Stokes Training Again (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What's wrong with 'group'? Not like he's calling them 'staff' is it ;)

Great news either way. We need him to rescue our defence

Just a bit Pressleyeqsue.

I guess he would need 2 or 3 under 23 games and then a couple of games on the bench.

Probably end of January - February.

torchomatic

Brilliant news.

torchomatic

torchomatic

End of the season. Unless he's already got something lined up I'd imagine he would want to get himself in the shop window.

I would think he would probably want to stay. We gave him his break in the FL and have been good to him for the last year.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would think Stokes will have a good look around him and see what our 'leaders' do. If I were him and saw no direction or positivity, why would he want to stay? Pains me to say it, but if there are any other offers out there (better than we offer) he'll go. (depressed me typing this - I've changed my mind - he'll stay, get us into mid-table and help lift the Checkatrade cup at Wembley - that's better!)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is bizzare. He was out on the grass weeks ago. Probably:

1) He was on the list to be sold and therefore wasn't playing, but now Slade has insited to SISU that he needs him.

2) He is on the list to be sold, and by claiming he is back from injury, makes him attractive to any potential buyers again.

3) He genuinely had a setback, and will be playing for us again soon.

torchomatic

Not sure who would be after him, to be honest.

torchomatic

bawtryneal

Rotherham on twitter

I went to the Rotherham v Burton game last night and they are desperate for defensive cover. Stokes would fit in well and would be a good player for them next year in League 1. They will also pay on average 25% more than Coventry in League 1.

Captain Dart

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

torchomatic

I went to the Rotherham v Burton game last night and they are desperate for defensive cover. Stokes would fit in well and would be a good player for them next year in League 1. They will also pay on average 25% more than Coventry in League 1.

Did Sordell come on?

Grendel

I cannot believe anyone will pay for a player in January when they have just recovered from a serious injury, had one season in the league and will be available free in May.

Especially when the club interested are relegation certainties.

Burton clearly don't pay more unless beavon fancied a pay cut.

torchomatic

I cannot believe anyone will pay for a player in January when they have just recovered from a serious injury, had one season in the league and will be available free in May.

Especially when the club interested are relegation certainties.

Burton clearly don't pay more unless beavon fancied a pay cut.

I agree, I could be wrong obviously, but I can't imagine who would sign a player with one years' league experience and who has been injured for a year. If it was us doing it, then the board would go into meltdown!

Grendel

I agree, I could be wrong obviously, but I can't imagine who would sign a player with one years' league experience and who has been injured for a year. If it was us doing it, then the board would go into meltdown!

It went into meltdown when we signed a forest green reserve which showed how we'd fallen and how disgusting it was such a shite player was getting a game ahead of wonder kid Ryan Haynes

I've forgotten that guys name now.

torchomatic

It went into meltdown when we signed a forest green reserve which showed how we'd fallen and how disgusting it was such a shite player was getting a game ahead of wonder kid Ryan Haynes

I've forgotten that guys name now.

Yes, I remember that. "Is this how low we've come", etc. Same phrase is being used with Stevenson and Brentford.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Great news on Stokes' imminent return to fitness. My favourite player last season.

In the context of Stokes "imminent" could anything up to 3 months. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread