Squad Travelling to Spain (2 Viewers)

steve82

It's not a hoax cammys dad has had it on Facebook today and said he is not happy he hasn't gone, seems bizarre to me that they have taken Thomas with them and left other players behind

Right, ok.

Seems bizarre tho that it's a team bonding exercise and what could be seen as key 1st players are left behind in a 1 week bomb squad.

Unless ones Mrs is due to good be birth and been excused..... scenarios like that

Seems strange.

Terry Gibson's perm

Imagine being a professional footballer and having your Dad kick off on facebook because you haven't been selected for something.

He didn't kick off just commented to somebody that Chris was a bit grumpy about it.

Both of them are massive city fans I have sat with Chris at away games where he has travelled with his mates

Terry Gibson's perm

Was it his dad who posted it originally?

Bet Chris has had a bollocking.

Without wishing to look like I'm ducking the question I can't remember as I saw it earlier this morning but fell asleep after as I'm on nights.

Terry Gibson's perm

Turning it around it's good that he wants to be around the first team and trying to play rather than sitting back and chilling on his new contract

SkyBlueCRJ

It's understandable that he's annoyed considering this has happened just after he's signed a new contract. But surely it's expected. Why would you take 3 left backs to a pre-season tour when space is already obviously limited....

RoboCCFC90

Could easily have been photoshopped though? Not hard to put a white background with text on something

It could have been, but the image in the background of the 87' final and the machine itself is two things you find at Ryton Lodge.

RoboCCFC90

It's not a hoax cammys dad has had it on Facebook today and said he is not happy he hasn't gone, seems bizarre to me that they have taken Thomas with them and left other players behind

While I am sure Chris has a very good future ahead of him, he is behind Haynes and Stokes, who are more experienced, more likely to be ahead of CC in the pecking order and are better players than CC (at this point in his career).

CC like the other 18's now need to prove themselves, in training, in the 23's and then force their way through to the first team, not just expect to be gifted a berth.

coop

He's still learning his trade and only had one first team start so is an under 23 player really. A quick lesson for him don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Do we read into this as Reid has been told to please find another club, Cian Harries will be sold to any suitable bidder and Jordan Turnbull is still 50/50 so MR is playing hard ball as Stuart Beavon sorted his future out and committed quite soon over preseason.
Or it's a hoax team sheet leaked as nothing official has been released by the club
I think the majority of us would prefer to see the back of Reid, Harries I rate highly but I'm guessing there's some real interest in him from higher league teams. As for Turnbull, do we really need him anymore?

Chipfat

The touring squad is a indication of what MR is looking at for now, the contracted ones that are going are firmly in Robins plans, if Camwell is upset or unhappy about getting left at home it shows he knows he is on the outside looking in. Young kid learning his trade will have to show the boss how he handles it and how he bounces back from this, its good to see that he is upset and shows he wants to play a part with the club at 1st team level. Good on him, but now its time to shut up, head down and show all those within the squad that he is good enough to be involved every week.

I would seriously prefer this story then him not involved but seen rolling round town every week pissed out his head and acting like a dog with two cocks. But i suppose some want to see the negative in a story and part it on him or his dad, seems to be the fashion at the moment.

Voice_of_Reason

Surely must be a typo. Cant see why we would take george thomas and not turnbull when both are in similar positions. The squad tomorrow could answer some of the questions
Maybe George Thomas has signed for another club and loaned back to Sky Blues, as Maddison did when sold to Norwich ?

speedie87

Forgetting names on the list it just makes me chuckle all these footballers careers in some cases come down to whether their name is the notice board!

Reminds me of school when teachers used to leave the football team match details and the team on a notice board

fatso

Talking of cammy's dad, didn't David Phillips throw a hissy fit when his lad wasn't selected for city, ..... and wales .... and shortlisted for the ballon d'or.

dongonzalos

Reid, Turnbull and RCC are off in my eyes. So, the writing on the wall is literally there by them not being included in the 24 man squad in Spain. Potentially the same mentality could be applied to Harries' situation. I think he's the most likely to be sold, so why risk him on tour.

Similarly, I can imagine 1 of the strikers is surely off to make room for another to come in - has K. Thomas drawn the short straw....

Completely agree

better days

Reid, Turnbull and RCC are off in my eyes. So, the writing on the wall is literally there by them not being included in the 24 man squad in Spain. Potentially the same mentality could be applied to Harries' situation. I think he's the most likely to be sold, so why risk him on tour.

Similarly, I can imagine 1 of the strikers is surely off to make room for another to come in - has K. Thomas drawn the short straw....

Kwame is almost certainly injured
He was developing well and I believe Robins rates him

Users who are viewing this thread