So who are the back room staff and their duties at CCFC? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I'd like to know. I'd like to know what training schedules they do, who takes those training schedules, what they work on each day and whether they discuss who takes penalties for example.
Oggy is goalkeeping coach obviously, yet what does he do in that role? So far we have nothing much to show for his efforts do we?
What's the players schedule each week? Do they start at Ryton for 9am? Do they have six a sides, 11 a sides, spend 2 hours a day in the video room etc etc.
I want to know who does what. If we are going to call for the managers head we need to know what else is happening behind the scenes and apportion blame where it belongs. Anyone know?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No idea at all. Is the public allowed to watch training at Ryton , even from a distance ?

nicksig

There's someone called Dave who sweeps up and Betty who cuts the halftime oranges into quarters

Gazolba

Oggy is goalkeeping coach obviously, yet what does he do in that role? So far we have nothing much to show for his efforts do we?

What you don't know is how bad they might be without his coaching.

chiefdave

There's 8 in SPs management team looking at this years team photo. There's Pressley (manager), McFarlane (assistant manager), Oggy (goalkeeping coach), I think the physio's name is Dave something, think they have a fitness guy and someone that does all the science and analytics. If that's right there's two others, no idea what the U21 and U18 manager looks like so he could be one of them.

Edit: the team photo is here if anyone wants to take a look:
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/wallpaper-1415-team-photo-coventry-city-131014-2014368.aspx

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When S.P. gave that rant on TV after the Worcester game I learned a lot about what they do. I didn't know what GPS was and had to ask a child.
It's almost entirely anonymous now -it wouldn't be a bad thing to invite supporters from time to time to watch a training session...but they are all far too important and professional for that. Perish the thought.

On occasion I would run onto the pitch at Ryton at the end of a training session and have a kick about with the likes of Graham Oakey and Tommy Hutch. It gave me a sense of belonging to the club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

There's 8 in SPs management team looking at this years team photo. There's Pressley (manager), McFarlane (assistant manager), Oggy (goalkeeping coach), I think the physio's name is Dave something, think they have a fitness guy and someone that does all the science and analytics. If that's right there's two others, no idea what the U21 and U18 manager looks like so he could be one of them.

Edit: the team photo is here if anyone wants to take a look:
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/wallpaper-1415-team-photo-coventry-city-131014-2014368.aspx

I think bottom row, furthest to the right is Darren Murray who is U21 manager, Jason Farndon is the U18 manager and I can't see him in that photo.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd like to know. I'd like to know what training schedules they do, who takes those training schedules, what they work on each day and whether they discuss who takes penalties for example.
What's the players schedule each week? Do they start at Ryton for 9am? Do they have six a sides, 11 a sides, spend 2 hours a day in the video room etc etc.
I want to know who does what. If we are going to call for the managers head we need to know what else is happening behind the scenes and apportion blame where it belongs. Anyone know?

All blame sits with the manager as they all report to him, I said a few weeks ago the backroom may need a shake up maybe sacking the assistant may be a good start.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

theres some lad called pete that puts out the cones. (and to be fair his doing a bang up job the cones are beating the first team 80% of the time in training)

Users who are viewing this thread