Stuart Beavon (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How many people will write him off by 5pm......

What people need to remember is that we've not signed the 20+ goal scorer here in Stuart Beavon it's all his other attributes he's gonna bring.

A big piece of the jigsaw...

It's going to be an improvement to see somebody run at their goalie with intent when they have a backpass.

Nick

Administrator
Oh dear Nick **need the facepalm emoji back**

I had just woken up!

giphy.gif

ceetee

I'm hearing he chases the game down from the front, this can is good. Defend from the front, make the opposition defence make mistakes.

One thing I've observed from yesterday is Peterborough started most there moves from there defence as Tudgay didn't press. This allowed them to get to the half way line leaving us camped deep in our own half.
Tudgay doesn't press, he prefers to play deep.

That's why he shouldn't be played as a lone striker

steve82

One thing is with the Beavon signing... I see no role for Tudgay now. ( I hear cheers....) as Beavon plays a similar role I believe, and depending on formation if he goes with 4141 then Tudgay don't fit, even if we switch between 442/4141 depending on if we're breaking or defending or start with a 442... there's no role.
I do however feel George Thomas may benefit if he goes 442 playing Thomas close to Beavon in a target man style.

Captain Dart

Oh dear Nick **need the facepalm emoji back**
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: here is a temporary supply, phone if you run out before we restock.
:p

SlowerThanPlatt

He played really well today against two physical Bolton defenders. I can see him creating a lot of chances with his clever and instinctive forward play, seems like a good decision from Slade based on today

Terry Gibson's perm

He did well but needs a partner who he can create the space for Tudgay although he scored and did probably have his best game for us was still hopeless and George Thomas runs around but will never score.

Gaz

Beavon was really impressive
what a performance and contribution today

And to top it off he's not a loan player

Nick

Administrator
He did well but needs a partner who he can create the space for Tudgay although he scored and did probably have his best game for us was still hopeless and George Thomas runs around but will never score.
Thought today he could do with a beast up front with him.

Astute

Why are so many people upset about his age. Not like players stick around for more than a couple of years these days.
He could be 56 for all I care. Just as long as his legs haven't gone. And by the sound of it he should have at least a couple of years left in him. Just long enough to get us into the Premiership ;)

Nick

Administrator
He was what I'd hoped he'd be. Made me chuckle, that last tackle before he went off - he was completely knackered - gave it everything today. The goal he set up was even more creditwothy than the one he scored IMHO.
Certainly put everything into it. Just need him a partner and a run of games.

johnwillomagic

Pleasantly surprised how well he has done on debut - Tudguy and Beavon both scored as front two which you would be more than happy with at start of a match.
Played 4-4-2 at last......
Played Tudguy in a front two at last and had a good game and scored
Nathan Clarke looks an old fashioned commanding centre half.
Page and Willis to come back.

One thing I will say if we can get money for him moving Stevenson may be good business? Reilly and Rose are tougher centre mid pairing and we have bigi
on bench - I got mocked for this before but still think Stevenson could do ok at right mid in preference to George Thomas. Tbh I would like Jones and Reid on both flanks but I would be interested to see how Stevenson fared at right mid.

Some encouraging signs all in all let's hope we can press on now! PUSB

Grendel

Come on - tudgay wasn't hopeless. He linked up play well and looked far more comfortable with a forward beside him. He was battling all game and no one can deny his good contribution today.

Otis

Thought Tudgay played very well today. Held the ball up well, linked play, was a constant nuisance and got a foot in too.

Think he thrived on being captain.

steve82

A great game from Stuart Beavon gave us everything we were told about him.. work rate, commitment, a outlet, a assist and a goal!!

Uses his body well against big defenders too, uses him experience wisely

Terry Gibson's perm

Come on - tudgay wasn't hopeless. He linked up play well and looked far more comfortable with a forward beside him. He was battling all game and no one can deny his good contribution today.

So it was a good contribution for Tudgay but for a normal footballer? We need a real striker who will score goals he got one today when would his next come about March he doesn't get in the box to score as he doesn't have the pace or awareness today was a one off. Next you will be telling me that Ryan Haynes has got good positional sense.

lifeskyblue

I have been critical of tudgay this season but today he had a pretty good game. I would rather we had someone with a bit more strength to play alongside beavon but tudgay linked play and held it up well today ...and he scored.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

I said earlier that I didn't see how Tudgay and Beavon could play together as I thought they were similar in style. Well... I don't no much... it worked, well for today at least. 2 strikers scoring, cannot argue with that.
Not sure it would be the long term plan come February/March. I think RS is using him wisely to gain momentum while he wheels and deals to form his side.

I also said George Thomas will shine under RS I think he will be used more as the season goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread