Stokes signs... (1 Viewer)

mark82

28 Day loan deal is not a signing.
Desperation or what ?
I guess he couldn't make the Forest Green Rovers first team but he can make ours :facepalm:
Am I really paying for this garbage.

As you've obviously seen him play, can you tell us some more?

standupforcity

28 Day loan deal is not a signing.
Desperation or what ?
I guess he couldn't make the Forest Green Rovers first team but he can make ours :facepalm:
Am I really paying for this garbage.

So he doesn't have to sign anything if it's a loan deal? Interesting....

Chez78

I haven't seen him play but i I didn't see McQuoid play either and I knew he was shit before seeing him play.

woody11462

He was meant to be watched in the friendly this week that was cancelled. It's a 28 day loan and gives Pressley more chance to look at him as there was allegedly other clubs interested. Not gonna be on a lot so not gonna cost us to much and we are short at the back. If he signs permanently after this then we have gained, it he doesn't we haven't lost anything.

FRY-CCFC

FGR fans view

Stokesy is a great player but he obviously never featured in the manager's plans. Easily the best left-sided defender we have had in recent years. The one chance he had recently he started the game on the right of midfield, until the midfielder playing in his preferred position was injured and he moved back to defence...go figure!​

skybluebeduff

He was meant to be watched in the friendly this week that was cancelled. It's a 28 day loan and gives Pressley more chance to look at him as there was allegedly other clubs interested. Not gonna be on a lot so not gonna cost us to much and we are short at the back. If he signs permanently after this then we have gained, it he doesn't we haven't lost anything.

Apart from dropping into relegation because we gambled on a non league player during our most crucial period of the season, any goals conceded today that come from their right wing, this lad will be a scapegoat for it.

rob9872

Or hr could turn out to be like Danny Fix who I hadn't heard of and signed from lower league. Never any guarantees in football and could be useless, but lets give the lad a chance. Les Ferdinand and Ian wright were non league, I can't think qpr fans and palace fans were thriller when they first signed.

Chez78

Or hr could turn out to be like Danny Fix who I hadn't heard of and signed from lower league. Never any guarantees in football and could be useless, but lets give the lad a chance. Les Ferdinand and Ian wright were non league, I can't think qpr fans and palace fans were thriller when they first signed.

Whilst I'm calling him shite he will always have my support never been once for booing players, for the record we signed Danny Fox from Walsall and I had heard of him before he signed mainly due to a couple of Walsall fans working at my place.

woody11462

Apart from dropping into relegation because we gambled on a non league player during our most crucial period of the season, any goals conceded today that come from their right wing, this lad will be a scapegoat for it.

I'm not sure if he will start as Willis has done OK on the left. Not likely to be match fit. But I suppose your point stands, we are always looking for the next scape goat so if he f***s up he doesn't stand a chance.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No problem with signing the lad but what's the point in another loan? We have 6 now which means we have to leave one player out every week.

FRY-CCFC

I asked the guy if he thought he could make the step up:

I might be biased but I would have to say that he is. He has been a bit unfortunate with injuries but left footed, left sided defenders are hardly ten a penny. It appears that he has been lured to Coventry by Dave Hockaday, who had brought him to Rovers in the first place, a coach under whom he certainly improved as a player. If Hockaday can work his magic a second time then I see no reason why he shouldn't make a good go of it with Coventry.

Noggin

of course if he does well in his 28 day loan and proves he can make the step up then someone else will probably offer him more and we'll lose him, Makes it hard to see an upside weather he is any good or not.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Ah I remember the last LB we plucked from non-league obscurity, hungry for the game wanting a chance to prove himself, fantastic attitude...what was his name again?

italiahorse

I'm applying common sense.
A young lad not able to get into a team in the Conference expected to drop into a team leaking goals and no midfield capable of accepting a ball off him other than pass it back to him.
Good luck to him and I hope you come on here tonight and rub his performance in my face :)

hill83

I'm applying common sense.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

We used to send loan players to Nuneaton know we have to borrow players from the mighty Forest Green.

ajsccfc

We used to wait for players to actually play before we condemned them as worthless pieces of shit.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can understand why people are a little bit negative on this signing Pressley and Waggott hardly have brilliant records at bringing players in.

georgehudson

as far as SW has said, he negotiates with the players to come in after a perusal of lists supplied by SP;
therefore SW should be responsible for the signings

Nick

Administrator
as far as SW has said, he negotiates with the players to come in after a perusal of lists supplied by SP;
therefore SW should be responsible for the signings

But if you go by that, he gets a list from SP so SP must have said he wants them? Then he deals with them contract wise.

Users who are viewing this thread