Supporter punched in face by police officer. (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Did anyone on here see this incident ? As I was heading towards Tescos and approaching the railway underpass there was a sudden raising of voices from over in the car park to the right where the Charlton supporters were . I think a few words were raised between a few City fans obviously upset at the confirmation of relegation and a group of Charlton fans who were, presumably , goading them. They were a long way apart, with a line of police between . A police officer grabbed hold of a big bloke whom I'm guessing was a Charlton fan, pulled him inwards then let fly full in the face. Whatever had been said didn't merit this kind of response. Totally unnecessary. It's a wonder the bloke didn't get knocked out . A few city fans vented their anger at what they'd seen. Disgraceful.

pusbccfc

Did see a few handbags in the carpark. Just looked like a few of our kids giving it the biggun'.

NortonSkyBlue

That happened in front of me. The ginger guy was dodging the Police and stopped then was grabbed with both hands which were pushed in to the face of the fan with some force.'
There wasn't any confrontations between the fans in fact the older Charlton fans near me were disgusted with the police and felt it was excessive force. This lead to some fans breaking through the barrier to square up to the police.
Over soon enough.

Brylowes

"Tut Tut" that's nowhere near Jimmys statue, there's a right place
and a right time for everything ;)

Bob Latchford

Did anyone on here see this incident ? As I was heading towards Tescos and approaching the railway underpass there was a sudden raising of voices from over in the car park to the right where the Charlton supporters were . I think a few words were raised between a few City fans obviously upset at the confirmation of relegation and a group of Charlton fans who were, presumably , goading them. They were a long way apart, with a line of police between . A police officer grabbed hold of a big bloke whom I'm guessing was a Charlton fan, pulled him inwards then let fly full in the face. Whatever had been said didn't merit this kind of response. Totally unnecessary. It's a wonder the bloke didn't get knocked out . A few city fans vented their anger at what they'd seen. Disgraceful.
I did see our fans running over to the Police/Charlton fans by the embankment . there was bound to be sporadic flash points once relegation was confirmed . mind , whenever I'm at the Ricoh on a match day , i'm always left with a sense of the ''Authorities '' are wanting to attack the fans . just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread