Strong flavours (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

So as I get older I find myself liking olives, blue cheese... bourbons.

All things I wouldn't have touched when I were a lad.

So is it a natural process of ageing? Will there be other things I found sour or bitter that I'll start liking? (and no, not Katie Hopkins)

covmark

I used to hate peppers until I was about 25, even the smell used to make me gip. I'm now 35 and I can't get enough of them. Weird!

Otis

So as I get older I find myself liking olives, blue cheese... bourbons.

All things I wouldn't have touched when I were a lad.

So is it a natural process of ageing? Will there be other things I found sour or bitter that I'll start liking? (and no, not Katie Hopkins)
You lose a sense of taste by degree as you get older, so I think your pallette can therefore more readily accept stronger flavours.

mechaishida

Oh I agree, definitely, I was a fussy little shithouse with food right up until I was about 32: I still won't touch egg whites or sp...sprrr...SPROUTS *twitch*, but mostly I tend to enjoy stronger flavours generally.

I tell you, there's a farmer up this way that make the definitively extra strong cheddar...there's no going back after you've tried it, wow. Also, I now eat Bavarian smoked cheese with cured Black Forest ham on rye bread now...that's a strong flavour-fest, I assure you.

wingy

Nearly gone full circle on the Alcohol front
Started on Manns Brown (yuck what my old man called a weaning drink) and bitters through to lagers then Guinness through the forties
Now find over the last five years or so the taste for bitters returned.

Otis

Nearly gone full circle on the Alcohol front
Started on Manns Brown (yuck what my old man called a weaning drink) and bitters through to lagers then Guinness through the forties
Now find over the last five years or so the taste for bitters returned.

I always had you down as a bitter man, Wingy,

Users who are viewing this thread