Sordell v Beavon (1 Viewer)

steve82

Agree bad summer makes it harder in jan
But i belrive the squad sept 1st shud never have gone down and wudnt have ubder tm or mr imo over 46 games.

Very hard, in the summer there are vast amounts of players available but come January it's slim pickings.
Last summer off the back of a season where we just missed out we could of been getting league one players and offering 2 year deals selling the project. We missed the boat, yes the budget was taken but we should of shopped accordingly sold the plan and make do.
Come January with all the off the pitch dramas trying to sell the project of survival without money to spend is near on difficult of especially if ccfc are asking in a relegation battle I think TM would of still struggled, even MR.
Would MR or TM of saved us, If buts and maybes now.
Any of our managers pts per game ratio suggests survival was a no based on each of there time here.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's played in the Premier League for Burnley this year. Think the rubbish managers may have something to do with how bad some players have looked, particularly early in the season.

So essentially you are saying Mowbray made him look bad?

Look honestly, he was dreadful. Just because he played a game in the prem doesn't mean he was any good. I remember Ryan Allsop getting a game for Bournemouth not so long ago, and even I am better than him.

Anyone who watched Agyei in a CCFC shirt this season would confidentially be able to say he was fucking tripe.

Adge

Agree bad summer makes it harder in jan
But i belrive the squad sept 1st shud never have gone down and wudnt have ubder tm or mr imo over 46 games.
Maybe they may have survived but when we were at Swindon on the first game of the season, anyone that was there would have told you that we were in for a struggle.

covcity4life

Maybe they may have survived but when we were at Swindon on the first game of the season, anyone that was there would have told you that we were in for a struggle.

Wasnt thetr and will defintley defer to your viee on that one

But i will say we had 2 one on one chances ib that game and lost to a last minute goal.

Really wasnt a huge hole we were in till slade killed us.

singers_pore

I saw Sordell play in the pre-season friendly in Austria. I said at the time that we would struggle to score goals if Sordell was supposed to be our main striker. Sordell was gash every time I saw him play.

Beavon is a much better all round footballer but he is not quick enough to be a main goal scorer. He needs a quick striker next to him to get the goals. I like G Thomas but I don't think he and Beavon will be sufficiently productive. The club will need to find a striker who can run quicker than G Thomas.

I am tempted to suggest Ema Boateng from LA Galaxy. His salary is only $100,000 which I think would be at the upper end of our pay range. We would probably have to offer him a bit more to tempt him away from MLS. Boateng would easily score 25-30 goals in either L1 or L2. It would be a sound investment because we could then sell him to a Premiership side for several million. Boateng is one of the quickest players I have ever seen and he's also pretty skillful. One of the best players in MLS but also one of the lowest paid. Reminds me of Ndlovu when he first joined CCFC.

Hobo

It was obvious Burton wanted Sordell (potential) and looking to off load Beavon and Reilly. It was Burton doing the business not us.

Users who are viewing this thread