Teachers strikes (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Fine them like parents get for taking their kids out of school! :(

Nick

Administrator
Childcare costs, why should a parent not be allowed to save a fortune on holidays but teachers can as they please

Otis

Childcare costs, why should a parent not be allowed to save a fortune on holidays but teachers can as they please

You sound like a spin doctor for the Tory party Nick! ;) Or have you started reading the Daily Mail avidly all of a sudden?

Otis

You sure you're not just a teacher yourself but are pee'd off that you have to work while all your colleagues are off sunning themselves?

Otis

Strangely enough, half of my daughter's school classes are off today, so there should be over 200 children off school. Somehow though there were even less parking spaces around the school than normal. Had to park much further away this morning.

Go figure.

Otis

Strangely enough, half of my daughter's school classes are off today, so there should be over 200 children off school. Somehow though there were even less parking spaces around the school than normal. Had to park much further away this morning.

Go figure.

Might have been all the great big camper vans being loaded up by the striking teachers I suppose.

torchomatic

I have to say as a parent I'm pretty sick of these teachers strikes. They're constantly bleating about pay, pensions and working conditions. Christ, what do they think it's like for the rest of us in the public sector? Our pay is shit and our pensions are worth less and less.

They don't get any sympathy from me. I've never once striked in all the years I've worked for the public sector despite being asked to do so. I've never crossed a picket, I've gone to another location where possible.

Teachers aren't getting the sympathy they think they are from everyone.

lewys33

Working conditions .......... what is it like for the kids then??

maybe they should work for the NHS ........ selfish c..........

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ahh...bless the teachers...with their CHOSEN profession, 3+ months off per year & their tax-payer funded pension pot...

What about the vast majority of private sector workers....shitter pay, shitter holiday provision, shitter sickness benefits, shitter or non-existent pension, shitter working conditions & shitter bosses....and yet they still have to pay in to the Teachers pension pot for them to enjoy a retirement that most in the private sector can only dream about.......

If the teachers carry on like this, I reckon we should give them lines & make them do detention in their vest & pants....moaning twats.

wingy

Ahh...bless the teachers...with their CHOSEN profession, 3+ months off per year & their tax-payer funded pension pot...

What about the vast majority of private sector workers....shitter pay, shitter holiday provision, shitter sickness benefits, shitter or non-existent pension, shitter working conditions & shitter bosses....and yet they still have to pay in to the Teachers pension pot for them to enjoy a retirement that most in the private sector can only dream about.......

If the teachers carry on like this, I reckon we should give them lines & make them do detention in their vest & pants....moaning twats.

Singlets........

jimmyhillsfanclub

...or maybe they could enter the "PE lost property lucky dip"....

showing me age now....educated mainly in dilapidated porta-cabins, not enough books to go around & teachers on strike what seemed like every bloody week....that was comprehensive school in Thatchers Britain kids!!

...I did PE in some mouldy stinky old kit from the lost property bag once.....never forgot my kit again...

These days that would probably be deemed a "human rights abuse".....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...*shakes fist at world*

wingy

...or maybe they could enter the "PE lost property lucky dip"....

showing me age now....educated mainly in dilapidated porta-cabins, not enough books to go around & teachers on strike what seemed like every bloody week....that was comprehensive school in Thatchers Britain kids!!

...I did PE in some mouldy stinky old kit from the lost property bag once.....never forgot my kit again...

These days that would probably be deemed a "human rights abuse".....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...*shakes fist at world*

Which school??

I have to admit ,I had a rant In another thread today on this subject,and I guess geography can have a huge bearing on how our education develops.

Came from a Typical working Class background ,but by luck landed a council house In the Burbs and received my Education from across the border.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm not from Coventry...I'm not even from Warwickshire....so you won't know the school..

I'm one of these "out of town" city fans that some on here despise for having the audacity to be born many miles away from Highfield Road...

I was born in the ghetto of Kent to Welsh parents.....

...and I end up supporting this shower of shite!!

Users who are viewing this thread