Stuart Linnell should be sacked (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

My concern is what experience have the fans got about running a football club?
Don't think that the Trust if that is who you mean by fans have any ideas about running the football club. having said that one of the senior members if i can call him that has ran a far bigger organisation than a football club.

torchomatic

Naive? I don't think I'm being naive. The Trust have stated what their aims are. As a Trust member I want to know how they will get there. It's OK you saying that "they nearly have enough for the Higgs' share" but not every member is going to put a grand in. I can't afford to give them a £1K.

They are a pressure group on behalf of the fans to appeal to all sides to do what is right for the club.

If you didn't know this when you joined then you are as naive as Geoffery Robinson signing a rental agreement.

torchomatic

But not a football club. Which is one of your criticisms of SISU.

... having said that one of the senior members if i can call him that has ran a far bigger organisation than a football club.

Nick

Administrator
Don't think that the Trust if that is who you mean by fans have any ideas about running the football club. having said that one of the senior members if i can call him that has ran a far bigger organisation than a football club.

So what does he know about running a football club?

shmmeee

About as much as Sisu. Haskell the fourth or whatever his name is, or for that matter Roman Abramivic pre Chelsea.

What's really that hard? Most are run abysmally and survive.

coundonskyblue

Naive? I don't think I'm being naive. The Trust have stated what their aims are. As a Trust member I want to know how they will get there. It's OK you saying that "they nearly have enough for the Higgs' share" but not every member is going to put a grand in. I can't afford to give them a £1K.

I don't think they've ever said their priority is to own the club, more just to influence it.

I should have said fans put in an average of £1k each.

Grendel

I don't think they have enough (at the moment) to buy the club either.

I think they should go for the Higgs Ricoh share.

Given that we actually have insufficient people to stump up £300 a year to actually watch the club play 23 games the notion people will gladly toss away £1,000 is the stuff of make believe.

Would love to see it - SISU can blow millions and we expect them to turf more in. Once people have chucked in a grand after a couple of weeks Mr SBT will say - "sorry lads I need another grand pronto" - why not? It's the only "investment" you would see in this club.

Higgs wouldn't sell as the Trust has zero assets it makes SISU look credible. No assets, no clear strategy and no future earnings.

coundonskyblue

Given that we actually have insufficient people to stump up £300 a year to actually watch the club play 23 games the notion people will gladly toss away £1,000 is the stuff of make believe.

Would love to see it - SISU can blow millions and we expect them to turf more in. Once people have chucked in a grand after a couple of weeks Mr SBT will say - "sorry lads I need another grand pronto" - why not? It's the only "investment" you would see in this club.

Higgs wouldn't sell as the Trust has zero assets it makes SISU look credible. No assets, no clear strategy and no future earnings.

Actually we have about 5k people willing to put £300 in.

Why would the Higgs only sell to someone with Assets? Im struggling to understand your logic with this. If I have £100k in cash and I'm buying a £100k house, would the estate agent care less what 'assets' I have?

torchomatic

I'm struggling to understand why the Trust shouldn't have been questioned by Linnell. is it basically because well, it was Linnell?

Grendel

Actually we have about 5k people willing to put £300 in.

Why would the Higgs only sell to someone with Assets? Im struggling to understand your logic with this. If I have £100k in cash and I'm buying a £100k house, would the estate agent care less what 'assets' I have?

They have a responsibility to sell to a body that is sustainable. Also one that would express a consistent view with a strategy to deploy. Their would have to be a board of directors voted by shareholders the shares wi not be evenly distributed as some will put in more than others.

I also canof see what owning the share does for you anyway what would you do with it?

Colin1883

I'm struggling to understand why the Trust shouldn't have been questioned by Linnell. is it basically because well, it was Linnell?

If you do have a question all you get is.... Portsmouth this Swansea that... When what we want to know is ... What is the battle plan for ccfc? ...

coundonskyblue

They have a responsibility to sell to a body that is sustainable. Also one that would express a consistent view with a strategy to deploy. Their would have to be a board of directors voted by shareholders the shares wi not be evenly distributed as some will put in more than others.

I also canof see what owning the share does for you anyway what would you do with it?

I wouldn't care what it would do for me, I would do it for the good of the club.

The Ricoh (under normal circumstances) is self sustainable. Even if it isn't the council would still have ultimate control.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't care what it would do for me, I would do it for the good of the club.

The Ricoh (under normal circumstances) is self sustainable. Even if it isn't the council would still have ultimate control.

What would happen when more money was needed though?

psgm1

Banned
I don't think they've ever said their priority is to own the club, more just to influence it.

I should have said fans put in an average of £1k each.

The trust stated when they first began, that they wanted to jump in ONLY if all other efforts to save the club failed.

Now the goal is to get influence on the board!

This is a MASSIVE difference in objectives!

They are in effect trying to get people to invest to get ONE person on the board, so as I see it, they no longer have any plans to act as "last resort".

When it initially started airing their idea, there were people going to ridiculous extremes to justify themselves, and how they were "the only ones doing anything" etc.

Do we REALLY want to fork out a significant amount of money just to get ONE voice on the board?

Surely they have a voice already with the Consultative Group?

Why should they get any more stronger a voice than anyone else?

Surely a share issue amongst the fans would be far better, rather than just in effect having an additional board member!

It would allow any perspective owner to get valuable additional income to help invest in the team, it would allow significantly more people to have their say, rather than just one bloke - and questionable credentials (in that I mean they haven't paid into the club, but merely been given the position on the board for free).

Personally, if possible it would be great if we could somehow persuade Ranson back in some capacity. Whilst he was here, therer was definitely progress being made. Sure there were mistakes, buit just look at the players brought in under him.

Had the board supported Ranson, and followed his plan, then I imagine we would have been pushing for Prem status (if not already there!)

Instead for whatever reason they paniced, and changed the policy, and we are where we are.

Don't forget Ranson left and GAVE away a company worth over £5m - it was enough to allow the team to finish the season.

Whether he will come back - probably not, but we need someone who GENUINELY knows about football, rather than some random guy who has got there becasue he has shouted the loudest! Hardly basis for giving them a say in running the club!

sisu out

James Smith

The first thing that the Trust would have to do is get Ltd company first unless they are planning on waiting until the restriction on the sale of the charity share. That would be a hell of a long time for the Ltd to be in administration.

lordsummerisle

Are you suggesting that the Trust buys the Higgs Share and then gives it to the football club?

Grendel

The trust stated when they first began, that they wanted to jump in ONLY if all other efforts to save the club failed.

Now the goal is to get influence on the board!

This is a MASSIVE difference in objectives!

They are in effect trying to get people to invest to get ONE person on the board, so as I see it, they no longer have any plans to act as "last resort".

When it initially started airing their idea, there were people going to ridiculous extremes to justify themselves, and how they were "the only ones doing anything" etc.

Do we REALLY want to fork out a significant amount of money just to get ONE voice on the board?

Surely they have a voice already with the Consultative Group?

Why should they get any more stronger a voice than anyone else?

Surely a share issue amongst the fans would be far better, rather than just in effect having an additional board member!

It would allow any perspective owner to get valuable additional income to help invest in the team, it would allow significantly more people to have their say, rather than just one bloke - and questionable credentials (in that I mean they haven't paid into the club, but merely been given the position on the board for free).

Personally, if possible it would be great if we could somehow persuade Ranson back in some capacity. Whilst he was here, therer was definitely progress being made. Sure there were mistakes, buit just look at the players brought in under him.

Had the board supported Ranson, and followed his plan, then I imagine we would have been pushing for Prem status (if not already there!)

Instead for whatever reason they paniced, and changed the policy, and we are where we are.

Don't forget Ranson left and GAVE away a company worth over £5m - it was enough to allow the team to finish the season.

Whether he will come back - probably not, but we need someone who GENUINELY knows about football, rather than some random guy who has got there becasue he has shouted the loudest! Hardly basis for giving them a say in running the club!

sisu out

Will he bring Coleman back?

I'm writing a cheques as I speak.....

lordsummerisle

No, just the income streams 'as they see fit'.

Ah, so The Trust holds the club hostage rather than ACL then?

So depends on the whims of the membership how much you will allow the club "as you see fit"?

Fucking hell, that comment alone, if you're one of the members of the Trust, is a reason why it should be allowed nowhere near any responsibility.

You're really not doing them any favours.

Grendel

No, just the income streams 'as they see fit'.

Who would make that decision? I'd give £1,000 if I new the share would go immediately to the club FOC.

rupert_bear

psgm1 Please don't confuse or compare the consultative group with the Trust, now that consultative group really are an undemocratic bunch with little more than a fanny full of members who when their spokesman comes on radio and talks as if he represents the population of Coventry

rupert_bear

So depends on the whims of the membership how much you will allow the club "as you see fit"?

Fucking hell, that comment alone, if you're one of the members of the Trust, is a reason why it should be allowed nowhere near any responsibility.

But couldn't any owner of any part of the Ricoh hold the club hostage as you describe. Someone has to run it and providing they are accountable why not a fans group, can't be worse than what we have had in recent years.

Grendel

But couldn't any owner of any part of the Ricoh hold the club hostage as you describe. Someone has to run it and providing they are accountable why not a fans group, can't be worse than what we have had in recent years.

A fans group who share the views and aims of season ticket holders like me and torchmatic? Would you agree with that?

coundonskyblue

That is my personal opinion.

Why should the fans not control the clubs fate?

Users who are viewing this thread