Superbowl (1 Viewer)

Darth Robins

So is that why they're college football gets big crowds? Cus it's the step before pro football?

It's also dirt cheap (or free in some cases) for students there, they really big up school pride and that, and lots of ex-students still stay big fans too.

ccfc92

It's also dirt cheap (or free in some cases) for students there, they really big up school pride and that, and lots of ex-students still stay big fans too.

Yeahh, every event or sport is a big deal in America. I do sometimes wish we had similar celebrations on certain occasions

mark82

Yeahh, every event or sport is a big deal in America. I do sometimes wish we had similar celebrations on certain occasions

The flip side of that is the crowd at today's game will consist mostly of corporates and people rich enough to buy a ticket. Stupidly expensive.

ajsccfc

The college game has stadiums with bigger capacity than the NFL too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they average bigger attendances.

ccfc92

The flip side of that is the crowd at today's game will consist mostly of corporates and people rich enough to buy a ticket. Stupidly expensive.

Oh yeah of course. But the Mrs woke up n saw the half time show, fireworks etc, and said "that's more effort than the football world cup" n I see what she means lol

mark82

ccfc92 - if you want to follow an NFL team pick Green Bay Packers. Fan owned and lots of history.

That's my pitch done. Feel I may be at a disadvantage to the Seattle fans on this one at the moment.

ccfc92

ccfc92 - if you want to follow an NFL team pick Green Bay Packers. Fan owned and lots of history.

That's my pitch done. Feel I may be at a disadvantage to the Seattle fans on this one at the moment.

What city/state are they from?

Otis

Well, that was a lot closer than I envisaged.

Seattle must be very annoyed and kicking themselves at letting in 8 points though. Bet some crockery was thrown over that.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So an American team won an American version of Rugby! Big deal!

Users who are viewing this thread