Steam summer sale. (1 Viewer)

Marty

Some very good titles up for next to nothing.

Just Cause 2 - £1.99
Sim city 4 - £2.99
Tomb Raider - £7.49

New games every 24 hours + every 8 hours they're having a flash sale.

TheRoyalScam

Tomb Raider Collection

Thanks Marty.

I fancy some retro gaming with Lara Croft:) Loved playing the early stuff on a PS1!

Do you or does anybody know if all 10 of these would be playable using Windows 7: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663/ ??

For £11.24 that's a steal:)

Thanks,

TRS

Marty

It should work no problem.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor:1.8 GHz Processor
    • Memory:512 MB RAM
    • Graphics:3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9
    • DirectX®:9.0
    • Hard Drive:2 GB HD space

ajsccfc

I'm tempted by The Walking Dead collection for a touch over a fiver. The episode of Back to the Future that Telltale made had loads of charm and I hear really good things by this.

Marty

I'd avoid the walking dead, I played it on the 360, it's just a point and click with the odd quick time event. I felt the choices I made, made no difference to the outcome.

GTA: vice city - £2.99
Thief collection - £4.41

TheRoyalScam

Thanks again Marty - I missed the system requirements.

Would this do the job: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004JU0JSK/?tag=skblta-21 , or would anybody recommend a better controller for playing Tomb Raider? (Amazon are actually selling it for £19.99 with free supersaver delivery, and not the £25.99 quoted.)

It should work no problem.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor:1.8 GHz Processor
    • Memory:512 MB RAM
    • Graphics:3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9
    • DirectX®:9.0
    • Hard Drive:2 GB HD space

ajsccfc

People rave over the 360 controller so I can't imagine there are too many better choices around. (although if you have a PS3 already, you can download a little program that allows you to use that controller via USB too which would save you £20)

TheRoyalScam

Thanks very much ajsccfc - the reviews on Amazon are very positive too.

I don't have a console, and the PC games I play like FM13 and Civilization IV BTS (don't like Civ V) don't need a controller.

I'm hoping if I immerse myself with some Tomb Raider then I might forget about the gloom surrounding CCFC.......

ajsccfc

I never really got into the original series, but the most recent TR is fantastic. In my top 5 of the year for sure already.

Tad

Picking up some great indie games cheap :)

Marty

New games are up.

Fallout New vegas: £2.49
Hitman Absolution: £4.99

Deadlight looks very impressive and a bargain at £2.49

Marty

Kerbal Space Program - £10.79 - expensive for an indie game, but it's class.

Brighton Sky Blue

Trying to get a version of the old Brian Lara Cricket which I had on the PS1 which will work on Vista-hasn't been as good a cricket game since!

Marty

I used to love that game, in fact I still have a copy of it now.

Be warned if you're buying something from steam, It's seems every man and his dog are downloading something at the moment. Currently downloading at 1.2mbs. It's going to be a long wait. :(

ajsccfc

Codemasters have made a few decent cricket games more recently, although I don't know if the developer was the same as for the Brian Lara games.

ajsccfc

Be warned if you're buying something from steam, It's seems every man and his dog are downloading something at the moment. Currently downloading at 1.2mbs. It's going to be a long wait. :(

Yeah, I think I'm just going to buy and then leave it for another day to download. I've still got one or two games bought in Steam but not downloaded, so what's another in the queue I guess?

Brighton Sky Blue

Codemasters have made a few decent cricket games more recently, although I don't know if the developer was the same as for the Brian Lara games.

Having an absolute 'mare trying to just open the file (.rar) and have wasted time on downloading WinZip which doesn't open :mad:

ajsccfc

Got a cracking bargain when I got The Walking Dead for half price yesterday.

Cracked my brain a little to see it on sale for quarter price today.

Sky Blue Harry H

Far too old for this thread, I remember thinking the world had gone mad when I walked into The Queens Head, Cubbington and they had a sit down Space Invaders game:wave: I loved the late seventies (doc Martens, silk scarves, tiptoe through the West End....happy days!)

Users who are viewing this thread