Steven Gerrard to MK Dons (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Joe Cole from Villa to Cov and maybe Rowdies to Cov. Is there a difference ? He may be trying for his coaching badges or to keep his fitness.

Gaz

Imagine the media attention if Gerrard was appointed our manager

The opportunity to highlight our rubbish owners through the media would be there for sure

Pipehitterz

Never gonna happen. this c**t probably thinks he can play a half season at Liverpool.
Expect him to be signed just for the shirt sales Ffs

Terry Gibson's perm

We had a high profile player manager in Butcher and that worked out well:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Imagine the media attention if Gerrard was appointed our manager

The opportunity to highlight our rubbish owners through the media would be there for sure
Surely if they bagged him as a player manager it wouldnt be highlighting how bad they are?

Gaz

Surely if they bagged him as a player manager it wouldnt be highlighting how bad they are?

Wherever Gerrard ends up next will bring additional media attention for that club.

Any fan protests would also be picked up by that same media so it would highlight the general fans feeling about our shite owners
That would be good for us I think.

I don't think our owners would all of a sudden be looked at in a good way because they managed to bring in a once very good player for his first managers position.

Nick

Administrator
Wherever Gerrard ends up next will bring additional media attention for that club.

Any fan protests would also be picked up by that same media so it would highlight the general fans feeling about our shite owners

I don't think our owners would all of a sudden be looked at in a good way because they managed to bring in a once very good player for his first managers position.
Like Joe Cole signing?

It's weird that the first thought would be protest opportunity rather than would he be a good manager for us

Gaz

like Joe Cole signing??

No I think it's anything but weird for the first thought to be the media attention around Gerrard could be useful in highlighting the owners and how bad they run our club.

I don't believe the club will ever move forward under there ownership so my first thought is about them leaving.

Is that ok with you Nick?

You seem to have real issue with my opinion and I always thought the forum was about people with different views

Nick

Administrator
like Joe Cole signing??

No I think it's anything but weird for the first thought to be the media attention around Gerrard could be useful in highlighting the owners and how bad they run our club.

I don't believe the club will ever move forward under there ownership so my first thought is about them leaving.

Is that ok with you Nick?

You seem to have real issue with my opinion and I always thought the forum was about people with different views

Who have said a forum isn't for different views? Seems you are the one who doesn't like it that you try to spin that one.

If they got a big name line gerrard, it wouldn't highlight anything.

There was loads of media when Joe Cole first signed.

It just shows how people think, first thought is a protest rather than if it's going to help us win games. Not that I'm saying he would, but I wouldn't mind him at centre mid for a season or two.

Gaz

No one has said it

It's just that you clearly don't like my view and seem unable to just accept it then express your own, so you have to try to label it as weird

Seems an odd way to hold a discussion

If Gerrard did sign as our manager then there would be more media attention on our games so in my view it would highlight more about our club

Gerrard returning to England would be a far more bigger deal in the media than when Joe Cole came to us from a struggling Villa side

Gint11

It frustrates me this does. There's qualified managers out there who work hard and potentially a high profile player just walks into a role. In the same way a musician all of a sudden becomes a hollywood actor in front of thousands of hard working actors. It's not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky

If it does happen in the next few days their first opponents could be us on the 26th....odds on him bringing himself off the bench to score a 30 yard winner...?

Happy_Martian

It frustrates me this does. There's qualified managers out there who work hard and potentially a high profile player just walks into a role. In the same way a musician all of a sudden becomes a hollywood actor in front of thousands of hard working actors. It's not right.

Totally agree. Heard that Ryan Giggs wouldn't accept a managers job outside the Premiership. Guess its the way the players are brought up nowadays. Earning your apprenticeship and working up from the bottom don't exist today.

Terry Gibson's perm

Totally agree. Heard that Ryan Giggs wouldn't accept a managers job outside the Premiership. Guess its the way the players are brought up nowadays. Earning your apprenticeship and working up from the bottom don't exist today.

I hope Giggs likes working on the tv then as he will be doing that for a while.

stupot07

Alan Curbishley and Martin Allen were pretty funny when they discussed this on highlights show last night.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Gaz. Change your signature! We're no longer "Tony Mowbray's Sky Blue Army". :D

Gaz

Gaz. Change your signature! We're no longer "Tony Mowbray's Sky Blue Army". :D
Yes, one of many things I need to get round to lol
Still havnt done the odd jobs list from the Mrs and I know she'll be wanting a Christmas tree putting up soon ... oh the joys of life

Users who are viewing this thread