Taskmaster on Dave (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone watching it?

I am really enjoying it. A kind of game show based on an Edinburgh Fringe show.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, basically Greg Davies is the Taskmaster and he sets 5 comedians ridiculous tasks to complete. The stars in turn have to offer up something personal as a prize and all the prizes are pooled together and the winner at the end gets to keep all the prizes.

The comedians set the tasks each week are Frank Skinner, Rosin Conalty, Josh Widdecombe, Romesh Ranganathen and Tim Key.

Very funny in places and well worth a watch. It's got a mate's down the pub feel to it.

Recommended.

Otis

Yes, agreed. I really like it. I hear they're making a second series too.

Nick

Administrator
Bump for this.

Really like Taskmaster, think it's because Greg Davies has the same sense of humour and Alex Horne reminds me a bit of Joe Wilkinson.

ajsccfc

It's nice that Dave is not only now making its own original comedy stuff, but it's actually way better than a lot of the endless repeats it relied on early on.

Si80

Mel, Hugh and Noel have been brilliant in this series so far. Can't wait to see Greg's tour later in the year.

Nick

Administrator
Mel, Hugh and Noel have been brilliant in this series so far. Can't wait to see Greg's tour later in the year.

Same, going to book tickets this weekend. :)

Hugh always seems to have really clever ways, but never manages to do it.

ajsccfc

Tim Key was the best of all the contestants so far I think, always trying to worm his way around the rules.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't really found the 2 so far that funny compared to the previous ones :( With some of these comedians it seems like they are trying too hard to be funny.

Otis

Haven't really found the 2 so far that funny compared to the previous ones :( With some of these comedians it seems like they are trying too hard to be funny.
Tend to agree and Aisling Bea has been just a little bit too weird.

Bob Mortimer is always a laugh though and funniest has been Nish Kumar. Mark Watson and Sally Philips, both a bit meh!

Nick

Administrator
Don't like Nish Kumar, he's a bit annoying.

There isn't really anybody witty other than Greg and Alex:(

Otis

I quite like Nish Kumar myself.

Think he livens the place up, because Mark Watson is so dull.

Liquid Gold

I like it, I'm starting to think I'm tv show loyal though and once I get in to something thats it to the bitter end.

Otis

I like it, I'm starting to think I'm tv show loyal though and once I get in to something thats it to the bitter end.
Yep, with you on that. It's kind of a sense of duty to continue with it.

I do think this one is slightly duller so far.

ajsccfc

I could happily watch anything that Bob Mortimer is in, one of the most naturally funny people around. Mark Watson always seems a bit joyless, but it may be that he's just really good at the act.

rob9872

I've seen them all from the start, so don't know how I've missed this thread previously.

My favourite part of any series so far - the counting 'tasks' given to Josh Widdicombe. Also loved Al Murray paying for everything and Paul Chowdhry / Joe Wilkinson being completely inept - they've tried to replicate a useless one in each series since, but it feels a little more contrived now ... or perhaps I'm just too cynical!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Joe wilkinson is brilliant on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Which one was last night's? I think I watched it on anytime last week.
It was called the leprechaun or the lesbian, tasks included making a rainbow painting in the dark and a team task of making the biggest splat

Nick

Administrator
Ah yeah it was on anytime last week, still isn't as funny as the past ones :(

Hoping the third will improve it.

Otis

Just watched this week's (in advance) and I really enjoyed it. That's the last two I have found much funnier than the first.

Nick

Administrator
There were a couple of funny bits with the tube, but it still just feels really forced and trying too hard. No wit either :(

Otis

There were a couple of funny bits with the tube, but it still just feels really forced and trying too hard. No wit either :(
Sorry, didn't realise you were the Grinch! ;)

I liked the tube one and the coconut one was funny too I thought. I also liked the three task one and the up on stage final, in fact, I liked all of it.

And no wit? 'I'm a f**king business man!' That really made me laugh.

Nick

Administrator
Not the grinch just not finding it funny, getting to the point I end up wanting to go and do something else instead of watching it.

Previous series it was a fixture and would be pretty much laughing all the way through. :(

Otis

You are not a fan of Nish Kumar though are you. Maybe that's the difference. I enjoy his effervescence.

I like his histrionics, so that obviously makes it funnier for me. Alex Horne is just as funny, if not more so and Bob is great.

Biggest disappointment for me has been Aisling Bea, who I previously thought was quite funny prior to this.

Nick

Administrator
You are not a fan of Nish Kumar though are you. Maybe that's the difference. I enjoy his effervescence.

I like his histrionics, so that obviously makes it funnier for me. Alex Horne is just as funny, if not more so and Bob is great.

Biggest disappointment for me has been Aisling Bea, who I previously thought was quite funny prior to this.

Oh yeah I do like Alex Horne and Greg Davies.

No, Nish Kumar is annoying and all of them are trying too hard. He might have a strange laugh but that doesn't make him funny, then when he uses his race for jokes etc you have to compare it to Paul Choudry who is much funnier, wittier and doesn't rely on a laugh to get him by.

What's the point in the woman out of Bridget Jones?

Mark Watson is meant to be the intelligent one, but he doesn't get anywhere near to the Hugh Dennis levels of trying to be clever so it isn't funny :(

Aisling Bea sometimes seems quite witty on things like 8 out of 10 cats, but so far has just done a couple of weird things. I don't really like Noel Fielding but he did the weird act so much better.

ajsccfc

Alex Horne is fantastic in this. I didn't realise that the whole show is really his and it's one of those Edinburgh Festival things they commissioned for TV

Nick

Administrator
Alex Horne is fantastic in this. I didn't realise that the whole show is really his and it's one of those Edinburgh Festival things they commissioned for TV

I didn't know that until a couple of weeks ago as well, I don't know how he manages to keep a straight face half the time.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sorry, didn't realise you were the Grinch! ;)

I liked the tube one and the coconut one was funny too I thought. I also liked the three task one and the up on stage final, in fact, I liked all of it.

And no wit? 'I'm a f**king business man!' That really made me laugh.
I thought that was brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread