Match Thread Swansea U21 v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 24th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Swansea U21 v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
I was quite excited and optimistic about it. BUT I am not sure.

Can see a 0-0 with us losing on pens.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Would be great to get a win, think we're getting relegated anyway so might as well have a day out in London and do a recruitment drive for League 2 season tickets at the same time!

Probably lose 3-1 though...

Otis

It's the one thing to cheer us up in a season of pure gloom and utter despair.

lifeskyblue

To be honest not too bothered about this. Yes I will jump on the bandwagon and have a trip to Wembley if we get there. But if we don't it won't upset me as from the start I thought the whole format undermined the competition. So want to see Swansea u21s out whoever they play

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Beavon is definitely out. Slade says he might be fit for Northampton.

Who is going to play up front for us? And please don't say Rose and Jones. :(

Tudgay injured, Beavon injured, Kwame Thomas surely not ready. Has to be one of the kids doesn't it?

Either that or just George Thomas as a lone striker, leaping as high as he can while the long punted balls sail over his head.

Maybe all that ice on the ball might just confuse their keeper.

Otis

I'm not going all that way to see us lose!

Well in truth I probably will be, but let's not be negative :)
We can all joke about it, but a win would be a tremendous boost to the club.

Home tie in the semi-final and I reckon we would get 15,000 possibly. Get the interest back in the club, get bums on seats, have something to be happy about in a season which is a sea of despair.

Defeat and that could be our season over just like that.

Hod dog

George Thomas is only option for up front, i would say play your strongest team and try and get a win for morale but do we have a strongest?
I imagine he will probably save players like Rose and Willis for Saturday, it will be something like.

RCC
D K Evans Clarke Turnbull Haynes/Stokes
Stevenson Gadzhev
Lameiras Jones Reid
G Thomas

no_loyalty

Beavon is definitely out. Slade says he might be fit for Northampton.

Who is going to play up front for us? And please don't say Rose and Jones. :(

Tudgay injured, Beavon injured, Kwame Thomas surely not ready. Has to be one of the kids doesn't it?

Either that or just George Thomas as a lone striker, leaping as high as he can while the long punted balls sail over his head.

Maybe all that ice on the ball might just confuse their keeper.

How is Jordan Ponticelli doing in the U21's?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

George Thomas is only option for up front, i would say play your strongest team and try and get a win for morale but do we have a strongest?
I imagine he will probably save players like Rose and Willis for Saturday, it will be something like.

RCC
D K Evans Clarke Turnbull Haynes/Stokes
Stevenson Gadzhev
Lameiras Jones Reid
G Thomas

Clarke is cup tied

coop

No matter what we shouldn't lose to an under 21 team as if morale isn't tits up anyway a win would give the team a lift.Can't see where the goals are coming from though.

Otis

Hasn't been any since the post match of the last checkatrade game when it was said he'd pulled something so taken off as a precaution. Too similar to what we've heard about Beavon. Let's hope Beavon isn't absent as long as Stokes has been without news
Beavon back for Saturday according to Slade.

clint van damme

my new found enthusiasm for this tournament has been severely dented after Saturdays debacle.

stevefloyd

Sadly I see nothing but a loss in this game, no strikers to speak of, well to fair the same as all season so far...don't hold out much hope...its my birthday tomorrow, a very very big one, would love some good news...come on you useless bunch of wankers surprise us all and get a win

Great_Expectations

I don't think we can underestimate what a win will do, both for the confidence of the fans and the players. We all need that glimmer of hope or excitement.

In terms of motivation, surly pride must kick in for the players, who wants the embarrassment of losing to, and being knocked out by, a bunch of youngsters still on youth contracts.

2-0 win, with the following team:

RCC (we might actually get distribution to our own players)
DKE Willis Turnbull Stokes/Haynes

Bigi Stevenson
Reid Ruben Jones

Thomas

Not a big fan of any of the front three, but it does mean pace. Let's get the defence turning and Jones/Reid/Thomas moving.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

At least RCC can keep it on the island as we use to say. Ruben playing with Thomas up front will have somebody to pass it to who is on the move not some statue who is being tightly marked by a big lump of a CB.

Paxman II

After Swansea's result the other day their new coach has had an impact and expect the same of his under 21's.
It end here folks.

Otis

After Swansea's result the other day their new coach has had an impact and expect the same of his under 21's.
It end here folks.
He doesn't need to have an impact on his U21's, they have been doing brilliantly anyway.

Swansea's win on Saturday may well have helped us.

Had they have lost again then players tonight might have been putting themselves in the shop window for selection to the first team.

First team players may have been selected for tonight.

That win has given them belief they can survive and as a result the manager will surely not wish to risk using any of the team from Saturday and then getting injured and the kids tonight are not going to displace anyone in the team from Saturday's from win at Anfield.

I wish we had Beavon available, but still, depending on what side Slade puts out, we have a very good chance tonight.

I think a win tonight is so important. Would really give the whole city a lift and generate a bit of excitement. Just one game from Wembley.

Nick

Administrator
Slade has already made out he wants to give the fans a day at Wembley, I don't think I can guess the lineup because we are short up front :(

Otis

Slade has already made out he wants to give the fans a day at Wembley, I don't think I can guess the lineup because we are short up front :(
Don't need to guess. It's going to be George Thomas. No-one else apart from kids available.

Users who are viewing this thread