Stoke interested in Chris Camwell - Camwell Signs New Contract Thread! (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

IMG_4690.png

SkyBlueCRJ

Great signing. It's important we don't continuously use our academy as a fire sale as it's highly possible that in 2/3 years time players such as Camwell could develop into a real stars. Not sure where this leaves Haynes, however. Personally would prefer he signs along with Camwell as I wouldn't feel totally safe with just Stokes ahead of him. So I do think we need more cover. CCFC wouldn't want the mistake of throwing him into the deep-end as we have done previously with many of our graduates and ultimately damage his career if things don't go well....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Harry H

. Good signing. Him and Stokes for left back seems ample to me (if Haynes goes). We seem to be putting together a grittier (rather than prettier) squad, which will hopefully be what is needed in this league.Time will tell. His value can only increase, too.

Adge

This was all a big publicity game from his agent to get him a better deal with Coventry, fair play to his agent as he was originally offered a wage you could not live on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. He was always going to stay.

junglej13

Not actually sure how important him signing a new deal is. The way compensation is worked out I think his value would be the same whether he's under contract or not.

smileycov

Facebook User
Not actually sure how important him signing a new deal is. The way compensation is worked out I think his value would be the same whether he's under contract or not.
Surely if under contract a fee is required? If not then that is when compensation comes in. So it is important. Plus we keep another talent at the club.

shmmeee

Big clubs do still have to buy kids under contract, for now anyway.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think contracts have become more of a bargaining tool. The inks not even dry on his new two year contract and we all know that if Stoke really want him, they can afford the fee to buy him tomorrow.
On the upside, I do think it's refreshing to see us signing players for two years rather than loans or one year contracts. Gives a bit more stability for both parties.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've never heard of this lad . If he hasn't played in the first team yet how can anyone say he's better than......as good as....a replacement for ? He's a completely unknown quantity .

procdoc

Can he still play on a Sunday? ;)
Funnily enough he comes to watch us play on Sundays and came to our presentation on Saturday night. I told him not to sign for Cov and just play on Sundays instead, he weren't interested in my offer for some reason!

CCFC_maddog

Can see him covering left back on the occasions that Stokes plays CB.

No, watched him a lot over the last couple of seasons, fantastic going forward. Big issue is 1 v 1 where 9 times out of 10 he gets beat. I think once Robins sees a bit more of him he will see that he may have over rated him.

dongonzalos

No, watched him a lot over the last couple of seasons, fantastic going forward. Big issue is 1 v 1 where 9 times out of 10 he gets beat. I think once Robins sees a bit more of him he will see that he may have over rated him.

That's not good to hear

Sky Blue Harry H

Same as Ryan Haynes then, but younger and should improve.

CCFC_maddog

I think all the new pros are very good, if I were to put them in order of best potential to least potential, the 2 you mention would certainly be at the top, followed by Thomson, Hickman, Ford then Camwell - what's your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread