Takeover rumours (1 Viewer)

skyblueflubsky

I was just wondering if anybody had heard any rumours on a possible take over. The last I heard Hoffman and Ranson were trying to put a consortium together. Does anybody know if there is any truth in that or was it just a rumour?

Coventry La La La

Last edited:

Walking Bird

My secret filming episode arises again.

ajsccfc

I've been going to that Varsity a few times since in the hope of catching some high-powered meetings. I haven't seen any yet, or at least I don't remember them. It's all a bit of a haze.

paul1978

WELL i really wish this takeover talk with gary hoffman or ray ranson
is going to happen very soon its all gone very quiet.
COME ON THE HOFF HURRY UP
I GIVE YOU MY FULL SUPPORT
100%

ajsccfc

On what basis would you give him your full support, when there's no indication of what he'd actually do?

Lord_Nampil

Personally i Don't want it to happen! Ranson and Hoffman were the reason we were in trouble earlier this season by appointing Boothroyd as well as being crap towards the fans!! I think there is currently a good feeling about the club and thats mainly down to the way the new board have acted in the last 10 weeks and more inportantly the way Andy Thorn turned the ship round!!

SISU want to sell shares to investors, still being the majour share holder of the club!

They don't want to sell it!

paul1978

On what basis would you give him your full support, when there's no indication of what he'd actually do

i would rather support mr hoffman than sisu
after all gary hoffman is a coventry supporter
ive not been imprested with sisu
and i do not believe ray ranson would sack andy thorn
when he put him in the job at least before sisu made him full time manager.

ok then are you impressed with sisu now because i would trust them has far has i can throw them.

same budget as last year paul clauting said last week
well thats not very positive

its a joke
and so are sisu

SISU OUT

paul1978

personally i don't want it to happen! Ranson and hoffman were the reason we were in trouble earlier this season by appointing boothroyd as well as being crap towards the fans!! I think there is currently a good feeling about the club and thats mainly down to the way the new board have acted in the last 10 weeks and more inportantly the way andy thorn turned the ship round!!

Sisu want to sell shares to investors, still being the majour share holder of the club!

well boo hoo to you then

Lord_Nampil

Same Budget is good! As long as you don't spend it all by September like Boothroyd did!

I personally didn't like Ranson and the way he was with the media and the fans! He in my eyes was the main reasons fans stayed away because he didn't tell any one what was going on untill it was up shit creek! I also know the players didn't like his approach either and was the main reason why Jay tabb left!

paul1978

Same Budget is good! As long as you don't spend it all by September like Boothroyd did!

I personally didn't like Ranson and the way he was with the media and the fans! He in my eyes was the main reasons fans stayed away because he didn't tell any one what was going on untill it was up shit creek! I also know the players didn't like his approach either and was the main reason why Jay tabb left!

you cant tell me that players would leave cov because they dont like the chairman
im sorry mate
i dont buy that comment
that just ridiculous

Lord_Nampil

You don't have to buy it mate!

I just know a little that goes on behind closed doors!

And one of them was Ranson wasn't very good at approaching players and offering new deals. As a result alot of players left including Jay Tabb and Leon Best!

If you want to work for some one you'll do any thing to do so, if you don't want to work for them you will elave! and thats what happened!

I can say what i want really and you are allowed to make your own mind up on how things should go after all it is a forum!

TheRoyalScam

Personally i Don't want it to happen! Ranson and Hoffman were the reason we were in trouble earlier this season by appointing Boothroyd as well as being crap towards the fans!! I think there is currently a good feeling about the club and thats mainly down to the way the new board have acted in the last 10 weeks and more inportantly the way Andy Thorn turned the ship round!!

SISU want to sell shares to investors, still being the majour share holder of the club!

Why don't you try to buy some shares in the club then? In my opinion it would be fantastic if the true fans could buy a few shares in the club, but can you see SISU floating the club as a plc, or offering a limited share issue to fans like me and you?

paul1978

You don't have to buy it mate!

I just know a little that goes on behind closed doors!

And one of them was Ranson wasn't very good at approaching players and offering new deals. As a result alot of players left including Jay Tabb and Leon Best!

If you want to work for some one you'll do any thing to do so, if you don't want to work for them you will elave! and thats what happened!

I can say what i want really and you are allowed to make your own mind up on how things should go after all it is a forum!

do you work in the set up then at cov somewhere
or is this the other pillock leanard brody from current board
boo hoo

ajsccfc

On what basis would you give him your full support, when there's no indication of what he'd actually do

i would rather support mr hoffman than sisu
after all gary hoffman is a coventry supporter
ive not been imprested with sisu
and i do not believe ray ranson would sack andy thorn
when he put him in the job at least before sisu made him full time manager.

ok then are you impressed with sisu now because i would trust them has far has i can throw them.

same budget as last year paul clauting said last week
well thats not very positive

its a joke
and so are sisu

SISU OUT

Gary Hoffman being a Cov fan means very little when it comes to his running of the club, look at big Leeds man Peter Ridsdale.

How do we know it was Ranson who hired Thorn, when we find out it wasn't Ranson who made other decisions on the movement of staff like Conor Thomas? What are we meant to actually believe now?

The same budget as last year would be great if spent wisely. It enabled us to buy a few players and bring a number in on free transfers. Eight players coming in is a massive number.

If you don't like SISU that's fine, but I don't see any reason to assume a hypothetical replacement would somehow be our heroes. It's the triumph of hope over experience, if this club has taught me anything about optimism.

cloughie

REF LORD NAMPIL POST I haven't read a more nonfactual post as this before. The reason we were in a mess with Ranson and Hoffman was because sisu kept pulling the rug from beneath there feet . ie Fox and Dann then the young lad sent to Liverpool also refusing to back Ranson on transfer targets ie Andy carroll Jordan henderson etc. As for the new board, what a joke, the chairman stated he was due to have talks with the council about the Ricoh, that turned out to be a lie. We have not heard a word from honest Ken since that. So what ship has he turned around??? I think you might find it was Andy Thorn appointed by Ranson as chief scout and then manager that turned the ship around only for sisu to jump on the Thorn bandwagon by appointing him full time in an attempt to claim some of the glory fooling obviously the odd 1 or 2 people. Hurry back Hoffman and Ranson and they will keep Thorn without a doubt!

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

Good post, cloughie - if only more people would wake up and smell the coffee!

Rich

REF LORD NAMPIL POST I haven't read a more nonfactual post as this before. The reason we were in a mess with Ranson and Hoffman was because sisu kept pulling the rug from beneath there feet . ie Fox and Dann then the young lad sent to Liverpool also refusing to back Ranson on transfer targets ie Andy carroll Jordan henderson etc. As for the new board, what a joke, the chairman stated he was due to have talks with the council about the Ricoh, that turned out to be a lie. We have not heard a word from honest Ken since that. So what ship has he turned around??? I think you might find it was Andy Thorn appointed by Ranson as chief scout and then manager that turned the ship around only for sisu to jump on the Thorn bandwagon by appointing him full time in an attempt to claim some of the glory fooling obviously the odd 1 or 2 people. Hurry back Hoffman and Ranson and they will keep Thorn without a doubt!

I dont understand why everyone suddenly thinks it's all rosy. AT may be the manager now and we may play attractive soccer, but nothing has changed financially or behind the scenes. We are still in the mire. Well written post sir and I agree 100%.

paul1978

well written comment we should get a protest get them out the ricoh
sisu are nothing more than a joke!!!!

rob9872

I agree that it was a well written comment, but a protest? seriously? And that will do good in exacty what way?

I think SISU are savvy enough to realise that they are unpopular and that the only way they become popular and achieve their only real aim of making a return on the investment, is to achieve Premier League football. It's ok to try and oust the current regime but only if someone wants to purchase it, so be careful of what you wish for because currently, until a tangible offer is actually tabled, the only way I can see them not being around is administration.

TheRoyalScam

I agree that it was a well written comment, but a protest? seriously? And that will do good in exacty what way?

I think SISU are savvy enough to realise that they are unpopular and that the only way they become popular and achieve their only real aim of making a return on the investment, is to achieve Premier League football. It's ok to try and oust the current regime but only if someone wants to purchase it, so be careful of what you wish for because currently, until a tangible offer is actually tabled, the only way I can see them not being around is administration.

If they were that savvy, why did they sell Dann and Fox?

rob9872

Savvy enough to realise they were unpopular that's all. Savvy enough in football probably not, but were offered a quick return on investment and took it. I assume they believed it was easy enough to find adequete replacements and you could argue in those positions we possibly now have. It was also a different baord of people who made that decision. It may be the same as the old ones and I suspect it is, but we can't level the sale of Fox and Dann on the current board members

TheRoyalScam

Savvy enough to realise they were unpopular that's all. Savvy enough in football probably not, but were offered a quick return on investment and took it. I assume they believed it was easy enough to find adequete replacements and you could argue in those positions we possibly now have. It was also a different baord of people who made that decision. It may be the same as the old ones and I suspect it is, but we can't level the sale of Fox and Dann on the current board members

Sorry, mis-understood/mis-read your post - good point rob - I agree with you [again!]. Off to work now, tara all.:laugh:

paul1978

WELL im not going to say anymore because everytime i say sisu out on here
i get some prized wally, trying to question why i dont support sisu anymore
they are a joke

anyone supporting gary hoffman
please stand up and make yourself be heard now

skyblue_rich

I have only heard that GH is very interested in buying us, and apparently he told all the staff at the Ricoh that he would buy the club. But I would support GH over sisu, since at least he would have the clubs interests at heart

valiant15

Wow,a transfer budget of about 500k,what a load of crap! Who we going to get for that? Why dont sisu do the right thing,sell the club and FUCK OFF!

skyblu3sk

Wow,a transfer budget of about 500k,what a load of crap! Who we going to get for that? Why dont sisu do the right thing,sell the club and FUCK OFF!

Calm down eh... no one has confirmed what the budget is yet and we may be owned by a different company by then

Users who are viewing this thread