So , what are our owners going to do now ............... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I'd say anyone who works for the club would have a general better idea than the fans/outsiders.

Obviously, the club shop staff etc would have less knowledge than the manager, but the only ones who know what really goes on would be the board. Naturally.

Like Steve Waggot you mean. Who was on the board when he said our player budget was 8th-6th in the league
Yet you know better than him.....

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

I've just had a look. Man City do indeed have some season tickets for £299. That's if you want to sit in rows X to SS in the third tier behind the goal!

The cheapest on the 100 level, the equivalent to the Ricoh, is £500 in the family stand behind the goal.

And? It's Premier football not Division 3 football!
Supporters put up with s**t seats at away games(being stuck behind pillars, being stuck in a corner and have to twist and contort in rediculous positions to see half of the pitch etc.)

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

@ chiefdave.... I suggest you go to the "Nou Camp" where you need a Telescope, never mind binoculars, yet home fans fill the stadium (Just under 100k) once a fortnight. So don't try to "play the s**t view card on me mate" ;)

Bob Latchford

Sooooooooooooooooooo , our owners , what are they going to do to improve our chances of competing as a club ?

ajsccfc

If the academy is producing players that make the club money, that shows how vital it is. Shitty from a footballing perspective, but we're at the shitty end of the football league.

Sky Blue Kid

If the academy is producing players that make the club money, that shows how vital it is. Shitty from a footballing perspective, but we're at the shitty end of the football league.

Agree with your post mate but..... Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?

ajsccfc

Ideally, but as we're relative paupers a youth system will always be mainly a conveyor belt for other sides with cash in their pockets. I love the idea of us having an academy that produces players that succeed with us, but I can't see it for a good while yet.

Grendel

YES you cretin

So when an insider said the council was primarily to blame for the demise of the club due to it's totally unsupportive attitude you accept that?

Sky Blue Kid

Ideally, but as we're relative paupers a youth system will always be mainly a conveyor belt for other sides with cash in their pockets. I love the idea of us having an academy that produces players that succeed with us, but I can't see it for a good while yet.

Absolutely bang on mate.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sooooooooooooooooooo , our owners , what are they going to do to improve our chances of competing as a club ?

What do you think they should do that doesn't jeopardise the more stable financial platform that is being established at the moment?

Ashdown

What do you think they should do that doesn't jeopardise the more stable financial platform that is being established at the moment?[/QUOTE

I'm sure there are legitimate ways they can gift a chunk of the other 40% of revenue to team efforts ??

Brylowes

I've just had a look. Man City do indeed have some season tickets for £299. That's if you want to sit in rows X to SS in the third tier behind the goal!

The cheapest on the 100 level, the equivalent to the Ricoh, is £500 in the family stand behind the goal.
But I don't want to sit in INXS.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What do you think they should do that doesn't jeopardise the more stable financial platform that is being established at the moment?[/QUOTE

I'm sure there are legitimate ways they can gift a chunk of the other 40% of revenue to team efforts ??

That wouldn't be a gift that would be a reallocation of the same overall business budget by the club not additional funds from the owners . In any case the FL defines what income can or cant be used in the SCMP calculation - gifts are outside the terms of the calculation

chiefdave

And? It's Premier football not Division 3 football!
Supporters put up with s**t seats at away games(being stuck behind pillars, being stuck in a corner and have to twist and contort in rediculous positions to see half of the pitch etc.)

It is indeed PL football, that's why its more expensive when you compare the same standard of seating.

If people aren't bothered about 'being stuck in a corner' then they won't mind buying the cheaper season tickets in the standard zone.

Simple fact is that only 2 clubs in this division have cheaper season tickets than us.

Ashdown

It is indeed PL football, that's why its more expensive when you compare the same standard of seating.

If people aren't bothered about 'being stuck in a corner' then they won't mind buying the cheaper season tickets in the standard zone.

Simple fact is that only 2 clubs in this division have cheaper season tickets than us.

Then they are all getting too expensive for the average working man, especially one who may want to bring kids?

chiefdave

Then they are all getting too expensive for the average working man, especially one who may want to bring kids?

A fair point but thats a different argument really. Given our reliance on ticket revenues is proportionally higher than every other club we aren't really in the position to be leading the way on ticket prices.

Bob Latchford

Continue to invest in the academy hopefully

Ah yes , the academy or Ebay as it's now known . the academy may keep us ticking over but , won't get CCFC competing to where we want to be .

Nick

Administrator
So you're saying kids pay more to watch 3rd division football than an adult pays to watch Premier football?

Which PL teams have a £25 season ticket for adults?

Well, free with a JSB membership. So other than season ticket you get plenty of other benefits.

Sky Blue Kid

Kids are £25 aren't they up to 13 and then cheap thereafter?

Errrrmmmmm. You along with a few others on here ripped me to shreds when I said about us playing Crewe in the JPT again. When you all knew I didn't mean playing them in the semi's again, just playing them again! Now let me see... erm, no, erm no again. You Definately said f**k all about the kids ticket price being for a SEASON TICKET. "Drops the Mic" "BOOM"

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Ah yes , the academy or Ebay as it's now known . the academy may keep us ticking over but , won't get CCFC competing to where we want to be .

eBay? Academies are the life blood of every L1/L2 club. Unless you have a rich and stupid owner, that's how many clubs survive nowadays.

Sky Blue Kid

eBay? Academies are the life blood of every L1/L2 club. Unless you have a rich and stupid owner, that's how many clubs survive nowadays.

Think what Bob is getting at is, We don't even give the "Kids" a chance to mature in the first team squad before our arsehole owners sell 'em for peanuts, as opposed to getting possibly 10 times more by keeping hold for a while longer ;)

Nick

Administrator
Errrrmmmmm. You along with a few others on here ripped me to shreds when I said about us playing Crewe in the JPT again. When you all knew I didn't mean playing them in the semi's again, just playing them again! Now let me see... erm, no, erm no again. You Definately said f**k all about the kids ticket price being for a SEASON TICKET. "Drops the Mic" "BOOM"

Ashdown was replying to Dave who was talking about season tickets. Drops the Mic, Boom? Got to be embarrassing.

If you are kicking off about pricing, at least have a bit of a clue what the pricing actually is.

Nick

Administrator
Think what Bob is getting at is, We don't even give the "Kids" a chance to mature in the first team squad before our arsehole owners sell 'em for peanuts, as opposed to getting possibly 10 times more by keeping hold for a while longer ;)

2 out of how many?

We have willis who has plenty of appearances, Phillips.

We are in League 1, it is what most clubs do and how they are run.

Sky Blue Kid

Kids are £25 aren't they up to 13
and then cheap thereafter?

Don't try f**king squirming your way out of this Nick. No mention whatsoever about the price being for a Season Ticket. I see you conveniently omitted to say anything about the "Crewe" debacle. You and a few others on here deserve each other absolute shithouses :jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread