So who's around next season... (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Contract expires 2018

Reid
Beavon
Willis
K Thomas
RCC
Addai

Contract expires 2019

Turnbull

Contract expires 2020

Stevenson
Harries
Jones

I fully expect Stevenson, Harries and probably willis to be snapped up in the summer

That could potentially leave:

Addai
RCC
Turnbull
Reid
Beavon
K Thomas
Jones

Then whoever he decides to keep.

Its another full rebuilding job, depending on who he decides to keep (I imagine G Thomas and DKE will be offered contracts for example)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I don't see it as that much of a bad thing, he can come in and watch a few games and see who he wants and who he doesn't.

If their contract is up he can try and offer them a new one, if they are under contract he can tout them about a bit to sell them on.

It's better than if we were full of people on 4 year deals like when we had David Bell!

clint van damme

Be interesting to see what happens with Stevenson.
Really thought he'd go in January and still can't figure out why he didn't. Be a good asset if we could keep him.

Otis

I don't see it as that much of a bad thing, he can come in and watch a few games and see who he wants and who he doesn't.

If their contract is up he can try and offer them a new one, if they are under contract he can tout them about a bit to sell them on.

It's better than if we were full of people on 4 year deals like when we had David Bell!
He's the only player I can remember who made a 4 year contract feel like a 14 year one.

What a waste of space he was. You could almost set a clock by him and it would be be one good game from him for every four or five matches.

Nick

Administrator
He's the only player I can remember who made a 4 year contract feel like a 14 year one.

What a waste of space he was. You could almost set a clock by him and it would be be one good game from him for every four or five matches.

If he was on the rumoured 7-8K a week then we made him a Millionaire...

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Normally I'd say we'd need to strike a balance between clearing the deadwood and keeping the nucleus, though this season's been such a shitshow I'd get rid of the lot. Clear the decks and start over, this time signing the right calibre of players for League 2 instead of wasting time on shit loans and journeymen.

Bet some inevitably up their game now they know Robins is here next year, all playing for new contracts. Be really annoyed if the likes of Lameiras and Gadzhev pull the wool over Robins eyes and get another year.

shmmeee

Keep:
  • RCC - I still think under the right older keeper he could prove himself.
  • K Thomas - Think we've not seen the best of him. He's only 21.
  • Beavon - Unless we get a decent offer, I like Beavon and think he'd stand out in L2 with a more attacking team.
  • Turnbull - Should be good enough for L2 alongside a more experienced CB. Only 22.
  • Jones - As above, but two years younger.
Contract Offers:
  • Stokes - I reckon he'd find a club above us though.
  • G Thomas - Like what I see, could be a real breakthrough season for him next year at a lower level.
  • DiKE - Still learning, would keep as back up.
  • Bigi - Think he's good enough if he can do it regularly, though might feel he can get better elsewhere.
  • DeKE - Worth keeping on for another season.
  • Haynes - Still think he's useful to have around, give him another year if he's willing.
Sell (or keep if they're willing):
  • Harries (£500k)
  • Stevenson (£1.5m)
  • Willis (£500k)
Sell /Release (regardless):
  • Reid
  • Addai
  • Anyone else
Sign:
  • Experienced GK
  • RB, LB
  • 25-28 year old, big ugly CB
  • As above, but less ugly.
  • 25-28 year old DM x 2
  • AM/Winger x 2
  • 25-28 year old Striker
  • Any decent loans we can get.
  • Replacements for any of those we lose above the sell list.
Squad:
  • GK/RCC
  • RB/DiKE
  • LB/Haynes
  • Turnball/Stokes/CB/CB
  • Bigi/DM/DM
  • Jones/G Thomas/AM/AM/DeKE
  • ST/K Thomas/Beavon/Ponticelli

Last edited:

Gazolba

If we could get McBean back, I bet he'd do a job in L2.

Gint11

Release Tudgay, promote Ponch, make signings, score goals and don't concede any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I wonder if Kyle Spence will get a look in?

He looked very raw when he played, but was quick and very tricky.

Think his contract is up in the summer. Wonder if we will offer him another one?

standupforcity

And yet he linked up well with Keogh and scored a blinder at Wimbledon...but that was about it!

standupforcity

Keep:
  • RCC - I still think under the right older keeper he could prove himself.
  • K Thomas - Think we've not seen the best of him. He's only 21.
  • Beavon - Unless we get a decent offer, I like Beavon and think he'd stand out in L2 with a more attacking team.
  • Turnbull - Should be good enough for L2 alongside a more experienced CB. Only 22.
  • Jones - As above, but two years younger.
Contract Offers:
  • Stokes - I reckon he'd find a club above us though.
  • G Thomas - Like what I see, could be a real breakthrough season for him next year at a lower level.
  • DiKE - Still learning, would keep as back up.
  • Bigi - Think he's good enough if he can do it regularly, though might feel he can get better elsewhere.
  • DeKE - Worth keeping on for another season.
  • Haynes - Still think he's useful to have around, give him another year if he's willing.
Sell (or keep if they're willing):
  • Harries (£500k)
  • Stevenson (£1.5m)
  • Willis (£500k)
Sell /Release (regardless):
  • Reid
  • Addai
  • Anyone else
Sign:
  • Experienced GK
  • RB, LB
  • 25-28 year old, big ugly CB
  • As above, but less ugly.
  • 25-28 year old DM x 2
  • AM/Winger x 2
  • 25-28 year old Striker
  • Any decent loans we can get.
  • Replacements for any of those we lose above the sell list.
Squad:
  • GK/RCC
  • RB/DiKE
  • LB/Haynes
  • Turnball/Stokes/CB/CB
  • Bigi/DM/DM
  • Jones/G Thomas/AM/AM/DeKE
  • ST/K Thomas/Beavon/Ponticelli
And where does Lameiras fit in there?

covcity4life

if sisu wanna show robins they are serious about coming back up they i would hope they would try keep harries,stevenson and willis

i would keep reid personally, i think if he plays in a 4-5-1 for 3 or 4 games in a row we will see a better player

better days

Possibly...but on the other hand he just might mesmerize them.....would hate to see him move to another club and be given the free role he deserves to truly appreciate his skills.

His contract expires at the end of this season. Unless things change in a big way for him under Mark Robins Ruben will move on

shelby76

I wonder if Kyle Spence will get a look in?

He looked very raw when he played, but was quick and very tricky.

Think his contract is up in the summer. Wonder if we will offer him another one?
Very tricky fast and raw, young whatever you want to call it looks better than reid to be honest.

Manchester_sky_blue

I hope Kwame stays with us in league 2, ditto George Thomas. Could make a very handy strikeforce in that division.

Stokes would be monumental in League 2 but i don't think he will be short of offers at a higher level.

Proper experienced keeper is the main priority for me over the summer.

Last edited:

covcity4life

need to go back and watch highlights of the robins era. remember exactly how we played. didnt we have 2 dms? baily and jennings. or did he play them 1 at a time?

covcity4life

just went through all his results. we tonked some teams didnt we?!

he got alot out of baker and mcsheffrey which gives me hope he can do same with lameries and g thomas.

Otis

just went through all his results. we tonked some teams didnt we?!

he got alot out of baker and mcsheffrey which gives me hope he can do same with lameries and g thomas.
About time Lameiras showed some consistency. Gets crowded out and sidelined too often for my liking.

rupert_bear

Will be interesting I imagine Robins will want to keep the likes of Stevenson, Harries and Willis or have a lot of the money raised from any sale of them. Regarding the young keeper Addai I know is highly rated and I wouldn't bee too surprised if he gets a game or two.

steve82

need to go back and watch highlights of the robins era. remember exactly how we played. didnt we have 2 dms? baily and jennings. or did he play them 1 at a time?

I think he played 2 at times and often just 1 up front.

This was a typical Robins team from that era... obviously different times and different players now but you could create a side from what we have in a 4231 with Beavon as the lone man.
b9056b0c8cf695d5cd7716739b6e8480.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

If I remember correctly Jennings was the destroyer and Bailey was the energetic playmaker in the two holding. Can see Stevenson playing Bailey's role but not sure we have a Jennings type?

steve82

If I remember correctly Jennings was the destroyer and Bailey was the energetic playmaker in the two holding. Can see Stevenson playing Bailey's role but not sure we have a Jennings type?

Yes I see it that way too.
If I was selecting a team this week for a 4231 I'd say from what we have you could go this..

-------------RCC/Burge---------------
-DKE--Clarke--Turnbull/Willis--Haynes--
--------Bigirimana---Reilly---------
-GThomas-Vernam/Lameries-K Thomas-
----------------Beavon -----------------

chinamans view

Look you want a team for promotion, don't keep these players and Willes, Stevenson will be sold, Lets start again and build a team from back to front. You all keep on about players you want to keep = none not interested in keeping any losers.

covcity4life

Look you want a team for promotion, don't keep these players and Willes, Stevenson will be sold, Lets start again and build a team from back to front. You all keep on about players you want to keep = none not interested in keeping any losers.

picking 6 or 7 players that could be part of successfull team is not a bad thing. still 13 odd places to fill around them with new blood!

steve82

picking 6 or 7 players that could be part of successfull team is not a bad thing. still 13 odd places to fill around them with new blood!

For me there is very few in the current 1st team I'd want here in the starting 11 next season in league two, of our current 1st team I'd only have Stuart Beavon as a starter.
Willis will likely leave and Turnbull I'd sell on to recycle into making a better squad. Harries and Stevenson will be sold on to balance the books and they will be happy to move on as it's not ideal for there future careers.
I'd offer new "League two contracts" to George Thomas, Ryan Haynes, and DKE to be used as squad players to develop them better.
Lawton I'd bring back into the training and u23's till the summer to prove himself and stokes I think is too big a risk with his injury to offer a sensible contract to, only with the risk of its appearance based.
Bigi maybe if he's take a league two contract also, Lameries is not a league two player so he can leave with Lee Burge and Gadzhev
If any of George Thomas, Ryan Haynes and DKE leave after being offered deals then we'd receive compensation for them leaving.
Perfect time to rebuild and clear the "weak mentality" out, and hope to build a winning breed.

covcity4life

we had mcgoldrick when robins here last and leon clarke. i think k thomas might get the start ahead of beavon. maybe has more goals in him

perhaps beaven could play a mcsheffrey type role alongside g thomas

Users who are viewing this thread