Stuart Beavon (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

If this was the start of the season I'd be very excited about the future. After today, I feel whole lot better about things anyway...apart from that cretin with the whistle!

theferret

I also said George Thomas will shine under RS I think he will be used more as the season goes on.

Two encouraging performances from him. Would be really glad to be proved wrong because I had written him off earlier in the season. Has proved he can be quite effective and a nuisance. Would be good to see him bag a couple to boost his confidence. Was is Thomas who scored the offside goal? Couldn't see clearly from where I was. Was it the correct decision (from those with a better view)?

Nick

Administrator
Two encouraging performances from him. Would be really glad to be proved wrong because I had written him off earlier in the season. Has proved he can be quite effective and a nuisance. Would be good to see him bag a couple to boost his confidence. Was is Thomas who scored the offside goal? Couldn't see clearly from where I was. Was it the correct decision (from those with a better view)?

Yeah it was Thomas, didn't see the offside bit though :(

At the start of the season he was too bulky and nowhere near as mobile as he is now.

lifeskyblue

Yes it was Thomas and yes he was offside.
Like others I thought he has played well recently. Yesterday he put a good shift in and contributed both going forward and back. He is a young kid and will improve a lot with game time and good coaching. I'm sure slade is working with him on a number of points. For me he has to work on his runs...when and how to make space, timing and whether he should run towards or away from the ball.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevelfarandwide

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Beavon had a superb debut and really showed us what a bullying, fit, determined centre forward can do.

I'm always cautious when praising players and lauding their potential future efforts based on a very good debut...if he does the business for months to come, great, but we still need more players in.

KG7

From where I sat in block 21 Thomas looked well onside and I was shocked when the lino put his flag up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Beavon: about time we had a terrier with energy and not a energized headless chicken like O'Brien. Beavon obviously has skill and can finish and has a footballing brain. Let's hope it the start of many great performances.

ajsccfc

One positive from the game yesterday is that both our goals were created thanks to individual moments of quality from Beavon and Haynes. Having the capacity to create goals rather than hope they're gifted to you is promising.

Nick

Administrator
One positive from the game yesterday is that both our goals were created thanks to individual moments of quality from Beavon and Haynes. Having the capacity to create goals rather than hope they're gifted to you is promising.

Yeah, that first one was out of a long ball hoofed up to him from nowhere.

We have really missed things like that.

hopesprings

Beavon: about time we had a terrier with energy and not a energized headless chicken like O'Brien. Beavon obviously has skill and can finish and has a footballing brain. Let's hope it the start of many great performances.
Is he any relation to the Stuart Beavon that played for Reading back in the 80's? If he is half as good as him we will be very lucky ..

ajsccfc

Yeah, that first one was out of a long ball hoofed up to him from nowhere.

We have really missed things like that.

Seeing him outleap the defender was impressive enough, the composure to pick out the cross as well was great and tallied up with the positive stuff Burton fans were saying.

Credit to Reid for heading back across goal too, his decision making at times was horrendous but he nailed it then.

trevelfarandwide

Users who are viewing this thread