Match Thread Southend v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

If £850 is basic, you can double it for appearance and then add a win bonus ( not making too much here) so actual is a lot more than any quoted "average".

Super Graham Withey

Sordell had other clubs to choose from, Turnbull commited to a 3 year deal, Reid was on a championship wage and Bigi on £19k a week.

Jones "the monkey" was a subject of a £300,000 bid by charlton and signed a 4 year deal.

Willis has been here since the championship days.

Another poster with contacts said Ricketts was on £2k a week

You've made it up and the derision you are getting is fully deserved.
I'll throw in that Vincelot was on £2k a week last season and is now on £2.2k a week at Bradford

stevefloyd

Why does he chose to play Wright on the wing over an experienced winger? Or bring on mqycock in place of gadzev?

It doesn't add up
For some reason our experienced wingers are not performing and ghadzev isnt the answer... he complains about kids are too young then plays another kid... to coin a phrase..... we are doomed

stevefloyd

Maybe Venus was angry about his former mate TM fucking up the new player process... surely he would have had scouts out watching the lower leagues last season and indeed a few quiet words in peoples ears in the higher leagues to know in which direction our club CCFC could go in terms of bringing in new players... fucking bad planning and bad management failed in the recruitment department so why didnt he walk before the season started if he was denied the right funds for the right players... he got lucky with Armstrong and although Murphy could drift in and out of games we got lucky with him and apart from Kent all the rest of the signings have been less than mediocre... not good for a manager who cant assess !!!

Hobo

I agree Steve Floyd it does seem like bad planning - bad management. But for years now we seem slow of the mark when transfer windows open. It would make sense that if you are cancelling a contract then you have a few ideas on who your targets are for the new contract. Our vetting process seems very lacking as we have had far too many lack lustre players going back over several managers.

stupot07

If £850 is basic, you can double it for appearance and then add a win bonus ( not making too much here) so actual is a lot more than any quoted "average".
The article I posted that said thr average wage in league one c£1400 and league two c£800 was purely basic wage. All of those players I'll have bonus's built into on top of that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

davebart

Which makes it even more weirder that they would chase Championship players rather than the Chris Stokes types or League 2 players doesn't it?
As has been said - maybe they hoped to get championship players on loan - with the parent club paying most of the wages. Maybe the clubs didn't want to play ball on that idea which is why it failed to bear fruit.

Nick

Administrator
As has been said - maybe they hoped to get championship players on loan - with the parent club paying most of the wages. Maybe the clubs didn't want to play ball on that idea which is why it failed to bear fruit.
It wasn't loan though?

the rumpo kid

Listen rumpo, we know sisu are wankers who won't invest more than they need to. We don't need you making up bullshit lies to know that.

no lies her bud just what im led to believe. and £800 is what ive been told . so don't get your panties in a bunch, im not one of these cunts like grenvil or what ever his name who has to be on here 24-7 questioning the minushia of every post.

Otis

Kelvin Wilson most certainly wasn't a loan, so that argument just doesn't stack up unfortunately.

Forest released Wilson at the end of last season. There was no club for us to loan him from.

If the low wage thing is true it looks like Mowbray and Venus were simply chasing rainbows.

Nick

Administrator
Kelvin Wilson most certainly wasn't a loan, so that argument just doesn't stack up unfortunately.

Forest released Wilson at the end of last season. There was no club for us to loan him from.

If the low wage thing is true it looks like Mowbray and Venus were simply chasing rainbows.
And that players like sordell and reid are both on 800 a week? I can't see that.

higgs

The only player showing a bit on reaction is rose for the second goal he isn't happy with someone on the back post and when we scored he was first to go get the ball out on the net we need a few more leaders like that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Otis

The only player showing a bit on reaction is rose for the second goal he isn't happy with someone on the back post and when we scored he was first to go get the ball out on the net we need a few more leaders like that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Yeah. He's like a glass collector in a pub. ;)

stupot07

Just a quick note on our consolation goal, finally Jodi Jones uses his pace to go around the outside rather than cut in on his left. Needs to do that far more often,.

Sky Blue Kid

look that's what they'er paying . anyone they tried to sign on those terms they failed to sign, bar tunbull whose league 2 at best (and was out of contract with s/pton, so they stopped paying his wages at Swindon) sordell who was so deperate for club he had to go on telly to find one, mc cann who just wanted a stop gap before fucking of to America , and jones which was about a £300 pay rise for him.
you pay peanuts you get monkey's.
If what you say is correct, it blows our "Top eight budget" clean out of the water.

Nick

Administrator
He can't prove it is, can you prove it isn't?
There are a fair few things that say it isn't.

There is more evidence to say it isn't than it is, ie trying to sign championship players, signing players like sordell and reid.

Do we think that Mowbray would try for championship players with an average league 2 wage?

Jones also turned down other clubs, for 800 a week?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Where did the "Scraps and good will comment",come from?
Was that a quote or was that Juggygate?
That was juggy when he was adament tm told him, then turns out he didn't tell him. Then the week after tm was chasing Kevin Wilson.

Sky Blue Kid

There are a fair few things that say it isn't.

There is more evidence to say it isn't than it is, ie trying to sign championship players, signing players like sordell and reid.

Do we think that Mowbray would try for championship players with an average league 2 wage?

Jones also turned down other clubs, for 800 a week?
Nobody knows Nick. It's just your, mine, Grendels etc, no facts just opinion ;)

Astute

1, TM leaves. He doesn't want compo. He says our club needs it.

2, The only players we kept from last season that were out of contract are shit.

3, We sold Vincelot for a pittance. Was it partly to get his wage removed from the wage bill?

4, This seasons playing budget wasn't boosted by funds received from the sale of Maddison as was promised.

5, For the first time nobody from the club has mentioned about having a top 10 or similar budget.

6, There is no sign of us even having a manager.

7, People have left our club and not been replaced.

8, Just about everyone that has been signed for this season are absolutely shite.

9, Ryton is getting sold and it sounds like we will be renting somewhere to train.

That is a small list off the top of my head. No thinking needed. No mention of waiting for money from players already sold. Nothing about our own ground.

So do we know as a fact that we have a decent budget? Nothing points towards it being so. Nothing points towards there being the funds available to run a football club properly. Maybe Jones was bought in the hope of having another player to be sold for a seven figure sum.

We don't know for sure if there is a decent player budget. Just like we don't know for sure that there isn't a decent player budget. Yet I see it stated as a fact several times.

Grendel

He can't prove it is, can you prove it isn't?

No but I can look at some of his other "exclusives" from "sources" inside the club;

Adam Armstrong will not resign in January as Newcastle have sold him to Wolves

In October Steve Evans had agreed a contract to be the manager

Tim fisher is paid a £1 million salary

Last January players were not being paid and we were going into administration

The club only receive a small percentage of turnover the rest goes straight to Seppalla

What next elvis is alive and sitting in the west stand?

robbiekeane

No but I can look at some of his other "exclusives" from "sources" inside the club;

Adam Armstrong will not resign in January as Newcastle have sold him to Wolves

In October Steve Evans had agreed a contract to be the manager

Tim fisher is paid a £1 million salary

Last January players were not being paid and we were going into administration

The club only receive a small percentage of turnover the rest goes straight to Seppalla

What next elvis is alive and sitting in the west stand?
Stop being so stupid. We all know Elvis is sky blue sam

ccfcway

Just a quick note on our consolation goal, finally Jodi Jones uses his pace to go around the outside rather than cut in on his left. Needs to do that far more often,.

wouldn't that mean playing him on the side of the pitch he would be more effective on ?

stupot07

wouldn't that mean playing him on the side of the pitch he would be more effective on ?
Of course, but if hr does play on the right, he needs to go both ways, he can't keep cutting in 100% of the time, its made him predictable. A good reference point would be Murphy last season - right footed but played on the left, he could cut in a score a screamer but would also go around the outside to hit the byline. Defenders didn't know which way he would go.

ccfcway

i'd just play him on the left, let him try and beat his defender for pace and make the opposition have to double up on him and free up space elsewhere.

At the moment, they just push him in inside, straight into the CM's and he loses the ball

stupot07

I agree, been saying for a few weeks now he should be played on the left, shame we don't have a proper right footed winger to play on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread