team for saturday (1 Viewer)

Otis

Shows how desperate we are that people are desperate for the return of Haynes.

If he's going to play you'd have to have a wing back system.

So you'd have grimmer and Haynes as the backs and the three others from last night in the three - or Davies.

I'd then have Kelly in the middle of Vincenti and jones with two forwards - probably mcnulty and biamou assuming Thomas is out the picture.
Don't think it's desperate, people are just looking at the squad we have and the only options available out wide left or right.

Londonccfcfan

Just get back to basics, no need for drastic knee jerk reaction.

2 changes for me Vincenti in for McNulty and Beavon for Biamou.

I think is our strength Is to play more to feet.....we aren’t gonna score from headers that’s been obvious all season.
We don’t have the beasts up front to do that.. need to play it to feet more play to our strengths.

I think earlier in season on the wings it worked switching Jones and Vicente, one minute your dealing with a tricky quick winger and the next 6 ft 4 bean pole. I think there’s more to Vicente than meets the eye, you look at the stats after Jones he has the most assists and a goal to boot.

ccfchoi87

Time to go 4-3-3? Looked like Robins' 2nd choice in pre season.

Burge

Grimmer
McDonald
Willis
Haynes / Stokes

Kelly
Doyle
Stevenson

Jones
McNulty
Nazon

Something like this with the front 3 alternating who plays wide

Londonccfcfan

Time to go 4-3-3? Looked like Robins' 2nd choice in pre season.

Burge

Grimmer
McDonald
Willis
Haynes / Stokes

Kelly
Doyle
Stevenson

Jones
McNulty
Nazon

Something like this with the front 3 alternating who plays wide

That looks solid, even more solid and defensive, but definitely not more attacking.

shmmeee

Thing about the 4231 formation is you can play the likes of Haynes to give you some width going forward and you’ve got the DMs to cover.

CCFC54321

If Vincenti starts Saturday I’ll walk back out the ground.

Some of the summer signings already appear to be bad recruitment yet again.

Esoterica

Thing about the 4231 formation is you can play the likes of Haynes to give you some width going forward and you’ve got the DMs to cover.
That's exactly what i don't like about the current formation. Grimmer, who misplaces a lot of passes when he needs to move the ball quickly, gets forward and our best passer of the ball in Kelly drops into right back to cover for him. Then we get to the box down the flank and there's no decent pass inside because the midfield are in the fullback positions. We have to do away with these 2 DMs, even if it's just pushing Kelly higher from the start, unless we go 3-5-2 and have an extra man in the centre which has been my choice for 3 games now.

--------------Burge-------------
Willis - Davies - McDonald
--------- Kelly - Doyle-------------
Jones----Vincenti------Haynes
--------McNulty-Beavon----------
Subs: O'Brien, Grimmer, Stokes, Stevenson, Shipley, Ponti, Nazon

Users who are viewing this thread