So, who's next for the England manager's job now that Sam has gone? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I must admit, I really don't have a clue, but it needs to be someone that is regarded as absolutely "clean" and a good track record. Personally, I'm a Paddy and don't have too much interest, but I would love to see someone in the same ilk as an Eric Cantona or David Beckham. Someone who really cares about football. I know these two guys aren't managers but who else would you like to see?

Captain Dart

There are only 2 realistic choices, Harry Hill or Al Murray.
harry-10.jpg

clint van damme

I don't think they can appoint anyone other than Southgate as caretaker until the Telegraph has named the rest of the names in this scandal.

If they appoint someone only to find out they've been taking bungs this whole farce will get even more embarrassing for the FA.

CJ_covblaze

Imo he has to be English. The FA couldn't appoint a foreigner after what they've said about SGP anyway. Steve Bruce or Alan Pardew are the two names most seem to be suggesting. Those two are probably the best of a bad bunch. Eddie Howe is another possibility but I don't think he's quite ready. I agree with what CVD has said above though.

As an outside bet, a name I've heard that's being considered is Mark Sampson along with an experienced coach such as Steve Round or Paul Clement. The one I'd love to see is Nigel Clough. He'd only last a week but what a great week it'd be. He'd be brilliant (like his old man would've been if the FA had brains). Wouldn't stand for any shit from the old farts on the board and would tell it like it is.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not Pardew, if he was chocolate he'd eat himself

Give it till May and bring in Arsene Wenger

Gazolba

Get Capello back.

Users who are viewing this thread