Tesco parking (1 Viewer)

idm1975

Anyone had any charges come through to them for parking when games are on?

Qwerty70

My mate is a steward and he has had a message advising him that the number plate recognition 'thing' is now working and he has to park elsewhere for today & future games.
I personally won't risk Tescos today.

skybluejelly

2 hrs is not long enough for shopping .. It is for men .. But no way is 2 hrs long enough for women .. If they enforce it there will be a huge backlash from genuine shoppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

2 hrs is not long enough for shopping .. It is for men .. But no way is 2 hrs long enough for women .. If they enforce it there will be a huge backlash from genuine shoppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They should do the two signs then.

2 hrs free parking for men and 2 days free parking for women.

Still don't think it will be enough, but may at least stop the odd one or two from complaining.

The arena park website has been altered and is very clear. Five hours normally and you need to spend £50 to park on match days,/ events. Receipts need to be kept for 14 days unless noted by park watch attendant and your registration noted. Marks and Spencer return policy is 28days
www.arenashopping.com/parking/

chiefdave

How long does it take to get out of Tesco? Might do the old click and collect and pick it up after the game.

stevefloyd

Lets face it if you did park at Tesco's it would in effect only cost £40 because you save a tenner on the rip off parking to watch a pile of shite at £23 in fact you might be better off to just go shopping !!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Interesting how they are going to prove that everyone who parks for over 2 hours on a matchday has spent £50 somewhere at Arena Park. They will have to issue Parking Charge Notices to everyone then accept appeals from people who have receipts.
Bear in mind they are required by law to issue you with a Notice to Keeper within 14 days of the alleged offence if they are detecting by ANPR rather than by ticket. DVLA are going to be well pissed off at having to deal with several hundred (?) pointless requests for keeper info from the parking co!
Suspect if you did get a notice without having spent 50 quid, there would be a loophole to get you out of it.

idm1975

Would rather spend £50 in store, which i did, after the game on stuff i need than give the robbing shites a 10 spot!

rob9872

Be less than 10k tonight so no exclusion zone and ti can park where you like.

Nick

Administrator
Be less than 10k tonight so no exclusion zone and ti can park where you like.

I always think that.

Should they be telling people if there is no exclusion zone? I always thought if it was less than 10K you can park where you want but didn't know if they had to confirm etc?

Moff

I always think that.

Should they be telling people if there is no exclusion zone? I always thought if it was less than 10K you can park where you want but didn't know if they had to confirm etc?

Whose they? If its the Council, good luck with that ;)

Sky Blue Kid

They should do the two signs then.

2 hrs free parking for men and 2 days free parking for women.

Still don't think it will be enough, but may at least stop the odd one or two from complaining.

Isn't the usual thing to do go shopping in Tesco and keep your receipt?

Gaz71

I just got a £100 parking charge notice for parking in Tesco at the Oldham game so would advise against parking there tonight.

Captain Dart

Otis

Maybe Breckies and Lunchies
Have we those two on trial as well? What position do they play?

To be honest, with our injury problems I am not too keen on a player called Breckie being here.

Is Lunchies a friend of Steve Evans?

Nick

Administrator
Have we those two on trial as well? What position do they play?

To be honest, with our injury problems I am not too keen on a player called Breckie being here.

Is Lunchies a friend of Steve Evans?
At least we have a cook at the back to cater for it all.

Irish Sky Blue

I just got a £100 parking charge notice for parking in Tesco at the Oldham game so would advise against parking there tonight.

My son got one today from the Oldham game as well. I bought a £50 voucher from Tesco and have the receipt so will send pictures of these off in an email to the parking company so should be alright. No more Tesco parking however.

Gaz71

My son got one today from the Oldham game as well. I bought a £50 voucher from Tesco and have the receipt so will send pictures of these off in an email to the parking company so should be alright. No more Tesco parking however.

Anyone got any tesco shopping receipts from Saturday 17th September please?

Gaz71

Has anyone else had a parking ticket for match day parking at Tesco, I'm writing a letter contesting the £100 fine for being 18 mins over the allowed time, just seeing if anyone else has gone down this route?

chiefdave

Might be worth getting on to the shopping centre management. Apparently there have been a lot of complaints from genuine shoppers and they are getting the company in charge of parking to cancel a lot of tickets.

Otis

Has anyone else had a parking ticket for match day parking at Tesco, I'm writing a letter contesting the £100 fine for being 18 mins over the allowed time, just seeing if anyone else has gone down this route?
18 mins you should be fine.

You can always say that you were just about to leave when your so or daughter needed the toilet, so you had to pop back in, something like that and I think they would be fine about it.

Users who are viewing this thread