Match Thread Southend v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

look, there might be one or two on slightly more than 800 now, but £800 p/w is the model sisu are working on for playing staff. that is what I have been told. and if we are relegated it will be less.

well then, they will get what they deserve, an average league two club

letsallsingtogether

stupot07

So you know that for sure or you just believe we pay more then the average wage?
yet we cannot attract even half decent players.
I'm not CCFCs accountant, but I do not believe that our maximum wage is the same as LEAGUE TWO'S average wage (c£800 pw).

We can attract half decent players, Mowbray and Venus chose to concentrate on trying to sign players that went to championship clubs (ave champ wage £6.25k pw) in which we couldn't compete.

I'd also add that someone else on here (can't remember who) who's has a contact on the inside said our make is £2k pw which is far more believable given the average wage for this league.

Do you believe that pur highest paid player gets paid the same as a league two average? That would likely mean the majority of our squad get paid less than the league two average, sorry but thats just not believeable, but if you believe then, hey fair play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
what I have heard from inside the club, they (sisu) want no one on more than £800 p/w + goal scoring + finishing place bonus. that is why they couldn't get turner back, and that's 100%

and if they are paying tudguy £800 p/w its £750 to much
If that's the case, why were they going after championship players and not league 2?

Are players like reid and sordell on 800 a week? Turnbull as well?

Didn't we offer the lad who went to Everton more than 800?

Captain Dart

what I have heard from inside the club, they (sisu) want no one on more than £800 p/w + goal scoring + finishing place bonus. that is why they couldn't get turner back, and that's 100%

D4 wages.

Nick

Administrator
In not CCFC accountant, but I do not believe that our maximum wage is the same as LEAGUE TWO'S average wage (c£800 pw).

We can attract half decent players, Mowbray and Venus chose to concentrate on trying to sign players that went to championship clubs (ave champ wage £6.25k pw) in which we couldn't compete.

I'd also add that someone else on here (can't remember who) who's has a contact on the inside said our make is £2k pw which is far more believable given the average wage for this league.

Do you believe that pur highest paid player gets paid the same as a league two average? That would likely mean the majority of our squad get paid less than the league two average, sorry but thats just not believeable, but if you believe then, hey fair play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
People will be all over it. We offer a league 2 average wage but target championship players, how does that work?

the rumpo kid

If that's the case, why were they going after championship players and not league 2?

Are players like reid and sordell on 800 a week? Turnbull as well?

Didn't we offer the lad who went to Everton more than 800?
if you read what I said, they where hoping the loaning team , Newcastle Liverpool ect would be picking up the majority of the bill. they will pay £800 for a player worth £6000 p/w and let someone else pay the rest.

I don't see why anyone would'nt think sisu would pick somebody elses pockets for there benefit. they've been doing it to us for years.

wingy

None of us truly know how the budget has been presented to management this season.
If It was tied to ST sales or the timeline of its delivery.

Nick

Administrator
if you read what I said, they where hoping the loaning team , Newcastle Liverpool ect would be picking up the majority of the bill. they will pay £800 for a player worth £6000 p/w and let someone else pay the rest.

I don't see why anyone would'nt think sisu would pick somebody elses pockets for there benefit. they've been doing it to us for years.

I didn't mention anybody on loan? You said they want nobody on £800pw.

Are Reid, Sordell and Turnbull really on £800 a week? Why was Mowbray targetting players in the Championship (not loans) if we only had £800 a week to give them?

Reid was also a Championship player.

Last edited:

davebart

Wasn't Venus brought in by Mowbray. Why did he stay on when TM left? It can only have been because he thought he could do better than TM with the squad we have.

So now he realises they really aren't good enough. Hence he is angry with himself.

Can't feel sorry for either of them.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't Venus brought in by Mowbray. Why did he stay on when TM left? It can only have been because he thought he could do better than TM with the squad we have.

So now he realises they really aren't good enough. Hence he is angry with himself.

Can't feel sorry for either of them.

He would have known everything before he got all excited, if things were so restrained and stuff he would have known so why was he giving it the big one about wanting the job full time?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The question is, why is Venus still here?

The only thing I can think of is that he has a vested interest. I.e. He has an agreement with SISU regarding selling Ryton and his housing company, or something along those lines.

It's fucked up. What is he doing on (and why is he doing) 12 hour days, being made to look like an idiot, and getting dogs abuse from the fans regularly.

Something isn't right.

the rumpo kid

I didn't mention anybody on loan? You said they want nobody on £800pw.

Are Reid, Sordell and Turnbull really on £800 a week? Why was Mowbray targetting players in the Championship (not loans) if we only had £800 a week to give them?
look that's what they'er paying . anyone they tried to sign on those terms they failed to sign, bar tunbull whose league 2 at best (and was out of contract with s/pton, so they stopped paying his wages at Swindon) sordell who was so deperate for club he had to go on telly to find one, mc cann who just wanted a stop gap before fucking of to America , and jones which was about a £300 pay rise for him.
you pay peanuts you get monkey's.

Nick

Administrator
Why did we buy Turnbull if he was out of contract?

Sordell was that desperate he still rocks around in a Maserati on £800 a week? Wasn't his show actually aired months after he signed for us?

What about Reid?

It still doesn't explain why we tried to sign the likes of Turner and Wilson who were clearly Championship players if we could only offer £800 a week, and not raiding League 2?

Hobo

No home
No manager
No decent players
No money
No heart
No soul

Club is fucked.

Lowest ever ebb.

And not even an attempt from the owners to try and sell us a plan or a way out of the mess. Beginning to think Seppala is deliberately suffocating the club. Has not got the balls to kill it off, will just let it die through complete neglect.

davebart

Nick I don't think you can take what people say literally. Especially for publicity purposes. Just like I don't believe TMs assertion that the budget is only slightly less than last years. He was bound to say that. MV may not have been so bullish about the job in private.

Nick

Administrator
Nick I don't think you can take what people say literally. Especially for publicity purposes. Just like I don't believe TMs assertion that the budget is only slightly less than last years. He was bound to say that. MV may not have been so bullish about the job in private.

I'm not going off what Fisher has said, I am going by MV and TM's actions as starters.

Hobo

Who put this team together ? Venus and TM they are to blame for this seasons results we cant blame Sisu for that they did not recruit this summer

They (SISU) recruited Thorne, Boothroyde, Robins, Pressley, Mowbray and Venus plus a train of directors. We have seen truck loads of average footballers and played some youth before they are ready. Yes we have had some half decent youth players come through so credit to that. But they have sold at the first opportunity and General retention has been poor. Plus they have offered no real leadership or corporate identity.

It is time they were held responsible for their watch.

Astute

They (SISU) recruited Thorne, Boothroyde, Robins, Pressley, Mowbray and Venus plus a train of directors. We have seen truck loads of average footballers and played some youth before they are ready. Yes we have had some half decent youth players come through so credit to that. But they have sold at the first opportunity and General retention has been poor. Plus they have offered no real leadership or corporate identity.

It is time they were held responsible for their watch.
I blame CCC :shifty:

Otis

Why did we buy Turnbull if he was out of contract?

Sordell was that desperate he still rocks around in a Maserati on £800 a week? Wasn't his show actually aired months after he signed for us?

What about Reid?

It still doesn't explain why we tried to sign the likes of Turner and Wilson who were clearly Championship players if we could only offer £800 a week, and not raiding League 2?
As you say, why were we chasing after Kelvin Wilson? He wasn't going to be loan player and surely would never be on £800 a week.

Grendel

Bollocks.

SkyBlue_Bear83

look that's what they'er paying . anyone they tried to sign on those terms they failed to sign, bar tunbull whose league 2 at best (and was out of contract with s/pton, so they stopped paying his wages at Swindon) sordell who was so deperate for club he had to go on telly to find one, mc cann who just wanted a stop gap before fucking of to America , and jones which was about a £300 pay rise for him.
Listen rumpo, we know sisu are wankers who won't invest more than they need to. We don't need you making up bullshit lies to know that.

Grendel

Sordell had other clubs to choose from, Turnbull commited to a 3 year deal, Reid was on a championship wage and Bigi on £19k a week.

Jones "the monkey" was a subject of a £300,000 bid by charlton and signed a 4 year deal.

Willis has been here since the championship days.

Another poster with contacts said Ricketts was on £2k a week

You've made it up and the derision you are getting is fully deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread