Summer Deals (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

Would love to have Bullard but I think we will only get free transfers. But would like to see Adam Le fondre, Danny Green and Joe murphy at the ricoh

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Does anyone know how much thorn is even getting to spend in the summer? wed be lucky to have a million to spend?

skyblue_rich

Rumours are that AT will have the same budget as AB, so around half a million, since AB only bought platt and lukas. Le fondre and green would both be gambles but I trust thorns eye for a bargain

Rumours are that AT will have the same budget as AB, so around half a million, since AB only bought platt and lukas. Le fondre and green would both be gambles but I trust thorns eye for a bargain

Where'd you get that from?

skyblue_rich

I meant that Bullard wages would be too high for us, and it's just my personal opinion to replace Gunnar and marlon. Wouldn't mind kevin Phillips since he has played for nearly all the other midlands clubs.

kg82

I meant that Bullard wages would be too high for us, and it's just my personal opinion to replace Gunnar and marlon. Wouldn't mind kevin Phillips since he has played for nearly all the other midlands clubs.

Blues might still want him next season the rate they're going at!

skyblue_rich

Phillips would be good for a year, and is a top goal scorer, his positioning is still class. Never seen this macdonald play so not sure. But we defo need some pace in our squad especially in the midfield, all of them are too static

kg82

Philip's legs will go very soon, he cant go on for much longer. I think pace is important, so maybe this mcdonald from norwich..

Actually I'd disagree with that. When we played them in the cup he was my man of the match. His movement was quality. He's still got it and I'd say probably will for another couple of years!

But we defo need some pace in our squad especially in the midfield, all of them are too static

Surely then you dont want bullard? I would personally like to see clingan defensive mid and bullard at the point, with 2 quicker midfielder inbetween. But striker still takes priority for me.

Sky Blue Tom

I don't agree that the midfield is to static, I think thorn will get the best out of carl baker who will be amazing for us next season, aswell as sammy clingan and hopefully gunnar too!

skyblue_rich

I wouldn't have baker in my midfield. And clingam and bell are too slow. I assume Gunnar is going to leave so if we are going to sign another midfielder I would prefer if they had pace, or if they were a class player like bullard

Knowledge

Bear in mind, the transfer budget isn't related to fee's alone, the overall budget given to the manager includes salary/bonuses etc and is worked out overall for the year. Hence Boothroyd spent most of his on carsley and King.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Whether Clingan is too slow (ur opinion Rich, not mine, which your entitled to) or not, he suits the way Thorn wants us to play and was outstanding for the last run of games under Thorn.

Baker just doesnt cut it for me. This shown when he replaced macca when he got injured. Macca is an average player himself, but he def suited the role they were being asked to play more than Baker did. Ihope he proves me wrong next season though!

Last edited:

skyblue_rich

Agree that clingam is a good passer and overall a very good championship midfielder, and that position is made for him since he doesn't now look too exposed for pace as he did under AB when him and carsley played together. Agree with your on baker, he has the skill but can't use it effectively, perhaps league 1 is his level, hope I'm wrong tbh

skyblue_rich

Andros Townsend is another player I was very impressed with as well as mkandawire, when they played for millwall against us. Isn't neil dannes also available for a free?

Sutty

We paid money for Keogh, Platt and Jutkiewicz in the Summer, as well as splashing out sizable wages on (I would imagine) King, Carsley and McSheffrey. With the wages of Carsley, King and McIndoe off the books, as well as the smaller wages like Westwood, possibly Gunnar and maybe O'Donovan, we should have a decent budget for this year.

Murphy seems an obvious replacement for Westwood. What about that Jungschlager bloke from de Graafschap? I know he was rumoured and is out of contract. I'd like to see someone like Adam Le Fondre, though this Cody McDonald seems reasonable as well.

Sky Blue Tom

Sorry for my bad spelling buy what about peterbouraghs striker? Player of the season in league one and looks like he would be a great striker for the sky blues mackail- smith he's called

ccfc1973

Id like us to go for Nunez who played for scunny against us and was quality and pacy and I gather is available from Leeds
Id like to see us get a quality young player called Jose Baxter from everton on loan to replace gunnarsson
Murphy as he's free
Nugent on a free
And love to see Danny fox back
Bullard would be great but its papertalk

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mackail-Smith is available on a free (I think) but there will be bigger / more financially equipt than us in for him! He wud be a bloody amazing signing for us if we got him though. Really envied Peterborough's strike force of him and McLean when they were in the Championship.

skybluegod

It does'nt matter who we want it's who AT wants and i'm sure he'll make a good decsion and bring in good players or just bring the best out of the players we got already :jerkit:

skyblue_rich

Barry Fry said on the radio yesterday that P'boro had agreed with boyd, mackail-smith and lewis all leave at the end of this year if they want to. But I can see all of them going to better clubs then us

Sky Blue Tom

QPR are linked with everyone. But they may not get games as they will be buying a few players for the premier league. Maybe he would get more games if he was to play championship football

rob9872

The most amazing thing on this thread is that I've learnt we actually paid real money for Platt. Who would have thought? Is this confirmed or speculation? Colchester representatives must have found it hard to keep a straight face when they did that deal!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Scott Brown and Tom Hately {Marks Son} Winger for Motherwell

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Barry Fry said on the radio yesterday that P'boro had agreed with boyd, mackail-smith and lewis all leave at the end of this year if they want to. But I can see all of them going to better clubs then us

Id take all of these, but dont think we'll get a look in. Plus not all are out of contract I dont think and we know from past experience Fry will ask for silly amounts of money (that we wont consider, let alone be able to afford)

Users who are viewing this thread