So you need another ground ........ Rotherham did it (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Sure is.

In the city being the operative words.

And can we please get someone who has demonstrated a modicum of fucking competence to oversee it, because right now I wouldn't put Fisher in charge of moving my couch from one side of the lounge to the other, let alone the construction of a new football stadium. :whistle:

Of course, you're quite right. The burden of proof is on the club, and the burden of proof is higher then it usually would be (I want to see the JCBs on site before I believe it!) but, logically, as a club even if we rise with new owners, we shouldn't be welded to the Ricoh if we can't make it work.

Noggin

That's why it would be without prejudice to the other arguments. If they could do it for the last 3 games of the season, they could do it now for 3 seasons.

Wouldn't be stupid though would it. ACL say they don't need the club, but they want a club as a community asset. Well here's their chance to show it! If their final offer to the club is genuinely the lowest they can go financially to break even and the club still don't want it then fine, ACL should cut the club off and find a more appropriate tenant.

And why would the club be in the wrong if they couldn't physically afford the final deal on table? (as you say, the ifs= 'no' ). Isn't that just what happens with negotiation and they're within their rights to accept it or not, just as ACL are within their rights to refuse to negotiate further or not?

If neither side can make a deal work, then isn't it entirely right the club gets itself another stadium in the city?

I already answered it, if the club can't afford that deal then the club can't afford to move out either, the losses of being away for 3 years are massively greater than the losses of paying 400k for the 3 years while you rebuild. Not to mention when you do build a new stadium its extreamly likely that the losses from the mortgage will be greater than the rent would have been by a significant margin even after you take into account the food and beverage revenue. As the mortgage is going to be 1.5mill a year at best.

There is no sence in the current plan from the club, none, if they wanted to build a new stadium they should have accepted the 400k and then built a new stadium, I'm repeating myself but they would have had 100 times the support for this than they have now.

For ACL to do what you suggest they would have to be both incredibly altruistic and believe that sisu staying is best for the club and that would be stupid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course, you're quite right. The burden of proof is on the club, and the burden of proof is higher then it usually would be (I want to see the JCBs on site before I believe it!) but, logically, as a club even if we rise with new owners, we shouldn't be welded to the Ricoh if we can't make it work.

It's complicated by the club's finances being hindered by a relegation it inflicted on itself. However, if this is the only way forward then a revised short term deal at the Ricoh would have to be better than whatever groundshare is being mooted.

fernandopartridge

I was one of these 'lucky' people to receive the Tim Fisher call at the weekend & he did say Rotherham was the model they were basing a new stadium on. Start a smaller capacity extending as needed with areas including Multiple sites in Ansty, Baginton & Ryton, no information for exact sites though so not sure how workable any would be.

We certainly have a case as to move forward as a club we must have more of an income than we get but we know we'll get very little or no support from Coventry council.
Also if we are already £60-69m in debt how is this going to be financed unless SISU were prepared to pay for it themselves?

No sites in Coventry then. It's complete pie in the sky.

Noggin

Much as I hate to go all grendel here, other clubs have had better deals.

Also, other clubs have fallen from deals they can't fund, that were less than our deal offered.

(Making clear here, *note* this doesn't mean I can't accept ACL's offer is the best *they* can do from *their* perspective. Nor does it mean I approve of SISU's negotiating tactics, but it isn't entirely without basis to suggest the deal wouldn't be viable for the club)

But again I'm not saying the club can afford it, there is no deal the club can afford, fisher said he was able to agree a deal with acl if it meant the club wasn't losing money, if acl let them play there for free they would still be losing money, so there is no deal the club could agree, but weather the club feel they can afford it is irrelevant, its simply fact that it's the best option on the table and its massively a better option than their plans of ground sharing for 3 years. SISU's current plan is dumb, really really dumb, it's at least a million a year worse off than paying the 400k while they rebuild.

Godiva

just something to consider

TF in his interview this morning
"“We made the council fully aware of our intention to build a new stadium last December and it was reported in the media in January."

negotiations to agree the rent F&B's etc collapsed 29th January 2013. The point of those negotiations in that case were ? :thinking about:

the point of demanding renegotiations in February 2013 was ?

I seem to remember there was some talk about the club wanting a get-out or break possibility to the lease. It was probably around that time, so maybe the February negotiations was more an attempt to get the lease shortned to fit the timescale for building a new stadium? If that is the case it would make sense if ACL effectively ended all talks then.

kg82

You know, I know this whole new ground is ridiculous and the more sensible thing would be to get some of the Ricoh. However, a small part of me wonders what this new stadium would be like, whether the atmosphere would be better, would it be more like HR etc etc. Because, I have to say, I frickin hate the Ricoh. It's been nothing but trouble, we look ridiculous playing in it and I think I've felt a good atmosphere in it about twice in 8 years! Not saying it's a better idea, it's more intrigue (and it would obviously be as long as it was in Coventry).

Of course, I can't see it happening. I don't see how they think the council would accept such an idea! For me, the best thing that could happen is SISU just move aside (I know they won't). Everything that's gone on recently screams desperation and spite to me. Not business-like, not professional. And I'm so bored of all the crap.

Brighton Sky Blue

You know, I know this whole new ground is ridiculous and the more sensible thing would be to get some of the Ricoh. However, a small part of me wonders what this new stadium would be like, whether the atmosphere would be better, would it be more like HR etc etc. Because, I have to say, I frickin hate the Ricoh. It's been nothing but trouble, we look ridiculous playing in it and I think I've felt a good atmosphere in it about twice in 8 years! Not saying it's a better idea, it's more intrigue (and it would obviously be as long as it was in Coventry).

Of course, I can't see it happening. I don't see how they think the council would accept such an idea! For me, the best thing that could happen is SISU just move aside (I know they won't). Everything that's gone on recently screams desperation and spite to me. Not business-like, not professional. And I'm so bored of all the crap.

I think that's more to do with the on-pitch fare generally being too poor to get anything above poor crowds. We filled it to the rafters for a JPT game with Crewe-which shows that if there is a whiff of success about the club then the people will come.

Covcraig@bury

Just a thought I had . not sure if it would work and all party`s would be happy !!!

PH1V is a property developer and wants to buy the Ricoh and the land around it and construct a major retail park/mall.so he does and ACL/CCC collect the ground rent from this (revenue )

Knock down the Pink elephant that is the ricoh to make way for the retail park/mall.

CCC give planning permission to Sisu to build a new purpose built stadium nearer the city centre on waste undeveloped land ( the new Highfield Road ) which they retain 100% of turnover with guarantees that continuous investment into CCFC is meet.

Everyone Happy. !!!!--------------I think I could go with that as a last resort if Sisu don't go

Sub

one thing we have to remember is that Joy seppala does not like losing, she will bend the rules to suit her and she would not want her loss to win ratio to increase and make it look like she is weak in business, she will take the club down before admitting defeat:(:(:(

kg82

I think that's more to do with the on-pitch fare generally being too poor to get anything above poor crowds. We filled it to the rafters for a JPT game with Crewe-which shows that if there is a whiff of success about the club then the people will come.

No doubt, except I didn't think the atmosphere for that was good either (before Crewe scored). Old Trafford gets filled each week, not a great atmosphere there though. Like I said, it's more intrigue than anything else!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Just a thought I had . not sure if it would work and all party`s would be happy !!!

PH1V is a property developer and wants to buy the Ricoh and the land around it and construct a major retail park/mall.so he does and ACL/CCC collect the ground rent from this (revenue )

Knock down the Pink elephant that is the ricoh to make way for the retail park/mall.

CCC give planning permission to Sisu to build a new purpose built stadium nearer the city centre on waste undeveloped land ( the new Highfield Road ) which they retain 100% of turnover with guarantees that continuous investment into CCFC is meet.

Everyone Happy. !!!!--------------I think I could go with that as a last resort if Sisu don't go

So the club have over 100 million debt then in Division 3 or lower that helps us? How:facepalm:

kg82

Think you mean white elephant... Unless, of course, the Ricoh IS constantly drunk!

Brighton Sky Blue

No doubt, except I didn't think the atmosphere for that was good either (before Crewe scored). Old Trafford gets filled each week, not a great atmosphere there though. Like I said, it's more intrigue than anything else!

Fair enough, and I think Old Trafford's a good example-but I'd say it's more a reflection on how football as a whole is changing. Away crowds are generally the ones who do the most singing and home fans by and large would rather sit mumbling amongst themselves. Now, I know fuck all about this sport, so am probably wrong on this.

psgm1

Banned
Interesting post. WRT to you points OSB.....

- can the club/sisu convince the FL they have a case? Highly doubtful - there move away is self-imposed.

