assume you expect an over achievement?
TM might over achieve next season with even more of his own chosen players in the squad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread