Strikers told to they need to improve (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

25u30p4.jpg
Strikers told to they need to improve
We were very good and professional in lots of areas. Our centre-halves were terrific, but I thought the front two were nowhere near as good as they can be. We did enough to win the game but you have to judge people on the ability they’ve got, how good they can be, and we didn’t get that from them."
“They’ve set themselves high standards and they dipped from that at Scunthorpe so they certainly owe us one on Saturday, if selected and they need to make sure they perform to their best.”
Boothroyd confirmed that the goal, credited as a Murphy own goal after a King shot rebounded off the post onto Murphy and into the net, boosted King's confidence.
“It’s a weight off his mind,” said Boothroyd, “that goal has done him a world of good and another one would do even more for his confidence. Marlon would say it was never a problem but I know him better than that and I know that all strikers want to be scoring goals."
“I’ve even known some who don’t mind if the team lose as long as they score, that’s how selfish they can be. He’s not one of them, I’m glad to say, and he will put in a shift for the team whether or not he scores.”
Coventry go into Saturday's home game against struggling Middlesbrough looking to make it three wins on the trot, which would be for the first time in four year a Sky Blues side has managed that, but Boothroyd is in optimistic mood.
“That would be good,” he said. “We look to win every game we play in, but keeping a clean sheet is obviously the first priority and that starts from the front.It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that if you keep clean sheets and score goals you’ll win games.
"I didn’t realise it was that long since we had three in succession but we’re starting to break little records like that as we go along.”

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i wonder what the borough fans are thining about todays game, if the front 2 can play the way they can today well batter them.

Users who are viewing this thread