Taskmaster on Dave (1 Viewer)

Otis

Oh yeah I do like Alex Horne and Greg Davies.

No, Nish Kumar is annoying and all of them are trying too hard. He might have a strange laugh but that doesn't make him funny, then when he uses his race for jokes etc you have to compare it to Paul Choudry who is much funnier, wittier and doesn't rely on a laugh to get him by.

What's the point in the woman out of Bridget Jones?

Mark Watson is meant to be the intelligent one, but he doesn't get anywhere near to the Hugh Dennis levels of trying to be clever so it isn't funny :(

Aisling Bea sometimes seems quite witty on things like 8 out of 10 cats, but so far has just done a couple of weird things. I don't really like Noel Fielding but he did the weird act so much better.
Well yeah, not so keen on Sally Phillips either.
Paul Choudry was great, but Nish Kumar is a completely different kind of comedian.

The race stuff I don't find funny, but he does have so many more funny things to say.. for me at least and I really enjoy his attempts in the tasks too. Find his approaches to them both clever and inventive (the paint in the dark one, the portable vacuum as a motor one in the boat etc.)

Otis

Watched the 4th episode (next week's) last night. Had my headphones on and my daughter said all she could hear was me laughing, so I think that tells you all how funny I found it.

Really enjoy it and it was only that first episode that I thought wasn't up to scratch.

ajsccfc

The good thing about the format is that even if you're not keen on someone on it you don't have to put up with them for long. Mark Watson's my least favourite so far and he's been good value at times. I like Sally Phillips' role as the supposedly sensible one, like Mel of And Sue fame previously.

Otis

The good thing about the format is that even if you're not keen on someone on it you don't have to put up with them for long. Mark Watson's my least favourite so far and he's been good value at times. I like Sally Phillips' role as the supposedly sensible one, like Mel of And Sue fame previously.

Yeah, maybe. I just find her permanent smirky grin irritating.

For a clever chap, Mark Watson comes across as a bit thick at times. Six minutes to open a briefcase?

ajsccfc

He reminds me one of those people who have the brains but complete physical awkwardness, I can imagine him often just stopping dead in the street and turning the other way telling himself off

Captain Dart

Dave is starting a new series of Zapped (James Buckley, Sally Phillips) and Red Dwarf XII (Oct 12th for both).

Currently I'm liking Porters (starring a rather old Rutger Hauer) which occupies the same Thurs evening comedy slot at the moment.

Moff

I've seen them all from the start, so don't know how I've missed this thread previously.

My favourite part of any series so far - the counting 'tasks' given to Josh Widdicombe. Also loved Al Murray paying for everything and Paul Chowdhry / Joe Wilkinson being completely inept - they've tried to replicate a useless one in each series since, but it feels a little more contrived now ... or perhaps I'm just too cynical!

Cheers for reminding me about that Rob, laughed very hard at his counting tasks! It was his reaction as well

Moff

Alex Horne is fantastic in this. I didn't realise that the whole show is really his and it's one of those Edinburgh Festival things they commissioned for TV

He writes all the Tasks doesn't he. Just love how his mind works. I mean who would have thought that you would see five comedians kicking a plastic bag into a net in the last series, with the fewest kicks, and an extra point for the best goal scored, Hugh Dennis did a great overhead kick!

Moff

Well yeah, not so keen on Sally Phillips either.
Paul Choudry was great, but Nish Kumar is a completely different kind of comedian.

The race stuff I don't find funny, but he does have so many more funny things to say.. for me at least and I really enjoy his attempts in the tasks too. Find his approaches to them both clever and inventive (the paint in the dark one, the portable vacuum as a motor one in the boat etc.)

I don't mind Sally Phillips in this, its Aisling Bea that is grating a little. The constant need to be loud.
The mix doesn't quite work for me like in past series, but its still funny, and Bob Mortimer is quality.
Joe Wilkinson was a bit off the cuff like that. Felt so sorry for him in Series Two when he did the task throwing the potato into the golf hole, and did it first time, took a standing ovation from the crowd, and then was disqualified for putting his foot on the mat around the hole which they couldn't stand on.

Liquid Gold

It would be good for them to do a series with all the best comedians from previous years. Who would everyone pick?

Otis

Joe Wilkinson, Bob Mortimer, Josh Widdecombe, Rob Beckett and Katherine Ryan.

Probably forgotten about some really good ones mind.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Joe Wilkinson, Bob Mortimer, Josh Widdecombe, Rob Beckett and Katherine Ryan.

Probably forgotten about some really good ones mind.
Swap Rob Beckett for Richard Osman or Tim key

Otis

Was disappointed with Dave Gorman. When he was announced I thought he was going to be great, but overall he was a great disappointment.
I quite like Noel Fielding, but found him annoying a bit on TM because he just kept saying 'I don't understand the task' all the time.

Otis

The good news is that it's back on this week.

The bad news is that Russell Howard is one of the contestants. :(

There is also Lisa Tarbuck.

The rest are Tim Vine, Alice Levine and Asim Choudry.

Just have to wait and see I suppose. But a bit of a comedown after Bob Mortimer.

rob9872

There have been a few people on this that I don't find funny normally who have been quite good on TM, so as you say we should perhaps reserve judgement until it's been aired, even regarding the incredibly unfunny RH!

Otis

There have been a few people on this that I don't find funny normally who have been quite good on TM, so as you say we should perhaps reserve judgement until it's been aired, even regarding the incredibly unfunny RH!
Yeah. Mel Giedroyc was pretty good on it.

Moff

The good news is that it's back on this week.

The bad news is that Russell Howard is one of the contestants. :(

There is also Lisa Tarbuck.

The rest are Tim Vine, Alice Levine and Asim Choudry.

Just have to wait and see I suppose. But a bit of a comedown after Bob Mortimer.

That's not a bad mix, looking forward to it.

ajsccfc

James Acaster on one of the next series should be great. I'm not worried about Russell Howard on this, a few people I've never been keen on before have come across well on older series so I think it's a format that makes it easy to like people.

Si80

Tried to go and watch this being recorded. Didn't make it onto the "in" list for the recording...
I'm a fan of Russell Howard, and hoping that Asim is as odd ball as Paul Chowdry was.

Nick

Administrator
Had a look on demand last night but it wasnt there, watched the "unseen" thing and it was pretty shite.

Otis

Had a look on demand last night but it wasnt there, watched the "unseen" thing and it was pretty shite.
The unseen one last time out wasn't very good either.

It is more than likely unseen because it just wasn't good enough to put in the show.

ajsccfc

Everyone good on the first episode I thought. The format wins! Liza Tarbuck's an early favourite, the one who gives the least shit is always fun.

Otis

Everyone good on the first episode I thought. The format wins! Liza Tarbuck's an early favourite, the one who gives the least shit is always fun.
Funny old world isn't it, because I found it poor and barely raised a titter.

Only liked Alice Levine's stunt and nowt else.

Just feel it lacks the off the wall surreal thinking of a Tim Key, a Bob Mortimer, a Paul Choudhury, or a Joe Wilkinson.

Didn't enjoy that much at all unfortunately and found it all quite dull. :(

Otis

I didn't think it was up to much :(
Yeah, very poor. I barely raised a smile.

Would say just about the worst episode ever so far.

The problem is that Tim Vine is a comedian who has to sit down and write his comedy and plan his puns for the most part, he's not a naturally witty, off the cuff person and lacks the surrealism of a Bob Mortimer or Joe Wilkinson.

I don't find Russell Howard funny anyway and Liza Tarbuck is more just an actress who plays comedic roles.

Best one so far is Alice Levine. I had never heard of Asim Choudry to be honest.

It doesn't bode well so far. I think you always need someone who is a bit left field and off the wall.

What we need is 42 Calippo's.

ajsccfc

Mixed feelings elsewhere I've looked too. I think it can take a while to warm up and I went in a little pessimistic so I was pleasantly surprised by it myself, plus I'm just happy they didn't stop it completely after the champions special. Never seen much of Alice Levine before but I like her.

Users who are viewing this thread