So , what are our owners going to do now ............... (2 Viewers)

Grendel

If we finish 8th the squad will have done as expected
9th it will have under achieved by 1 place.
I assume you expect an over achievement?
TM might over achieve next season with even more of his own chosen players in the squad

So you actually now have evidence our actual spend was 8th over the entire season out of the 24 teams.

You forgot the link - do you have it?

skybluegod

I saw a recent poll on their forum putting us second behind forest as their main rivals. Obviously this isn't every Leicester fan voting but a good sample.

I live in Leicester and the city is absolutely buzzing today. Constant car horns etc.... I'm so so jealous / envious, but also you have to admire it.

It ultimately compounds how down I feel about our club. It will never happen to us with owners like ours. They just don't seem to care about the club and its fans. A complete contrast to the foxes.

Personally I believe clubs only have one rivalry. Thes are games like Sunderland vs Newcastle, Spurs vs Arsenal, Everton vs Liverpool, Derby vs forest. Etc

obviously there is the odd exception such as Liverpool vs Man U, but that's not just due to location, but also the level of success etc of the two clubs.

I think once teams start saying 'these are our 3/4 main derbys' they lose their feel. Just my opinion though.

SkyblueBazza

There not even our rivals
Everyone is our rival.

This attitude leads to a superiority complex...which is how we got caught out by clubs like Stoke, Wigan & Bolton - we were generally convinced back in the early naughties we were relegated with a goodish team & only needed to turn up every Saturday to get promoted back. It is also how Leicester (& Spurs) have managed to trump the similar prevailing attitude at MU, MC, Chelsea, Arsenal & to an extent Liverpool.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

I doubt they will do much of real substance to get us back to the Championship.
They will do what they were going to do anyhow...assess the finances & see what they can cull to recoup money spent.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

dongonzalos

So you actually now have evidence our actual spend was 8th over the entire season out of the 24 teams.

You forgot the link - do you have it?

Same link I have put up numerous times to the extent that people ripped me for referring to it. Steve Waggot said the spend on player budget was 8th-6th.

What is your link to show that it is higher than that and Steve Waggot was wrong?

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Fuck off Bob. Shall I mention official merchandise again?!

Fucking hypocrite...

Fuck off PeeWoman - do you recall CCFC trying to sell LCFC shirts as CCFC shirts ? but , hey , you and the other mugs carry on giving SISU your money . Fucking Gobshites.

Bob Latchford

You've always got a way of deflecting blame away from SISU, they are not solely to blame but listen to you and its the fans, the council, past owners etc etc. Just admit it, whilst these cretins are in charge the club will find itself hamstrung every season and only a very astute manager who worked a miracle could succeed and even if we found one the scumbags would probably sell the best part of his team in January !

Absolutely spot on !

Nick

Administrator
Fuck off PeeWoman - do you recall CCFC trying to sell LCFC shirts as CCFC shirts ? but , hey , you and the other mugs carry on giving SISU your money . Fucking Gobshites.
So people are mugs for giving the club money, but you will moan about investment? Makes sense.

Then you wonder why people question your logic.

Bob Latchford

So people are mugs for giving the club money, but you will moan about investment? Makes sense.

Then you wonder why people question your logic.

Many question yours . yes man.

Nick

Administrator
Many question yours . yes man.
Really? Who do I say yes to? Any logic or evidence behind it? Or is that just the typical frothy stuff with no fact behind it? The most dangerous sort.

Your logic isn't really thought through is it? Just makes you look a bit rabid.

You demand investment but call people mugs who give the club money.

At least back things up like Tony, dongo and others do.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Really? Who do I say yes to? Any logic or evidence behind it? Or is that just the typical frothy stuff with no fact behind it? The most dangerous sort.

Your logic isn't really thought through is it? Just makes you look a bit rabid.

You demand investment but call people mugs who give the club money.

At least back things up like Tony, dongo and others do.

No need for me to bandy words with the likes of you ! it's plain for all to see you're a yes man. you carry on arguing with your posters.

Nick

Administrator
No need for me to bandy words with the likes of you ! it's plain for all to see you're a yes man. you carry on arguing with your posters.
So there's no need for you to back your shit up?

Ok then! I think its quite clear you can't.

So come on, get some evidence posted up to back it up?

If you want to try and throw shite at "the likes of me" then back it up. I'd suggest you do try though for the laugh.

Buster

Anyone think it's getting boring! Most threads start with a comment or question and it invariably tuns into the usual SISU vs CCC shite .

Skyblueweeman

PeeWoman...are you drunk?

You'd be the first to complain about lack of investment yet go all 'knock off Nigel' instead of putting money into the club.

Where's the logic in that?

Glass houses, throwing stones etc etc etc...

stupot07

Same link I have put up numerous times to the extent that people ripped me for referring to it. Steve Waggot said the spend on player budget was 8th-6th.

What is your link to show that it is higher than that and Steve Waggot was wrong?
But you always use 8th, it could quite easily be 6th, or even higher now, given the the amount of players we signed from December onwards.

So finishing 9th could be 3+ places worse than the budget, but no keep saying 6-8th then using 8th.

Can't be arsed to get into another debate about it. Given the squad we had and being top by 3 points after 18 games, this season has been a failure despite it being better than last season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
PeeWoman...are you drunk?

You'd be the first to complain about lack of investment yet go all 'knock off Nigel' instead of putting money into the club.

Where's the logic in that?

Glass houses, throwing stones etc etc etc...
Obviously only mugs put money into the club!

dongonzalos

But you always use 8th, it could quite easily be 6th, or even higher now, given the the amount of players we signed from December onwards.

So finishing 9th could be 3+ places worse than the budget, but no keep saying 6-8th then using 8th.

Can't be arsed to get into another debate about it. Given the squad we had and being top by 3 points after 18 games, this season has been a failure despite it being better than last season.

Yes fair comment, you are right it could be 6th.
Quite a few times I typed out the whole if we finish 9th it's only one place behind 8th and only a few points off 6th. To be honest I got bored typing it all out. (Not an agenda to make out it is 8th over 6th)
6th seems more likely to me.

However I do genuinely doesn't matter massively if it's 8th, 7th or 6th because the points are really close. He has underachieved compared to his budget. However I think he deserves another full season as a chunk of his budget was already spent on players wages that are not for him.

Sky Blue Kid

Refusal to go to games - there are a small minority who refuse to go out of principle whilst SISU are the owners, there are more who use it as an excuse, northampton broke the habit for some but the non-attendees aren't going because the football has been poor, they've also lost interest have no faith in the owners lost the stadium to WASPS and pretend they are building another one, and then publically announce there is limited investment for the playing squad. There was an increase in the crowds during the first half of the season but I expected the crowds to have been bigger.

IMO its a lot easier to lose fans rather than win them back and the get behind the team mantra like at Blackpool won't work whilst we have owners who have a limited strategy for delivering sucess.

You can count me in the first list, although I think you might be a long way off your claim of being the minority. ;)
PS. doesn't the second highlighted words count amongst the first list as well ;)

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

Since SISU took over:

We have been relegated.

Fought of relegation to L2.

Moved to Northampton.

Dragged the clubs name through the mud by going to court every 5mins.

Bullshitted about a new ground.

Reduced the gates, from around 20k, to around 10/11k.

I think just by the points above shows they have no plan and dont have a first clue on how to run a football club. I see no progress in the near 10 years they have been here. If anything they have taken the club backwards.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not embarrassed by Leicester winning the Premiership at all. Well done to them ....... but look how much has been spent to achieve it. We simply do not have access to that sort of owner funding, so I can understand our fans being envious or jealous but I do not see how SISU not having those levels of funding to commit embarrasses CCFC.

We have no god given (or otherwise) right to be Championship let alone Premiership and certainly lack major funding to push through the divisions (although it can be done without but it is most often not maintained).

What will our owners do ? They will continue to strictly control costs (crucially the wages), provide no more major funding, allow the club to live within its means (basically the money the fans provide) and let the club find its own level. At the moment the best I see is pushing the top 6 places as its level. Oh and the owners will concentrate on their legal agenda to get a return on their investment

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

Curse touch screen phones. Secondly, do you think their investment to date can be recouped through legal action if successful?

stupot07

Since SISU took over:

We have been relegated.

Fought of relegation to L2.

Moved to Northampton.

Dragged the clubs name through the mud by going to court every 5mins.

Bullshitted about a new ground.

Reduced the gates, from around 20k, to around 10/11k.

I think just by the points above shows they have no plan and dont have a first clue on how to run a football club. I see no progress in the near 10 years they have been here. If anything they have taken the club backwards.

I don't think all of that can be attributed to sisu. Northampton, court cases and stadium I agree with.

The only way we have moved forwards is thag we have addressed the unaffordablewage bill and we're now self sufficient, and the academy continues to flourish.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

I don't think all of that can be attributed to sisu. Northampton, court cases and stadium I agree with.

The only way we have moved forwards is thag we have addressed the unaffordable and we're now self sufficient, and the academy continues to flourish.

Indeed beware of the backlash mate.... You already agree to 3 things being attributed to SISU, surely Selling, or letting walk, our best players and not replacing them with players of a similar standard or better are down to SISU? Hence being relegated! Forcing Administration on the Club hence -10 points counts towards "Fighting off relegation to the 4th Division." and finally by doing/lack of doing all of the aforementioned forced gates around the 20-22k average gate down to the 10-11k gate.

Ashdown

Not embarrassed by Leicester winning the Premiership at all. Well done to them ....... but look how much has been spent to achieve it. We simply do not have access to that sort of owner funding, so I can understand our fans being envious or jealous but I do not see how SISU not having those levels of funding to commit embarrasses CCFC.

We have no god given (or otherwise) right to be Championship let alone Premiership and certainly lack major funding to push through the divisions (although it can be done without but it is most often not maintained).

What will our owners do ? They will continue to strictly control costs (crucially the wages), provide no more major funding, allow the club to live within its means (basically the money the fans provide) and let the club find its own level. At the moment the best I see is pushing the top 6 places as its level. Oh and the owners will concentrate on their legal agenda to get a return on their investment

And on that basis , lets all have a party ! FFS , how depressing !

fernandopartridge

And on that basis , lets all have a party ! FFS , how depressing !

Yes, the depressing thought is that it's really down to the fans to attend matches to fund the return to the championship. As we know with City, that just won't happen. The fans have got a myriad excuses for not going so the vicious cycle will continue. OSB's comment about the club finding its level is spot on, with gates of around 12k it has found its level.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, the depressing thought is that it's really down to the fans to attend matches to fund the return to the championship. As we know with City, that just won't happen. The fans have got a myriad excuses for not going so the vicious cycle will continue. OSB's comment about the club finding its level is spot on, with gates of around 12k it has found its level.

What came first? the chicken or the egg?.... Do you offer a "Mini," and expect to get "Rolls Royce" money? Do you offer "Braised beef" and want "Sirloin Steak" money? Do you offer "Cubic Zirconium" and expect "Diamond" money? Wether you're a Car trader, Butcher, or a jeweller. You have a product first, then sell it... you don't ask for money before you have a product to sell!

Users who are viewing this thread