- will the football League allow it to maintain the integrity of the competition? (anyone know what the FL mean by that - is it just a phrase or does it have substance) - I presume they may well allow them to temporary ground share otherwise it would mean a reshuffle with either a reduced league 1 or multiple additional promotions due to short timeframe before start of fixtures

- have the club been forced out by the landlord? NO WAY Jose

- will the football league impose a time limit? DEFINITELY

- will the football league required a similar bond of £750k? or more? Probably higher - sisu brought all this on themselves

- can the club move back in to the city (anything more than 5 miles outside the city would seem to be a non starter for the FL) Doubt it unless the council reschedult the ricoh as a pure exhibition centre

- will the FL insist on being within the City boundaries? Absolutely - they can NEVER allow another MK Dons to happen again . It is in league rules

- would the club have the support of the Coventry Council in building the new stadium or even improving the access infra structure? Never in a million years

- is there a clear viable and achievable plan now? NOPE

- does the move put league membership at risk? Absolutely - sisu have gone for the nuclear option

- will it ever happen? NOPE

Covcraig@bury

So the club have over 100 million debt then in Division 3 or lower that helps us? How:facepalm:

I didn`t realise sisu only had ccfc has a one off investment ? there a hedge fund investment company with their hands in many pies.
If there in this for the long term then money from other sides of the company will be made available, that's presuming they have the funds.
So TF has stated they want to build a £30 million new stadium. they must be confident of having or raising the funds for this venture ??

SkyBlueHomer

I know what your saying but too many factors to take into consideration. Their are others in the Ricoh complex to be paid off to move & also sponsorship deals in place.
Dont think there is any spare waste land closer to the City Centre. The only other option would do the same as Arsenal & buy an entire Industrial Estate knock that down for the stadium but with our debt at approx £60-69m with costs for the stadium build we would surely have debts exceeding £150m.

Sky Blue Dal

Well said.

I suppose the club haven't really got a choice, since it was ACL who rejected the opportunity to renegotiate.

I'm just wondering ... what is your beef with ACL... Sounds like you are a disgruntled ex-employer.

You must be a fan that only holds negative ambitions for our club ... It seems like you would prefer SISU to build new measly 15000 capacity stadium for £30m than play in a top class complex like the Ricoh holding 32,000 max. That is really taking one massive step backward. What future top players (if we ever have any?) would be attracted by this new smaller stadium compared to the Ricoh.

Just stop banging on about ACL this and ACL that ... the club is in admin and both the owners and the administrator are insulting the intelligence of us fans ... A new small stadium is not going solve anything... in fact will send us back 20 years before we ever get a sniff of top flight football, even that may not happen due to loss off revenues when moving into a smaller complex. Also SISU will never invest in the playing squad ... just look at what happening now? why should it be any different when the stadium is built.

It is all anal talk from Tim Fisher.

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

I know what your saying but too many factors to take into consideration. Their are others in the Ricoh complex to be paid off to move & also sponsorship deals in place.
Dont think there is any spare waste land closer to the City Centre. The only other option would do the same as Arsenal & buy an entire Industrial Estate knock that down for the stadium but with our debt at approx £60-69m with costs for the stadium build we would surely have debts exceeding £150m.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sisu will wipe most of the debt off if they get the go ahead to buy back from the administrator depending where the GS is.
there quids in , win win for Sisu.

Delboycov

The thing is, we don't need another ground! We've got a perfectly good one already in the city of Coventry, probably the best outside the Premier League and the envy of many so why build a ground outside the city with a small capacity and even smaller ambitions and chances to achieve anything?! I'm quite shocked at all those rubbing their hands with excitement at the prospect of spending years away from the city in order to build a stadium, which won't even be in Coventry, that only a 3rd division club could be proud of. Yes we are one at the moment but I've personally got hopes of far bigger and better things in the future under the right stewardship. Would you trust SISU to build a new stadium? I wouldn't trust them to look after my daughter's pet rabbit! For all those that say "I'll be glad to see the back of the Ricoh", what makes you so sure you'll like any new one, whenever and wherever it's built? What we need are new owners that will buy into our existing, perfectly adequate stadium so we don't have to start again in 3,4,probably more years. All people are doing is feeding this untrustworthy, fantasist's ego by even considering his preposterous plans.

