Squad as it stands (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

Haynes shouldn't be on the bench let alone in the starting line up. It is bordering on an obsession with some fans determined to prove he is brilliant when he is far from it.

steve82

47 year old Mark Robins was even able to slip away from Jordan Turnbull....
f89d54ab438e96add31ae73cd5564420.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oakey

The squad still lacks goals IMO.
OK the new guys might excel like others have in the past. Equally there are no nailed on prolific goalscorers.
To challenge you need one or two players who feature in the league's top scorers list. Do we have two of those currently?

RoboCCFC90

Thought Thomas was training on Wednesday?

I was told that he was given extended time to recover from the Toulon tournament, no pictures of him at Ryton or Warwick Uni so I would imagine I haven't been fobbed off.

RoboCCFC90

Where has the 4 more signings thing come from?

Robins suggested he wanted 12 new players in total during this close season, we've signed eight so another four is what MR has suggested he is looking for.

CCFC_Charlie

The squad still lacks goals IMO.
OK the new guys might excel like others have in the past. Equally there are no nailed on prolific goalscorers.
To challenge you need one or two players who feature in the league's top scorers list. Do we have two of those currently?

Not necessarily. Burton won this league with their top goalscorer getting 9 goals, and Bury's, who went up with them that year, only got 10. Even last season only one of the four teams that went up had a player in the division's top 10 scorers.

steve82

Not necessarily. Burton won this league with their top goalscorer getting 9 goals, and Bury's, who went up with them that year, only got 10. Even last season only one of the four teams that went up had a player in the division's top 10 scorers.

We do need more goals now the squad and It's true, a out and out goal scorer helps but Portsmouth top goalscorer in the league had 13 the second had 10. And both of those were attacking midfielders/inside forwards.

We need regular goals from players, not one player.

AFCCOVENTRY

McNulty will get a load of goals. We could do with another striker I agree. But I do think a lot depends on whether Thomas and Beavon are staying. If they stay there are plenty of goals in them for L2.

Funnily enough even Kwame would easily hit double figures.

steve82

McNulty will get a load of goals. We could do with another striker I agree. But I do think a lot depends on whether Thomas and Beavon are staying. If they stay there are plenty of goals in them for L2.

Funnily enough even Kwame would easily hit double figures.

Big question for me is where is MR going to fit them in and in what positions.

Nick

Administrator
Big question for me is where is MR going to fit them in and in what positions.

Thing is, it seems like we will be almost spoilt for some positions. 3 potential first team goalkeepers still seems strange.

steve82

Thing is, it seems like we will be almost spoilt for some positions. 3 potential first team goalkeepers still seems strange.

Maybe that's a good question for tonight? See what the response is.

I'm sure there will be plenty of comings and also goings in the coming month

oakey

Fair points but we need 6-8 decent forwards. 3-4 start each match, 2-3 on the bench, one injured or suspended.
It's a squad game now but I trust that MR knows all this.

covcity4life

i hope our signings are not dependent on players leaving. we need likes of willis and stevenson imo

is maycock good enough for league 2 this season?

SkyBlueCRJ

On paper the squad looks really positive. But saying that, there are definitely holes that still need to be filled. For instance, I think another LM needs to come in; this could rise to potentially 2 if Reid is made surplus to requirements.

Although I'm pleased Beavon has re-signed with us I'm not totally convinced he'll cement down that CAM spot. Another will need to be brought in. We seriously lacked creativity last season therefore to rectify that a player who both creates and scores goals would be invaluable - it's likely this player will be the lynchpin of our squad so we'll need to get it right.

I have a feeling another CB could be brought in as I'm not totally convinced Turnbull will stay. We need another right sided CB to come in as I can imagine Hyam will be mainly used in the U23's next season.

Would have said we need another ST but we're now up to 5...

covcity4life

number 10 needed

mcnulty and beavon are also strikers so imagine they get forward more rather than sit in the pocket

no_loyalty

The way it's going, we will have the league title sewn up by Christmas

Nick

Administrator
Do think there has to be more outgoings shortly, turning bids down for players in January and then being relegated surely means they are worth less now like Willis?

I wonder if the friendlies will indicate anything if players like Willis don't get much of a look in.

Users who are viewing this thread