Temporary dismissals (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We have it in NL and I would say it works pretty well. I think you generally see more of them given out but they're kind of used for what I would classify as an orange card offence.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I like the idea in principle but I'd need to know how it would be applied.

If it's for a set amount of time, then all that will happen is teams will try and time waste as much as possible until the time is up, so I think it'd only really be viable with a stopped clock format.

Sky Blue Pete

I like the idea in principle but I'd need to know how it would be applied.

If it's for a set amount of time, then all that will happen is teams will try and time waste as much as possible until the time is up, so I think it'd only really be viable with a stopped clock format.
It’s 8mins for u16
10mins for open u17 and above and open age
Hugely successful trials in leagues up and down the country

Would love it in the professional game

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s 8mins for u16
10mins for open u17 and above and open age
Hugely successful trials in leagues up and down the country

Would love it in the professional game
But as I say how would you prevent the other team wasting as much of that 8-10mins?

We already have the ball out of play enough as it is. Having teams deliberately try to time waste even more isn't going to help. That's why it works in things like ice hockey.

Sky Blue Pete

But as I say how would you prevent the other team wasting as much of that 8-10mins?

We already have the ball out of play enough as it is. Having teams deliberately try to time waste even more isn't going to help. That's why it works in things like ice hockey.
Massively worked in trial areas
Would love it in professional football
Worst part of the game for me

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Massively worked in trial areas
Would love it in professional football
Worst part of the game for me
I'm sure it did, but if it were my team I'd be saying the first opportunity go down with a head injury and we'll spend 4-5 minutes 'treating it' and reduce the amount of time they have the advantage. Do you really think that isn't what professional club s would do?

Nick

Administrator
I watched a sunday league game a few years ago and they had sin bins. Ended up about 8-7 or something silly for a bit.

Sky Blue Pete

So first weekend
Adults blamed my lad for sticking to the new initiative and complained vociferously and immaturely too having kicked the ball away
U14’s completely understood and not one bit of dissent in the whole game

Adge

So first weekend
Adults blamed my lad for sticking to the new initiative and complained vociferously and immaturely too having kicked the ball away
U14’s completely understood and not one bit of dissent in the whole game
Has it only just started over your way/in your leagues then Pete?
Must say I’m very surprised as it has been on our Leagues for the last 3 seasons 🤔

Adge

Has it worked well??
It’s a good tool if used correctly and I employ it all the time. Was at Alvis on Saturday and employed it in the first 5 minutes! 😁 This shows that you mean business and any team or captain who are reasonable will take that on board and any backchat will be minimal and not over the top.
Trouble is though, I’ve seen old school people/Refs not use it correctly and instead of a dissent sin bin caution-another will issue a caution for “AA-adopting an aggressive attitude” if they are shouted at or shown dissent.
That’s where it all falls down though as the 2nd example doesn’t penalise the dissent as the offending players team is not down to 10 players for a period as they would have been if carried out correctly as per the first example.

Adge

And again today-“Ref it’s not the F’ing Premier League you know” shouted at the top of his voice from the bench which everybody heard.
Can’t say they wasn’t warned before the game either but I guess some just can’t take things onboard 😁
Here’s a caution for you!

Sky Blue Pete

And again today-“Ref it’s not the F’ing Premier League you know” shouted at the top of his voice from the bench which everybody heard.
Can’t say they wasn’t warned before the game either but I guess some just can’t take things onboard 😁
Here’s a caution for you!
Same for my lad
Kicked ball away sin bin
Then another sub been on 2 mins shouted at the assistant yep dissent in the bin for you
Pretty good robust response from the other players
Did it take a while for players to stop in the other area it was done

Adge

Same for my lad
Kicked ball away sin bin
Then another sub been on 2 mins shouted at the assistant yep dissent in the bin for you
Pretty good robust response from the other players
Did it take a while for players to stop in the other area it was done
Obviously I wasn’t there Pete but are you saying a player kicked the ball away and a Sin Bin was administered?

Adge

Yeah-that’s where I was leaning towards-delaying the restart 😁
Fair play to him for administering the correct sanctions instead of being a shrinking violet. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread