Tel Gibbo (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

OnThisDay in 1985, Terry Gibson scores as the #SkyBlues beat champions @Everton 4-1 to secure survival in the last game of the season #PUSB One of the best games ever imho .
DAwgo66WAAEaThx.jpg

BackRoomRummermill

Yep great day on the pitch at the end as well

The fact only 2 of the Everton players playing were the main squad And the rest in Spain on holiday had nothing to do with the emphatic win

no_loyalty

I was gutted to be away on cub camp, and have to miss this game

W

westcountry_skyblue

Great day in the west end and on the pitch via the fence!!

NortonSkyBlue

The thing about that night in Stoke is that they were a long time relegated and had been a shambles all season and the gate was 6000 with quite a few of us. Painter had a late penalty and missed. Score and we were down.
The Everton game was at 11.30 on a Sunday morning!!! They were still pissed!

Covfather

My first ever game as a sky blue fan, my dad and uncle took me we sat in the main stand, on now 41 years of age and still can remember this game and everything that happened, I remember people on the pitch with bottles of champagne etc. Now after all these years of having a season ticket myself and my family are saying no to this season until the vermin are gone..sad really but NOPM

Gynnsthetonic

Not forgetting the 1-0 win over Luton in between the Stoke and Everton
game, Killer scoring from the edge of the box in the 84th minute, I was in the west terrace everyone went beserk, great days!

Bob Latchford

Not forgetting the 1-0 win over Luton in between the Stoke and Everton
game, Killer scoring from the edge of the box in the 84th minute, I was in the west terrace everyone went beserk, great days!
True . think there was about 7 minutes to go and it was still 0-0 . the west end started singing there's going to be a riot, there's going to be a riot - then Killer walloped a right footed rocket into the net . place went mental . think Sealey was in goal for them , he was gutted .

Gosford Green

Went to all 3 of that particular escape.

12 months previously we had to win the last game and 12 months later the same.
The saying if the Titantic was sky blue was never more apt at that time.

Cov kid 55

Yeh, BRRM needs to google the Everton team, looks pretty strong to me! Although I would say that most of them seemed to be on the beach. I watched the game in the Everton stand, think the City ends were sold out. At the end of the game, when the Everton fans cleared off, there were little groups of City fans in that stand dotted around - we weren't the only ones!

Cov kid 55

Yep your right it was a figure of speech , it was a very weak team though

It was a lovely sunny day and pre fa cup win by 2 years

Mr Regis goal was amazing !
Yep your right it was a figure of speech , it was a very weak team though

It was a lovely sunny day and pre fa cup win by 2 years

Mr Regis goal was amazing !
Yeh, I thought this was the start of the excellent team that would win the FA Cup two years later. The backbone of the team that day was at Wembley lifting the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread