Talksport presenter doing PR for Paul Appleton (1 Viewer)

Forza

Listening to Press Pass right now and they're talking about Cov. The presenter (Des Kelly I think) said: I have to declare an interest - I'm handling the administrator Paul Appleton's PR - or words to that effect.

So Appleton is spending some of his fees on looking good in the press.. never knew that. Was around 7.45 if anyone wants to listen again.

skybluepete1987

Grendel

It was Paul Mccarthy sitting in for Des Kelly. I was interested to hear that he mentioned he was doing PR for Paul Appleton. Why? Because I seem to remember that he was doing PR for Sisu!

In fact here's the proof: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/28430-Paul-McCarthy-appointed-as-SISU-crisis-management-front

So Sisu and the Administrator sharing a PR man - conflict of interest is it not? Not sure what the Football League would make of that....

Why is that a conflict of interest?

fernandopartridge

It was Paul Mccarthy sitting in for Des Kelly. I was interested to hear that he mentioned he was doing PR for Paul Appleton. Why? Because I seem to remember that he was doing PR for Sisu!

In fact here's the proof: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/28430-Paul-McCarthy-appointed-as-SISU-crisis-management-front

So Sisu and the Administrator sharing a PR man - conflict of interest is it not? Not sure what the Football League would make of that....

ACL and SISU use the same stationery supplier. And?

Forza

So what else was said...before & after that comment? Why did he tell us this?

His comment was made at the start after which the panel just discussed our current state situation.. but not much that hadn't been said before really.

AFAIK he said it because I think you have to say if you're involved in what you're writing or broadcasting about, could be wrong though.

skybluepete1987

Maybe 'conflict of interest' is a bit strong but yet another link between Sisu and the supposedly impartial (from the perspective of Ltd's creditors) Administrator.

Users who are viewing this thread