Sports that women should not take part in (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

First let me state I am all for equality for women. I have two daughters of my own. But after watching many sports in the Olympics, there are a few sports that I think women would be better off avoiding. Actually, I think men would be better of avoiding them too but that is another subject.

Boxing - saw a women's boxing match last night and at first I thought it was two men competing. They wear helmets so its difficult to tell. There is absolutely nothing faintly 'feminine' about this 'sport' whose object is to physically damage or hurt your opponent.

Weight Lifting - another sport where the competitors are obese, physical freaks. It cannot be a healthy sport to take part in. I can barely watch it. Why anyone would want to do it is beyond my understanding.

I'm sure there are other questionable sports that I've missed. I did enjoy the women's rugby sevens games which would not be a sport you would normally associate with women.

Liquid Gold

I'm all for equality for women but they shouldn't be allowed to do these things. Get off it mate, it's a person's choice what they do with their body/life, what you think about it has no relevance, go back under your rock/to the past.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the same could be said about men doing ballet or something? Can't really say it bothers me.

Although after walking past a woman shadow boxing at a boxing event and seeing how quick she was, I wouldn't fancy telling them ;)

If a woman wants to weight lift, fair play to her. Better than sitting in the house eating chocolate and smoking all day. Same if she wants to train hard to be a boxer.

Gazolba

I'm all for equality for women but they shouldn't be allowed to do these things. Get off it mate, it's a person's choice what they do with their body/life, <snip>
You should read my post again. I never said they should not be allowed to do those things. I said "I think women would be better off avoiding them". There is a big difference.

Covstu

You should read my post again. I never said they should not be allowed to do those things. I said "I think women would be better off avoiding them". There is a big difference.
Better off for who? Surely it's their choice?

Go tell Nicola Adams that she is better off avoiding boxing when she picked up her 2nd gold

Terry Gibson's perm

There should be more equality in sport, women get paid the same to win Wimbledon as the men but play less sets doesn't seem right to me.

I would like to see more crossovers in sport darts,table tennis and snooker could All easily have mixed sex

Covstu

Goes back to demand on each sport doesn't it? I think tennis and cycling are the only sports I would be relatively interested in. I tried football but just couldn't get into it. Culture thing really...

Users who are viewing this thread