Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Sitting

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Not arsed

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Generally the Wembley stewards apply common sense and read the situation very well which is unusual for a football ground. If you are in a block with lots of folk standing then its generally ignored. When one of your team break through the middle heading for goal you are not going to be sitting down!

Garryb80

I hope everyone sits. This isn't a normal away game its Wembley. If anyone blocks my view ill certainly be making sure they wont be for long.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Sorry if this comes across as angry but, basically, I am.
A huge number of disabled people are not wheelchair bound and therefore cannot access disabled areas. Many use one or more crutch, others can walk short distances but cannot stand for long. We have many other fans who are old or infirm. As a result they must sit down. There are no special areas for these people to apply for seats.
I will be taking a relative who has been unwell for a considerable time and we have paid £60 for the seat. If there are people standing and blocking our view then I will inform a steward.
Please don't be selfish. You cannot stand. Please be considerate to others.
Not being a killjoy but totally agree.
We are both in our late 60s and have supported City for over 50 years now. Have got STs and used to go to many away games too but because of our fitness (or lack of it) and most supporters end up standing we just stick to home games now. We are not classed as disabled but can't get around so well. We even drive to matches at the Ricoh now because we can't manage the walk up and back. We may be elderly but we are still big City fans and hopefully deserve a bit of consideration from others..
We have bought £60 tickets for Wembley in the hope that others around us will stay in their seats like us. We wouldn't be able to stand up all game.

pusbccfc

I won't be sitting down, not a chance. I've never sat down at a football match.

This thread is embarrassing.

pusbccfc

I hope everyone sits. This isn't a normal away game its Wembley. If anyone blocks my view ill certainly be making sure they wont be for long.

So, because it's Wembley we all sit down and eat our prawn sandwiches?

Totally understandable if there is a reason for sitting down, but because it 'isn't a normal away game' is definitely not one.

Otis

If people wish to sit they should be allowed to sit and other fans should respect that.

I haven't stood at a football match since they brought all seating in.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

This isn't going to be some shed with a steward saying go where you like. They don't mess around at Wembley, you'll be sitting or you'll be out.

You either haven't been to Wembley or don't watch any cup finals, virtually every team stands behind the goal, even the other week with Southampton vs Man Utd

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

All of this reason boils down to part of the reason why I'm not as excited about Wembley as I should be.

I don't have any problems with us selling out and day trippers, Liverpool fans and other timewasters coming but I really do think this will dilute the atmosphere so it's as flat as a pancake for the final. Can see it now, a few half hearted PUSBs and the odd SISU out.

As I posted on another thread and it's more relevant here, Wembley is a hard enough place to generate an atmosphere:

I think some people are in for a shock.

Take the recent England v Scotland game, which obviously is a game with an edge to it (more than City vs Oxford) and two sets of fans who can make some noise...the atmosphere was at best stifled, the middle Club Wembley tier separates and disjoints the atmoshphere from the top tier and lower tier. From where I was I could see the opposite end of the ground were chanting, but just couldn't hear it. There was no atmosphere in upper tier at all I'm afraid.

Now taking this into account - our bottom tier will be 1/6 season ticket holders and 5/6 Man Utd fans/day trippers that have gone as part of the allocation... I don't have any doubts the atmosphere will be flat at the final. Really hope I'm proved wrong but Wembley is a hard enough place to get an atmosphere going without having day trippers all in the bottom tier. Will be just like Tottenham or Arsenal away (the first one 6-1) a few years ago when it was just 5k stood in silence.

pusbccfc

All of this reason boils down to part of the reason why I'm not as excited about Wembley as I should be.

I don't have any problems with us selling out and day trippers, Liverpool fans and other timewasters coming but I really do think this will dilute the atmosphere so it's as flat as a pancake for the final. Can see it now, a few half hearted PUSBs and the odd SISU out.

As I posted on another thread and it's more relevant here, Wembley is a hard enough place to generate an atmosphere:

I think some people are in for a shock.

Take the recent England v Scotland game, which obviously is a game with an edge to it (more than City vs Oxford) and two sets of fans who can make some noise...the atmosphere was at best stifled, the middle Club Wembley tier separates and disjoints the atmoshphere from the top tier and lower tier. From where I was I could see the opposite end of the ground were chanting, but just couldn't hear it. There was no atmosphere in upper tier at all I'm afraid.

Now taking this into account - our bottom tier will be 1/6 season ticket holders and 5/6 Man Utd fans/day trippers that have gone as part of the allocation... I don't have any doubts the atmosphere will be flat at the final. Really hope I'm proved wrong but Wembley is a hard enough place to get an atmosphere going without having day trippers all in the bottom tier. Will be just like Tottenham or Arsenal away (the first one 6-1) a few years ago when it was just 5k stood in silence.

Totally agree. This thread has summed it up.

Garryb80

So, because it's Wembley we all sit down and eat our prawn sandwiches?

Totally understandable if there is a reason for sitting down, but because it 'isn't a normal away game' is definitely not one.
Can you give me a good reason why you should stand then? I hate standing due to my back problems so I wont be is that a valid reason? If anyone blocks my view ill ensure they will be told to sit also.

Liquid Gold

Can you give me a good reason why you should stand then? I hate standing due to my back problems so I wont be is that a valid reason? If anyone blocks my view ill ensure they will be told to sit also.
As long as you've not bought tickets behind the goal i'm sure you'l be fine.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

this about stewards at wembley not messing about is utter bollocks, Ive got a season ticket for the nfl and last October the guy behind was smoking they warned him 3 times to stop he didn't and they did sod all about it

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Totally agree. This thread has summed it up.

Already can't be arsed with it with some of the tripe on this thread, people quoting ground regulations and back problems - it's a football match not a Vicars tea party.

I care about us having a good atmosphere and leaving Wembley with a fraction of pride - I don't give a fuck about Archie from Leamington having a 'fun, family day out', sat down in silence

Otis

Already can't be arsed with it with some of the tripe on this thread, people quoting ground regulations and back problems - it's a football match not a Vicars tea party.

I care about us having a good atmosphere and leaving Wembley with a fraction of pride - I don't give a fuck about Archie from Leamington having a 'fun, family day out', sat down in silence
But if someone seriously struggles to stand because of a condition? You would sit down then, right?

letsallsingtogether

But if someone seriously struggles to stand because of a condition? You would sit down then, right?
They don't bother at away games do they.
BTW I hopefully will be sitting.
I had to ask someone to sit down yesterday wish I hadn't.
Wouldn't have had to watch that shit then:)

Liquid Gold

I'd offer to swap seats with them so they could sit and I stand behind. I also wouldn't be the only person standing in a block of 1000 so my decision is unlikely to matter. People who need to sit for the game should be conscious of what part of the stadium is most likely to have fans wanting to stand though I'm sure we can agree on that.

CharlesMore

I cant remember the last time I actually sat down away from home.

I can see this game being a nightmare with all the daytrippers there, if will be sit down or it will be the shouting down of SISU OUT chants with the old get behind the team nonsense when they are asking whose in goal for us or whose playing at right back!

Otis

I'd offer to swap seats with them so they could sit and I stand behind. I also wouldn't be the only person standing in a block of 1000 so my decision is unlikely to matter. People who need to sit for the game should be conscious of what part of the stadium is most likely to have fans wanting to stand though I'm sure we can agree on that.
But as most of us have never been to Wembley we wouldn't know where is best to sit and where is best to stand would we?

At the Ricoh it is obvious. Wembley is a brand new experience for nearly everybody.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I cant remember the last time I actually sat down away from home.

I can see this game being a nightmare with all the daytrippers there, if will be sit down or it will be the shouting down of SISU OUT chants with the old get behind the team nonsense when they are asking whose in goal for us or whose playing at right back!
I think the most asked question will be who are the team in the blueish kit

Liquid Gold

But as most of us have never been to Wembley we wouldn't know where is best to sit and where is best to stand would we?

At the Ricoh it is obvious. Wembley is a brand new experience for nearly everybody.
Common sense would suggest lower tier behind the goal would be most likely standing and the rest seated though wouldn't it? Not only that but looking at other games that have taken place there. If you have a genuine need to sit then I'd like to think you'd look into it before purchasing rather than buying any seat and then making veiled threats about people standing in front of you.

Otis

Common sense would suggest lower tier behind the goal would be most likely standing and the rest seated though wouldn't it? Not only that but looking at other games that have taken place there. If you have a genuine need to sit then I'd like to think you'd look into it before purchasing rather than buying any seat and then making veiled threats about people standing in front of you.
But when the tickets went on sale there was a mad rush wasn't there. I just picked the category and booked the tickets.

I honestly didn't believe anyone stood at Wembley and was expecting everyone to be seated.

As I say, I will be seated and won't be standing.

Liquid Gold

But when the tickets went on sale there was a mad rush wasn't there. I just picked the category and booked the tickets.

I honestly didn't believe anyone stood at Wembley and was expecting everyone to be seated.

As I say, I will be seated and won't be standing.
The intirety of the two lower tiers were open for sale.

If there are 30 rows of people in front of you standing then are you going to try to force the people in front of you to sit too?

Users who are viewing this thread