*Also if the big appetite for owning our own ground elsewhere is because we'll get all the revenue, then the question has to be asked...what feckin revenue? A hell of a lot less than what we're getting now no doubt, with even greater debt to our esteemed owners and no chance of getting revenue from things like Muse and other concerts and events in the future. That's something that a new owner with money and an actual plan could have us having at the Ricoh. What additional revenue streams would be available at a tin pot stadium, most likely somewhere in South Warwickshire? *

Last edited:

italiahorse

did they bollocks ACL offered a deal, negotiated and lowered the price an awful lot and SISU said no ! so whos fault is that ? SISU's

Didn't SISU initially say yes, shake hands and then later say no ?
No wonder ACL got annoyed with negotiations.
Negotiations will start again eventually and both will agree the middle ground.
Just got to wait for the bravado to finish.

kg82

Fair enough, and I think Old Trafford's a good example-but I'd say it's more a reflection on how football as a whole is changing. Away crowds are generally the ones who do the most singing and home fans by and large would rather sit mumbling amongst themselves. Now, I know fuck all about this sport, so am probably wrong on this.

To be fair, that's probably a fair reflection. Home crowds just aren't what they used to be (before anyone goes on about hooliganism etc etc, I'm not talking about that).

Mucca Mad Boys

Again negotiations were off because negotiations were done, that was there final offer and it was an incredibly reasonable one, that doesn't mean the club had no alternative but to move, the club that the option to take the deal that was only 33% of what they had been paying. It boggles my mind that sisu could seriously have felt negotiations could have gone better than they did, the fact that still wasnt enough shows they never intended a deal (and they admitted as much really in the high court documents)

You're missing the point here, my point has nothng to with the rejection of an offer ACL deemed reasonable, my point is about future events which involve ACL rejecting an approach to negotiate a rent agreement, because ACL rejected that, Fisher's comments saying we've been forced out is feasible, where else can we go?

Also, the manner of which CCFC approached ACL, it seems to me was an acceptance of defeat, that ACL had won, and I think SISU may have struck a deal because they were beaten men but because ACL rejected that approach, we don't know whether or not SISU were intent on compromising, unfortunately.

Not ideal, because ITV wasn't where I found it, I seen it on NewsNow a link to I think CET, but I found a statement (I didn't know about this statement till this morning) from Fisher saying that we'd been forced out as ACL rejected an offer to negotiate, but interestingly, ACL did not make a counter-statement so that suggests that ACL did in fact reject an offer to return to the negotiating table.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/topic/coventry-city/ (under 'Where will Coventry City play next season?')

bigfatronssba

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but does dim Tim now not claim that its revenues that is the important thing?

Question is, what revenues will the mythical stadium generate?

James Smith

Much as I hate to go all grendel here, other clubs have had better deals.

Also, other clubs have fallen from deals they can't fund, that were less than our deal offered.

(Making clear here, *note* this doesn't mean I can't accept ACL's offer is the best *they* can do from *their* perspective. Nor does it mean I approve of SISU's negotiating tactics, but it isn't entirely without basis to suggest the deal wouldn't be viable for the club)

Other clubs also own part or all of their stadium management companies, or lease the entire stadium. We had the opportunity to do this and SISU buggered it up, walking away from the negotiations after agreeing a heads of terms with the Charity and then (PWKH please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) started the rent strike.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
rent strike started april 2012 the heads of terms with charity agreed june 2012

Delboycov

You're missing the point here, my point has nothng to with the rejection of an offer ACL deemed reasonable, my point is about future events which involve ACL rejecting an approach to negotiate a rent agreement, because ACL rejected that, Fisher's comments saying we've been forced out is feasible, where else can we go?

Also, the manner of which CCFC approached ACL, it seems to me was an acceptance of defeat, that ACL had won, and I think SISU may have struck a deal because they were beaten men but because ACL rejected that approach, we don't know whether or not SISU were intent on compromising, unfortunately.

Not ideal, because ITV wasn't where I found it, I seen it on NewsNow a link to I think CET, but I found a statement (I didn't know about this statement till this morning) from Fisher saying that we'd been forced out as ACL rejected an offer to negotiate, but interestingly, ACL did not make a counter-statement so that suggests that ACL did in fact reject an offer to return to the negotiating table.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/topic/coventry-city/ (under 'Where will Coventry City play next season?')

I think most people have learned to take what Timmy says with a pinch of salt although I do think that his latest threats have to be taken seriously. Regarding the negotiations, I think people have misssed OSB's point that if the TF & Co were planning a new stadium outside the city in December last year then how seriously would they be taking the subsequent negotiations anyway?

Sky Blue Dal

The thing is, we don't need another ground! We've got a perfectly good one already in the city of Coventry, probably the best outside the Premier League and the envy of many so why build a ground outside the city with a small capacity and even smaller ambitions and chances to achieve anything?! I'm quite shocked at all those rubbing their hands with excitement at the prospect of spending years away from the city in order to build a stadium, which won't even be in Coventry, that only a 3rd division club could be proud of. Yes we are one at the moment but I've personally got hopes of far bigger and better things in the future under the right stewardship. Would you trust SISU to build a new stadium? I wouldn't trust them to look after my daughter's pet rabbit! For all those that say "I'll be glad to see the back of the Ricoh", what makes you so sure you'll like any new one, whenever and wherever it's built? What we need are new owners that will buy into our existing, perfectly adequate stadium so we don't have to start again in 3,4,probably more years. All people are doing is feeding this untrustworthy, fantasist's ego by even considering his preposterous plans.

*Also if the big appetite for owning our own ground elsewhere is because we'll get all the revenue, then the question has to be asked...what feckin revenue? A hell of a lot less than what we're getting now no doubt, with even greater debt to our esteemed owners and no chance of getting revenue from things like Muse and other concerts and events in the future. That's someone that a new owner with money and an actual plan could have us having at the Ricoh. What additional revenue streams would be available at a tin pot stadium, most likely somewhere in South Warwickshire? *

Hear! Hear! Well said fella.

Thank you

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm just wondering ... what is your beef with ACL... Sounds like you are a disgruntled ex-employer.

You must be a fan that only holds negative ambitions for our club ... It seems like you would prefer SISU to build new measly 15000 capacity stadium for £30m than play in a top class complex like the Ricoh holding 32,000 max. That is really taking one massive step backward. What future top players (if we ever have any?) would be attracted by this new smaller stadium compared to the Ricoh.

Just stop banging on about ACL this and ACL that ... the club is in admin and both the owners and the administrator are insulting the intelligence of us fans ... A new small stadium is not going solve anything... in fact will send us back 20 years before we ever get a sniff of top flight football, even that may not happen due to loss off revenues when moving into a smaller complex. Also SISU will never invest in the playing squad ... just look at what happening now? why should it be any different when the stadium is built.

It is all anal talk from Tim Fisher.

I used to work for ACL and have defected to SISU :facepalm:

Seriously though, I criticise ACL because they need to be scrutinised as some people on here believe ACL are absolutely blameless and whatever SISU do is wrong, put in very broad terms. I have criticised SISU in the past, I said their methods were unethical, but then again, I also said it would've been worth it had they been successful, I've criticised ACL to, that's balence, I think the rent was too high and I think the last terms could've been better, I think the council shouldn't have bailed ACL due to the current economic climate and I think it's a waste of public money, if anything, the council should've helped CCFC financially when we were in trouble. Some of the problems CCFC face were problems pre-SISU, and will remain post-SISU unless someone comes in and sorts it out, I think PH4 is intelligent to demand a 50% share of ACL or else he won't bid for club but it does however, make me slightly weary of his intentions.

I heard it'd be a 25k seater stadium, which wouldn't really be a step down actually, it's all good having a 32k stadium, but when attendances are 10k... It's irrelevant and if anything, more embarrassing, a big stadium alone doesn't attract players, it's everything about the club, ambition, history, wages (the big one) etc. but, if SISU did carry this plan out, it suggests that they have a long-term plan for CCFC.

I personally don't see the point in building a new stadium, but I do think we need to own our stadium in order to make the club sustainable, especially when the RICOH is a bloody gold mine! I want PH4 to be legit and seen to be suitable by the system, and I hope he can at least recover 50% of ACL with a view to the other half, but I think the Council will at best, procrastinate negotiations or at worst, refuse to sell/sell way above market value as people like Councillor Maton don't want the club to own the RICOH.

Your point about revenues is wrong, because the club gets nothing from playing in the RICOH, we make the events happen, but get nothing bar ticket sales, if we moved to a new stadium, we'd get everything, which is an improvement on renting the RICOH. Long term, it would be better to build a stadium IF, and only if, the RICOH could not be owned by CCFC.

SISU don't invest in the playing squad? We signed 20 players last season, what is happening now in that regard? You mean the embargo? We were in a similar situation last season and still signed 9 players before the window closed.

I do hope SISU aren't here for next season, but some issues won't necessarily be solved after they go.

Covcraig@bury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I criticise ACL because they need to be scrutinised as some people on here believe ACL are absolutely blameless and whatever SISU do is wrong, put in very broad terms. I have criticised SISU in the past, I said their methods were unethical, but then again, I also said it would've been worth it had they been successful, I've criticised ACL to, that's balence, I think the rent was too high and I think the last terms could've been better, I think the council shouldn't have bailed ACL due to the current economic climate and I think it's a waste of public money, if anything, the council should've helped CCFC financially when we were in trouble. Some of the problems CCFC face were problems pre-SISU, and will remain post-SISU unless someone comes in and sorts it out, I think PH4 is intelligent to demand a 50% share of ACL or else he won't bid for club but it does however, make me slightly weary of his intentions.

I heard it'd be a 25k seater stadium, which wouldn't really be a step down actually, it's all good having a 32k stadium, but when attendances are 10k... It's irrelevant and if anything, more embarrassing, a big stadium alone doesn't attract players, it's everything about the club, ambition, history, wages (the big one) etc. but, if SISU did carry this plan out, it suggests that they have a long-term plan for CCFC.

I personally don't see the point in building a new stadium, but I do think we need to own our stadium in order to make the club sustainable, especially when the RICOH is a bloody gold mine! I want PH4 to be legit and seen to be suitable by the system, and I hope he can at least recover 50% of ACL with a view to the other half, but I think the Council will at best, procrastinate negotiations or at worst, refuse to sell/sell way above market value as people like Councillor Maton don't want the club to own the RICOH.

Your point about revenues is wrong, because the club gets nothing from playing in the RICOH, we make the events happen, but get nothing bar ticket sales, if we moved to a new stadium, we'd get everything, which is an improvement on renting the RICOH. Long term, it would be better to build a stadium IF, and only if, the RICOH could not be owned by CCFC.

SISU don't invest in the playing squad? We signed 20 players last season, what is happening now in that regard? You mean the embargo? We were in a similar situation last season and still signed 9 players before the window closed.

I do hope SISU aren't here for next season, but some issues won't necessarily be solved after they go.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good post and I totally agree

whoever owns ccfc needs to own the ground and everything that goes with it.

D

Ddccfc

You are all being WILDLY misdirected by spin from both sides here in terms of who will and will not negotiate.

ACL offered a reduced rate. SISU rejected it. ACK said it was their final offer.

CCFC LTD enters administration.

CCFC Holdings approach ACL about reopening negotiations. ACL say they will only deal with the administrator as they believe the club is in administration.

So in a sense neither is incorrect. But it's not black or white.

ACL won't talk to Holdings but will talk to the administrator. So in a sense the door is open, but at the same time, the club is locked out.

Which begs the question, is the administrator working towards helping CCFc stay at the Ricoh Arena?

It's another case of patience being needed I'm afraid. Let the man do his job!

Mucca Mad Boys

I think most people have learned to take what Timmy says with a pinch of salt although I do think that his latest threats have to be taken seriously. Regarding the negotiations, I think people have misssed OSB's point that if the TF & Co were planning a new stadium outside the city in December last year then how seriously would they be taking the subsequent negotiations anyway?

True, I can be counted in that too, BUT, if it wasn't true, then ACL, surely, would've came out with a statement denying this, that's what I would do if I had anything to with ACL, the absence of a statement refuting this certainly suggests that this was the case.

Delboycov

I used to work for ACL and have defected to SISU :facepalm:

I agree with much of this SBT and as for the for the highlighted line from your post, that sums up for me where those who are going along with these foolish prospective plans are missing the point....A new owner who hasn't burned any bridges will surely have more of a chance of buying a stake in the stadium and getting their hands on some of these additional revenues...revenues which won't be available in this new, lower class stadium, which will undoubtedly be generating far less than is being done now...paying the rent or not. Surely our only hope of having any future at all is to fight this move with all our might and hope that SISU realise this is a non starter and realise they have no future here and hand the reins over to someone, hopefully PH4 who may have the means and the method to make us a proud club once again.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

It would be more sensible to build a covered event stadia in the East Midlands, handy for Derby/Nottingham/Leicester. That might actually be profitable.

Users who are viewing this thread