Swindon (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

percy

Of course. It could've been 7 though had the ball not hit Wood at Fleetwood. Shit like this happens to everyone.

We're only 14 games in ffs

exactly, we were 2 goals up with 5 mins to go. its not the end of the world but if we are aspiring for promotion then results like this and in this manner are unacceptable.

Otis

Another thing...8 out of the last 10 pens missed. Need to have a designated pen taker

I'm more worried about that then the 2 points lost today. We seriously need to sort out a penalty taker who is going to be successful at least 75% of the time. Our record is truly shocking.

Today was just one of those things. Had it been Pressley or Thorn, then I would have said 'here we go again!' But it's not, it's Mowbray and I expect him to address it asap.

I see today as a one off. The penalty thing has become a regular concern. The obvious answer I would say next time is, Adam Armstrong.

percy

I'm more worried about that then the 2 points lost today. We seriously need to sort out a penalty taker who is going to be successful at least 75% of the time. Our record is truly shocking.

Today was just one of those things. Had it been Pressley or Thorn, then I would have said 'here we go again!' But it's not, it's Mowbray and I expect him to address it asap.

I see today as a one off. The penalty thing has become a regular concern. The obvious answer I would say next time is, Adam Armstrong.

i bet RCC would take a good penalty

covcity4life

I agree otis

It's just the wait till next win is gonna be agonising now

As you said earlier need to get it vs pboro or barnsley. I just hope it's the former and later is a bonus

SkyBlueMatt

It's more bitter because we were 2 up with 5 minutes to go. I would have felt better with a 0-0. So pissed off with this result though.

Last 5 mins we barely touched the fecking ball, didn't close down. If Armstrong would have stayed on I think it would have been a different result.

We were so poor (worst I've seen this season, apart from the time between we scored our first and second) but I was thinking a win after playing that poor it's brilliant. Never thought after the 2nd we wouldn't have taken all three points.

Anything less than a win against Peterborough and we will start slipping down the table.

Gazolba

2. When did we last lose a league game?

Can we stop talking about losing games and start talking about losing points? We lost 2 points today. If we'd been 1-0 down with 5 minutes to play and then scored, we'd have gained a point.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Another thing...8 out of the last 10 pens missed. Need to have a designated pen taker

This has to be a major issue that needs addressing. I assume that Armstrong would be the designated taker had he still been on, but what's to say he would have converted it with his recent form?

Some say penalties are the luck of the draw, but when you think about it, you just need to put pace behind it along with a direction, but then that's probably easy for me to say who's never had to take one competitively (and I'm sure there is more to it, but they haven't even tested the keeper a lot of them so surely that's part of the basics of taking one?).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can we stop talking about losing games and start talking about losing points? We lost 2 points today. If we'd been 1-0 down with 5 minutes to play and then scored, we'd have gained a point.

That's true, but it's the manner it happened. Had we played how Swindln dos today and got a point, I'd be happy. But the facts are we didn't. We weren't massively better, but we were better than them all over the park and there's no denying losing a 2 goal advantage in such a short space of time and so late in a game is amateurish at best.

It was our tactics and our set up that cost us today, something we have to address

SlowerThanPlatt

Why do some posters keep saying 'at least we're still in the top 6'. Last year when we nearly got relegated were people saying 'at least we aren't bottom' when someone moaned about losing again. After the Orient game no one was saying that. The aim of football is to win every game and move up the table

Otis

It's more bitter because we were 2 up with 5 minutes to go. I would have felt better with a 0-0. So pissed off with this result though.

Last 5 mins we barely touched the fecking ball, didn't close down. If Armstrong would have stayed on I think it would have been a different result.

We were so poor (worst I've seen this season, apart from the time between we scored our first and second) but I was thinking a win after playing that poor it's brilliant. Never thought after the 2nd we wouldn't have taken all three points.

Anything less than a win against Peterborough and we will start slipping down the table.

Don't see why. Another draw might be okay. Walsall play Gillingham for starters and a few teams are now beginning to drop points.

Otis

Why do some posters keep saying 'at least we're still in the top 6'. Last year when we nearly got relegated were people saying 'at least we aren't bottom' when someone moaned about losing again. After the Orient game no one was saying that. The aim of football is to win every game and move up the table

Can't compare though, because we're not losing. We're drawing and staying top 6 and still have a game in hand.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Because the top 6 is where we want to be

And actually they were, not those exact words but similar principle. Whilst some were screaming that we were going down after the Orient loss and writing us off there those who maintained there head and were looking at the bigger picture and recognised there were still games left and we were still in a strong position wrt. to our relegation rivals to stave off relegation.

Grendel

The top two didn't win today. I doubt the fans are committing Hari Kari - yes the aim is to win every game -- no one wins every game

wingy

The way the leagues going nobodies running away with It a large BC or Wolves style..
Looks like a sub 100 point tally will win the league.this season so a late burst In the last couple of months probably the same as MK got.
Will be tight with a few In the mix,hope It's us, hate the Idea of PO lottery, huge stage for a young goalie.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The way the leagues going nobodies running away with It a large BC or Wolves style..
Looks like a sub 100 point tally will win the league.this season so a late burst In the last couple of months probably the same as MK got.
Will be tight with a few In the mix,hope It's us, hate the Idea of PO lottery, huge stage for a young goalie.

The goalie would be the last player to be worried about right now. RCC would fair quite well on the big stage (play offs, no talking premiership here), unless he comes up against penalties that is. Didn't go Rochdale in the cup, so cant say if he got anywhere near any of them, but the others he's faced, today and Yeovil shoot out, I don't think he's guessed right for any. But I won't criticise him for that as the rest of his play is top class, especially coming for crosses. he's a very confident lad when it comes to making those calls and collecting them

torchomatic

Just got back. Bloody annoying. Today was the first time that Kent really frustrated me. Not heard CWR or anything so can someone answer the following:

Was Cole injured?
Who handled in the box for their penalty

The ref was a twat too.

covcity4life

It's very annoying not to take advantage of top 2 losing but on other hand we gained a point on bury snd sheff utd I guess

Still fancy us to have mor ever a season than Burton and gills.

US sheff utd, wigan and Walsall will be up there. The first 2 been very up and down all season yet we fear them and doubt ourselves.

Otis

Just got back. Bloody annoying. Today was the first time that Kent really frustrated me. Not heard CWR or anything so can someone answer the following:

Was Cole injured?

The ref was a twat too.

Think TM said he had to be careful with Cole, as it was 2 games in 4 days, so am guessing tactical. Think Martin was the culprit according to a few who went.

Johnnythespider

I think the reason this feels so disappointing, apart from the obvious 2 up with 5 to play, is that most of us probably feel that this league is there for the taking, and results like this make it less likely to be us that take it

torchomatic

Thanks Otis.

SlowerThanPlatt

Was Cole injured?

The ref was a twat too.
No he got taken off probably for fitness reasons. Apparently it was Martin but on the radio they said Phillips

shmmeee

No he got taken off probably for fitness reasons. Apparently it was Martin but on the radio they said Phillips

Apparently the pen was for a handball from Philips, but it looked like Martin did something which people think it was given for. But it wasn't. If that makes sense. All according to CWR.

torchomatic

Phillips gave one away against Southend too, didn't he?

Otis

Apparently the pen was for a handball from Philips, but it looked like Martin did something which people think it was given for. But it wasn't. If that makes sense. All according to CWR.

If it was Phillips then that's a worry, as he has been responsible for a number of penalties.

skybluejelly

Just got back...they really are our bogey team... Still not beaten them in this league..thought the referee was absolutely shocking which seems to happen to us all the time,at least we didn't loose but we definetley should have won

shmmeee

I'd bring in a RB anyway to be honest. I think we've got to accept Philips won't make the grade, Willis and Ricketts are both CBs long term IMO and neither give the dynamism of someone like Stokes.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd bring in a RB anyway to be honest. I think we've got to accept Philips won't make the grade, Willis and Ricketts are both CBs long term IMO and neither give the dynamism of someone like Stokes.

I'd rather bring in a CB tbh, I'd be happy for Ricketts to play right back till the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread