Squad as it stands (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

willis cannot go. his gf must remain. if we want to compete with man utd and arsenal etc we need grade A wags

jack grimmer has a cutie of a gf.......

covcity4life

steve you hate anyone from old squad it seems! willis is an athlete. strong and fast too. everything to be a top cb league 1 and below for sure. maybe even championship. we cant keep judging them on past and saying league 2 will be too hard for them so we should just cash in

steve82

steve you hate anyone from old squad it seems! willis is an athlete. strong and fast too. everything to be a top cb league 1 and below for sure. maybe even championship. we cant keep judging them on past and saying league 2 will be too hard for them so we should just cash in

Let's get one thing staight.
At no point have I stated I hate anyone from last years side.... Im not fond of Turnbull who is everything but athletic and strong like Willis is.
I'd like Willis to stay, as he can more than do a job in this league but the possibilities of him staying beyond this season is slim as he's out of contract at the end of this season.
Personally I'd cash in on him now while there are options available to bring in than face a late bid in August or worse January when the options are slim to replace him and risk a possible promotion push.

Get a replacement in on a 2 year deal in line with the rest of the squad for stability. That's the only reason I'd be selling him, not any footballing dislikes about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleBin

Crazy that we've made nine signings. Obviously all signed off by Tim/Joy and apparently making six figure bids for players. Wonder how many SISU out chants you'll hear if we are doing well after 10 games...

Nick

Administrator
Crazy that we've made nine signings. Obviously all signed off by Tim/Joy and apparently making six figure bids for players. Wonder how many SISU out chants you'll hear if we are doing well after 10 games...

I'll be waiting for the catch until the window closes. Even then I'm not sure I'd be that fussed about any players going if we have replacements already.

covcity4life

didnt collins say we never made a bid?

also success on the pitch is something every fan deserves at some point, cov have had zero until checkatrade so it makes sense to be angry at shitty owners. and i have been called a sisu lover on here for years btw. if we do well then it makes sense more focus on pitch and not off field matters.

that isnt fickle, its the least cov fans deserve

mark82

didnt collins say we never made a bid?

also success on the pitch is something every fan deserves at some point, cov have had zero until checkatrade so it makes sense to be angry at shitty owners. and i have been called a sisu lover on here for years btw. if we do well then it makes sense more focus on pitch and not off field matters.

that isnt fickle, its the least cov fans deserve

He did, but may mean we didn't make an acceptable bid I suppose. He actually sounded a bit disappointed.

steve82

The new signings fitted into Mark Robins previously preferred 4231.
Near enough a new side brought in so far. Looks positive too with more likely to come in
---------------O'Brien----------------
Grimmer--Hyam---McDonald----*****
----------Doyle(c)----Kelly-----------
--Vincenti-----McNulty------******-
---------------Biamou----------------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Lots! If it wasn't for them shithouses we wouldn't be in this mess!

steve82

More good news.

'Turnbull in talks with another club': Robins

Coventry City boss Mark Robins has revealed Kyel Reid is looking for an “escape route” out of the club after insisting he has an gentleman’s agreement to leave.

The 29-year-old winger, who signed a two-year deal under Tony Mowbray last summer, claims he has a ‘get out’ clause in his contract, similar to the one expected to be exercised by defender Jordan Turnbull.

Reid looking for an 'escape route' says Robins

chiefdave

The 29-year-old winger, who signed a two-year deal under Tony Mowbray last summer, claims he has a ‘get out’ clause in his contract, similar to the one expected to be exercised by defender Jordan Turnbull.
Is that just phrased badly because surely you either have the clause or you don't. Not seeing any area for confusion there.

steve82

Is that just phrased badly because surely you either have the clause or you don't. Not seeing any area for confusion there.

It gets better....

“At the end of last season Kyel had said to me that he’d got an agreement with whoever was here before that he could leave and if that’s the case then he has to go and do what he has to do.
“I want people playing for us who want to be here. I am not saying he doesn’t but he says he has an option.
“We had a conversation but he’s still here and still under contract so he’s part of the squad.”

Asked if it was more of a gentleman’s agreement, he said: “There’s nothing in black and white.
“But I’ll look at what he has got to say and always make the right decision for us as a football club.”

CCFC_Charlie

Bit annoying about Turnbull as we'll now need another 2 CBs I reckon. Can't be entering the season with Hyam and Leahy as out only back-ups.

steve82

Bit annoying about Turnbull as we'll now need another 2 CBs I reckon. Can't be entering the season with Hyam and Leahy as out only back-ups.

Plenty of time to get someone in, I'm sure MR has known his situation all along, hence why we signed left sided Rod Mcdonald

shmmeee

I reckon this is what we'll end up with when the window closes:

GK: O''Brien, RCC, Burge
RB: Grimmer, DiKE
LB: Stokes, Haynes
CB1: Willis, Hyam
CB1: NEW PLAYER, McDonald
DM1: Doyle, Lussey
DM2: Stevenson, Kelly
RM: Vincetti, NEW PLAYER
AM: McNulty, Moorehouse
LM: Jones, NEW PLAYER
ST: Beavon, Biamou

Sold/Frees/Tribunerals: G Thomas, K Thomas, Reid, Harries, Turnbull

Maybe one less if Finn or another kid does well out wide. And maybe one or two of those new players are loans.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Been away last week so only picked up on bits or pieces, what's happened to Kwame has he asked to leave/been allowed to?

Disappointed if he has fancied him for top scorer this season.

steve82

Well Mark Robins has nearly assembled a new starting 11 baring the left back spot, it don't look bad on paper too.

---------------O'Brien----------------
Grimmer--Hyam---McDonald----*****
----------Doyle(c)----Kelly-----------
--Vincenti-----McNulty------Nazon--
---------------Biamou----------------

Subs :
Pearson

Brylowes

The squad this season looks planned, balanced and would appear to be stronger on all fronts
Compared to the shambles of last season.
Whether that means we will be strong enough to achieve promotion this season remains to be
Seen, TBH I think last seasons squad would have done well to avoid relegation in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread