So who's around next season... (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

What players did Robins bring in last time, and were they signed quickly in the summer or during the start of the season?

Grendel

What players did Robins bring in last time, and were they signed quickly in the summer or during the start of the season?

He never was a manager here when we had a transfer window.

steve82

we had mcgoldrick when robins here last and leon clarke. i think k thomas might get the start ahead of beavon. maybe has more goals in him

perhaps beaven could play a mcsheffrey type role alongside g thomas

I'd like to see Beavon as a number 10 TBH.

Beavon has played the loan striker most his career at Burton I think.
Kwame Thomas would be wasted as a lone man, you need his pace and ball carrying ability slightly deeper... in this current side anyway.

steve82

He never was a manager here when we had a transfer window.

Yeah he was here till February I think so had the January window and the loan window prior to the loan window too.
He signed Leon Clarke in the January window

steve82

He had a winter transfer window I've just seen, but don't matter I've googled it ;)

These were his signings whilst here:

View attachment 6747

Was a few loans too...
Mark Robins signings 2012/13
Connor Henderson (now at Crawley)
Jamie Reckord (now at Oldham)
Frank Moussa (now at Walsall)
James Bailey (now at Carlisle)
Leon Clarke (now at sheff Utd)
Blair Adams (now at Hamilton)
Danny Philliskirk (now at Blackpool)

Gazolba

(Lameiras) ... I'd release him, don't think he's cut out for L2.
He might not be good enough but then again he might be too good.

shmmeee

He might not be good enough but then again he might be too good.

Just think L2 players will eat him for breakfast. He's definitely got talent, but as the saying goes can he do it on a wet Wednesday at Grimsby.

stupot07

Yes I see it that way too.
If I was selecting a team this week for a 4231 I'd say from what we have you could go this..

-------------RCC/Burge---------------
-DKE--Clarke--Turnbull/Willis--Haynes--
--------Bigirimana---Reilly---------
-GThomas-Vernam/Lameries-K Thomas-
----------------Beavon -----------------

I look at that and I wonder where the goals are coming from. First time around he had mcgoldrick who scored 2 in 3, and baker who scored pretty much 1 in 2 for him, and scored a lot through creating their own chances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

I look at that and I wonder where the goals are coming from. First time around he had mcgoldrick who scored 2 in 3, and baker who scored pretty much 1 in 2 for him, and scored a lot through creating their own chances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's part of the story of the season, lack of goals and creativity.
Me personally for this week I'd stick with the 4141 as it's a little late in the season with little time between games for training to get to grips with a new system.
Where a world away from the 2012/13 side

Otis

Me personally for this week I'd stick with the 4141 as it's a little late in the season with little time between games for training to get to grips with a new system.

And we've been a world away from a League One side this season.

Nick

Administrator
Just think L2 players will eat him for breakfast. He's definitely got talent, but as the saying goes can he do it on a wet Wednesday at Grimsby.

His best game was when he got assaulted in Sheffield to be fair. His other was against Millwall.

Just depends if he shows up.

covcity4life

No way

Change everything right away

steve82

No way

Change everything right away

To use Leicester as a example, Ranieri tried to switch Leicester from 4411/442 system to 4231 and various other systems and the players told him to ditch it as they could not get to grips with it in a few training sessions. Ranieri said it would need to be worked on in the summer to understand each individuals roles off the ball.
I'm sure we will see Saturday and then Tuesday night.

covcity4life

The team I would play for rest of season in robins formation, I would also keep all of the below as well as K. Thomas, Potencelli, Spence, Haynes, Harries

View attachment 6753

i agree with this. i have said since day 1 that squad isnt so bad it should be rock bottom. this is venus and slades doing imo. we would have been ok had mwobray stayed but he fucked everything up by leaving. hopefully robins will get some joy now.

steve82

i agree with this. i have said since day 1 that squad isnt so bad it should be rock bottom. this is venus and slades doing imo. we would have been ok had mwobray stayed but he fucked everything up by leaving. hopefully robins will get some joy now.

Still stand by that comment?
Time to face it, this is a very bad side and we fit our position, poor from front to back without desire or ability. A sad night, new lows.

Otis

I would say this squad IS so bad we deserve to be rock bottom.

Consistent factor throughout the season. Soft goals let in at the back and not scoring anywhere near enough up front. Been happening all season long.

Recipe for disaster.

Poor keepers, error riddled defence, weak midfield, no goal threat up front.

Just 30 goals scored in 37 games.

You are never going to have any chance whatsoever if you score an average of less than a goal a game.

covcity4life

Still stand by that comment?
Time to face it, this is a very bad side and we fit our position, poor from front to back without desire or ability. A sad night, new lows.

Yes instill stand by it. Its a bad side. But nit one that shudbbe 17pts from safety

We were better than bradford fot 45mins. That shows team can compete.

Robins to blame yesterday as well as players.

Otis

Yes instill stand by it. Its a bad side. But nit one that shudbbe 17pts from safety

Thing is, though we more than competed against Bradford for 45 mins, that one overhead from Beavon apart we didn't look like scoring.

We simply haven't created anything like near enough chances this season.

covcity4life

Thing is, though we more than competed against Bradford for 45 mins, that one overhead from Beavon apart we didn't look like scoring.

We simply haven't created anything like near enough chances this season.

it was only robins first game, give him a chance to get things going. the fact a shit squad and a new manager were more than match for bradford for 45mins shows team shouldnt be 17pts away from safety.

i repeat i agree squad isnt good. i just so not agree it is soooooo bad its SEVENTEEN pts from safety.

Otis

it was only robins first game, give him a chance to get things going. the fact a shit squad and a new manager were more than match for bradford for 45mins shows team shouldnt be 17pts away from safety.

i repeat i agree squad isnt good. i just so not agree it is soooooo bad its SEVENTEEN pts from safety.
Unfortunately I can't tell that to anyone without laughing. Call it gallows humour, call it what you want, but I find the whole thing just laughable.

Looking very likely the gap may well increase too.

Can you imagine ending up say 23 or 24 points adrift?

CCFC_maddog

I think this team is pretty close to what we will see next season in Division 2, give or take a few players who may well be sold!
IMG_0599.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

So many things were wrong about last night for sure, that gap of 17 will only grow. We've no goals in us, zero creativity weak at the back and can barely pass to each other. Only ever gonna get worse. I've seen some shocking performances but that's the worst of the lot.
Zero effort and belief from anyone.
Not a great deal is worth saving for next years 1st team from all this.

covcity4life

Thing with that is Tudgay dropped deeper, so it meant their 2 centre halves just stood by Beavon and took the ball of his head every time. Easy.

oh yeh alot has to be down to tactics. tudgay never won a header,only way he could was to foul opposition,so all beaven could do was run around like a dog in a park,but today he never got close to the ball.

JuFoster

Experienced keeper is the most essential for L2 I think. - these guys love their set peices.

Lameiras hasn't been the same since Maddison left, he needs tricky players to link up with in the middle - useless deployed on the wings most of the time.

I'd keep Reid, he should stay and can do damage in L2, likewise I think it's the right level for Jones, Haynes and G Thomas to make an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread