Striker in the pipeline? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Coventry City announce ninth signing of the summer - and there's set to be a 10th

Despite rumours on social media, the Telegraph understands no further signings are imminent.

But the world of football is a strange place and things can change at any moment

Translating to, "we are just pressing refresh like everybody else".

RoboCCFC90

Translating to, "we are just pressing refresh like everybody else".

Tbh they might as well of said "We don't have a clue" would have been more accurate.

skyblueinBaku

cant tell if this is a good joke about mcgoldrick or just forgetting history
I don't understand this post, CC4L. Didn't McGoldrick score enough goals for you?

no_loyalty

I'm still hoping we sign Reuben Reid, I think he would bang in the goals for us

Gazolba

<snip>
moral of story lets stop discounting our current strikers as not being able to score enough goals
None of our current strikers has been prolific at any club they have ever played at.
Biamou is from non-league and is a complete unknown quantity.
We'll just have to wait and see if they can deliver.

covcity4life

None of our current strikers has been prolific at any club they have ever played at.
And mcgoldrixk had not been.prolific either

Alkhen

So prior to signing for us.

McGoldrick had 29 goals in 170 apps
McNulty had 62 goals in 178 apps

st john

So prior to signing for us.

McGoldrick had 29 goals in 170 apps
McNulty had 62 goals in 178 apps
Interestingly McNulty scored 10 in 27 for Portsmouth in L2, and 8 of those appearances were as sub, so some could have been only a few minutes. On that form its not impossible to imagine 20 goals from him next season.

Cavan O'Doherty

Interestingly McNulty scored 10 in 27 for Portsmouth in L2, and 8 of those appearances were as sub, so some could have been only a few minutes. On that form its not impossible to imagine 20 goals from him next season.
Yes also in a team that tended not to score many goals. They relied on goals from many areas not just the strikers. Should do well for us if he's given the right service.

luwalla

Are this stats correct... if they are then what are we worried about we found our star striker for next season, one goal every 2.7 is fair ratio, but when you factor in the subs thing that's gotta be almost a goal every other game!

Alkhen

Are this stats correct... if they are then what are we worried about we found our star striker for next season, one goal every 2.7 is fair ratio, but when you factor in the subs thing that's gotta be almost a goal every other game!

As I posted before plenty of Pompey fans were bemused as to why they didnt try and sign him. given games and service he will score goals in Lg2

st john

According to Soccerbase, the stats are correct. He also scored 10 for Sheff U in 40 appearances, of which 27 were from the bench. Not as good a ratio but in a higher division and over 3 seasons so he didn't get a good run.
Didn't do so well at Bradford but only 5 starts out of 15.
I think he will do well for us if we can give him the service as Alkhen says
Marc McNulty | Football Stats | Coventry City | Age 24 | Soccer Base

Cavan O'Doherty

Could Nicky Ajose be a possibility? Rumours saying Charlton are willing to let him go for free. Even if they weren't the fee wouldn't be too high.

Nonleagueherewecome

did people think McGoldrick was guaranteed goals? Im pretty sure people were negative about his previous record.

I do remember the buzz of anticipation when we secured Freddy Eastwood mind :S

The supposed bad reception that McGoldrick's signing got seems to get greater in magnitude on here with every passing year. I remember it as a couple of posters being a bit negative, but that was about it. I was pretty chuffed, he was rated in general in the game and had been played out wide too much at his previous clubs, which were both a bit of a train wreck at the time and badly managed!

hill83

The supposed bad reception that McGoldrick's signing got seems to get greater in magnitude on here with every passing year. I remember it as a couple of posters being a bit negative, but that was about it. I was pretty chuffed, he was rated in general in the game and had been played out wide too much at his previous clubs, which were both a bit of a train wreck at the time and badly managed!

I remember 25000 people marching into town protesting at him signing for us. Flags and photoshopped pictures. The works.

Alkhen

I was chuffed too when we got him, I do remember rumbles of discontent but that was my point. You never know what you're going to get. McG came good from a poor record. I was surprised to see so many on here almost disregard McNulty as a fringe or backup player even though he has a better record than most strikers we've signed in recent years

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread