Swans Fan (1 Viewer)

Hendy_Jack

Hi folks, would just like to say a big thanks to your fans yesterday. You were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure that we found our way to the ground. It seems that we were not an isolated case, and for this you should be very proud. A credit to your club and country.

Good luck for the rest of the season bar the one obvious game down the Liberty.

Nick

Administrator
A lot of the Swansea fans were good natured but I wish I could say the same about the bellends who were trying to push stewards over balconys.

I sat in the Telent stand for the first time yesterday and the amount of away fans taunting young kids (8 or 9) was shocking really.

Although Swansea deserved to win and played some great football! We should have killed you off with the penalty though :(

simmouk

Administrator
I didn't catch any of the "incidents" (like pushing over balcanoys etc) but I had heard that there were a few Swansea fans hell bent on causing trouble and starting fights with other Jack fans (and I did hear that someone/some people were trying to force people over the balconys etc) Spoilt the game really in a way - I've worked as a Steward for a while there and I've never known us from the Corporate stand being requested to go and help at the away stand and then go and stand with the away coaches to keep the away and home fans apart! Genuinely most were well behaved but there were a few tossers, but then again there always are.

Nick

Administrator
I had a great view of it all, it looked as if the trouble makers were halfway down the stand by the entrance to get food. It was shocking to see a couple of women in the mix as well.

Most of the other fans were decent though, but I must admit the Stewards didn't help at all, since when can't you have banter with away fans?

A few young lads in front kept getting told off for cheering at the away fans and telling them to sit down.

simmouk

Administrator
Some Stewards do tend to let the power go to their heads a bit a tend to want to play God too much, which is not on. We had been told that a number of the Coventry thugs had "invited" the Cardiff hooligans to "come get some" etc etc but not many of them turned up...it was just the few in the actual stand causing trouble.

I think I was right in front of those lads that you were talking about, I was told to just "watch them" before the final whistle etc...but they didn't do or say anything?! haha.

It's just a shame that there is this hooligan culture in football, can't they just fight with themselves in a diss-used parking lot with no association to clubs etc. I've got no problem with a group of people wanting to batter the crap out of each other, if thats what makes them happy, but why have to do it "for your team" ?!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, all they did was stand up and cheer at the away fans when we got the penalty and about 5 stewards were surrounding them.

Think I will stick to the Tesco or CET from now on :)

simmouk

Administrator
Nick have you posted about it on the Cov Telegraph site? Someone's copied over the link onto the "Unofficial Stewards Forum" lol.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah that was me! lol

I was only saying what I saw though, is that me on the hit list now? :(

simmouk

Administrator
Hehe no I don't think your on any hit list, I just noticed when the stuff had been copied in that it mentioned someone with a tattoo wearing a pink vest etc and it reminded me of what you'd put! We're used to getting critisiced, as long as it's not me then I don't give a monkeys :)

Hendy_Jack

Hi guys, I didn't see the incident, however I did notice one of our fans getting dragged away by the Police. I have no idea what happened and I think it was an incident after we scored.

Not sure if there was a bit of over zealous stewarding, but that is hardly an excuse for trying to throw them over the wall.

I think we have the same mindless idiots as most clubs, though since we have come back up through the leagues they have diminished but they do pop their heads up from time to time.

Nick

Administrator
Oh yeah, every club has that small grou[ of trouble makers and I don't think some stewards don't help!

There is a small crowd of trouble makers in every crowd, if that makes sense!

simmouk

Administrator
Well I'm one of the good Stewards :D hehe. Plus we don't get many mindless thugs with a season long ticket for the executive boxes and pre-match dining lol. "I'm gonna kick his facking head in, the dirty bastard!...but first, I would very much like some lobster..."

Users who are viewing this thread